Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 08:14:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337990 Posts in 13836 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bravely Second
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Bravely Second  (Read 2840 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 23, 2014, 09:32:20 AM »

For the sake of separating Bravely Second from Bravely Default and avoiding any spoilers of the first game that might pop up in the coverage of BS, I've decided to start a new thread for this game.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/23/bravely-second-shows-magnolia-different-job-forms-look-agnes/

For a bunch of world saviors, the treatment of the Warriors of Light post BD seems to be rather unacceptable.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 01:42:12 PM »

...rather unacceptable.

Stop it.  >:(

So far so good.  I'm surprisedwith the long radio silence on this.  So far so good, and hopefully, if 'For the Sequel' showed anything that Squeenix listens to fan feedback.... cuz' honestly another tour of Luxendarc sounds exhausting if they don't change this title up a lot).

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 07:18:57 AM »

I'm honestly not completely sure if I'll be getting this or not. I was never on the hype wagon for the first game, and I can't say that it impressed me. So yeah.

Also, Dice, I'll get the tar you get the feathers.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 11:13:53 AM »

I'm still playing the first game, on chapter 2 but so far I'm loving it, the characters much more than the story itself, so if some are returning I'll be sure to get it!

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 02:43:49 PM »

Not as hyped for this as I was the first one, but I will definitely be getting it. Like others said, hopefully they learned from the flaws of the first and make a really kick ass game. The potential is there.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 05:56:37 PM »

Who's this "insider" who gets early copies of the videogame mags and scans takes a photo of the image at the tiniest grainy and assy resolution ever? 

Ah well, you can still tell they're gonna love playing with Magnolia's hair in different classes. 

Not as hyped for this as I was the first one, but I will definitely be getting it. Like others said, hopefully they learned from the flaws of the first and make a really kick ass game. The potential is there.

Yeah.  I'll probably buy it anyways given that it's a $40 handheld (and less taxing to play/find time for); but I would love to hear more gameplay deets... Or rather, what's new.  If there was ever a game made with next to no replay value, it was Bravely Default...

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 06:48:28 PM »

Really looking forward to this. Loved the gameplay in the first one. I need mah FFV Job system fix!

If there was ever a game made with next to no replay value, it was Bravely Default...

Code:
Really? I thought it had a lot of replay value. I could replay the same bits again and again and again and again.

I kid. It is true. The story loses the mystery that drew you in during the first playthrough and you already know how to take advantage of every single boss and their pattern.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 12:44:22 AM »

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/second/
Job updates!   Loving Magnolia's hair...even if her albinism should be putting me off.

For a priestess-figure, they love putting Agnes in risquee/suggestive poses.

Ancheim is back!!  ...Kinda!

Europe Town

« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 12:50:52 AM by Dice » Logged

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 06:01:47 AM »

Is there a Hooker job-class in Bravely Second? Dem boots.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 06:07:42 AM »

For a priestess-figure, they love putting Agnes in risquee/suggestive poses.

I'm pretty sure that's called 'marketing' in some circles.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 11:18:35 AM »

Is there a Hooker job-class in Bravely Second? Dem boots.

With dem boots and dat red binding rope, I'd say she trying to make a fashionaaabul statement.

BobofMainframe

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2014, 06:29:11 PM »

I'm still playing Bravely Default. About 70 hours in. I've reached that point I some times get to in RPGs where I lose the thread a little. Names and places losing their meaning because I've forgotten stuff. Must be getting old. Still I think it's a good game. I'm all for the sequel. Some new job classes and a wicked new boss theme and I'll be happy as Larry.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2014, 07:05:00 PM »

I'm a bit curious as to people's opinions about the Stein's;gate writer, whose name I can't think of at the moment, no longer being the writer of Bravely Second.  I imagine the story might be a lot less mindfucky and meta.  Preferably it'll keep the same tone as the first part of the original BD.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 07:06:31 PM by Cyril » Logged
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2014, 07:03:06 AM »

I'm a bit curious as to people's opinions about the Stein's;gate writer, whose name I can't think of at the moment, no longer being the writer of Bravely Second.  I imagine the story might be a lot less mindfucky and meta.  Preferably it'll keep the same tone as the first part of the original BD.
Wait the writer of Steins;Gate was the writer and no longer is? Damn it, I would have been excited for the game had I known he was the writer....Well I suppose that I don't have to disappointed about it no longer being true since. >.>
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 10:07:05 AM »

Wasn't that big of the fan of the guy to begin with, so its no great loss to see him go (especially if he had anything to do with Chaos;Head's writing). I'd probably like his work better if he could just stay away from the pop meta/quantum theory, like the whole multiverse as a time travel escape clause thing, since I feel that such a thing in its current incarnation is little more than a melodrama narrative's wet dream come true (to the extent that I felt that Bravely Default handled the multiverse as a time travel escape clause thing better than Stein's;Gate and even BD's interpretation was a boring slog).

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: