Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 10:01:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338100 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Thanks to RPGFan
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Thanks to RPGFan  (Read 1098 times)
BobofMainframe

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 31, 2014, 06:00:32 PM »

I set this account up a while ago. Long story short, hotmail go bad so I only just logged in for the first time today. This is my first post so I wanted to say hi to everyone.
I've been reading RPGFan for years. I first found the site around the time I was playing FFVII. Since then RPGFan has introduced me to a whole bunch of stuff, most recently Virtue's Last Reward and the Etrian Odyssey series. I wanted to say thanks to all the people who work on the site and also ask the community what have you discovered thanks to RPGFan?
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 12:15:51 AM »

Oh man, if it weren't for RPGFan, I would have missed out on a lot of indie and underground stuff.  RPGFan is also a big reason I'm into Japanese (and Japanese style) visual novels.  And because I often review games others may not want to, it's exposed me to games I otherwise may not have gone for.  Many have been pleasant surprises, and I ended up enjoying something fresh and new.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 12:17:20 AM »

Thanks to RPGfan, I had something to do in class when it got too boring.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 01:22:45 AM »

I've encountered a lot of great stuff because of RPGFan that I wouldn't have otherwise.  I think I have to put the Disgaea series at the top of the list, not because any of them is necessarily the best game I've ever played, but because I had never heard of it, and thanks to the site, I think I've played every game in the series at least once.  (I reviewed both the PSP and DS ports of #1, and I reviewed the PS3 version of 4 and am about to start work on the Vita version.)  That also led to me playing ZHP, which I loved, and Mugen Souls, which I enjoyed, and probably some other good games as well.

And lots of swell people, of course. :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 04:43:46 AM »

RPGFan, gee golly. Where to begin??

Well for one the community has taught me to manage my typographical verbage with far less ellipses. Remember a few years back? My posts where riddled with them! *tee hee*

In truth I still over-use the "...." but I am MUCH better thanks to RPGFan.

Thanks to RPGFan I have friends!! Its true!!!! In my lonely existence these little forum correspondences enable me to feel somewhat social outside the realm of my career which proves a wee bit more demanding of me at times than I really care for.

But now to the nitty griity. THE GAMES. Dice currently has me sold on Breath of Fire IV, 40 hours in and loving it. Dincrest is the very reason I picked up Persona 2 which stands as one of the most memorable experiences I've had as an adult gamer in terms of a narrative. Agent D introduced me Skyping and facilitated my first venture into online gaming. If it were not for Aeolus, I would have never got 108 stars in suikoden 2 without using a faq. Kevadu brow beat me into being able to finally put down a game I hate and not finish it without freaking out. And the list goes on.

I'm certain if thought more about it I could make this post exceptionally longwinded. The nuts and bolts of the situation is as follows. I like it here. I like it here a lot. In fact I may someday tattoo the RPGFan logo on my arm. The end.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 07:46:19 AM »

Oh man, yeah, I remember when Klyde first started posting. "...." everywhere. XD

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 09:46:22 AM »

Rpgfan has gotten me through many a boring workday. Hell, it's getting me through one right now. Thanks rpgfan!

TASTY!
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 02:38:32 PM »

Rpgfan has gotten me through many a boring workday. Hell, it's getting me through one right now. Thanks rpgfan!

^ This. Plus lots of good (and bad) opinions from everyone on games I was interested in :P Suffice to say, I enjoy it here and missed it when I went on hiatus for a couple years from gaming. As soon as I started gaming again I immediately came back here.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 02:47:43 PM »

Aww you guys.

RPGFan has gotten me through many moments of boredom and many moments of "I have a ton to do but I'll edit a podcast instead."

Just wait for the big changes we've got coming in the next few months :D

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 02:53:41 PM »

Thank to RPGfan for adding to my backlist of RPGs that I would have been interested in when they came out but never knew about...Also thanks to Taelus and co for the Music podcast! A lot of the tracks rekindled many of my teenage summers spent playing RPGs.
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 10:10:51 PM »

Bugger, my work's firewalls won't let me surf on company time. I have to look on RPGfan on my OWN time. Fortunately, even though I don't post much, I do enjoy the articles and threads here and I always find interesting (and obscure) games to get :)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 10:23:18 PM »

I read RPGfan for those rare but amazing reviews a guy called Greig writes. He is so awesome.

And handsome too.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2014, 12:19:44 AM »

Thanks to RPGFan I got a free copy of Ys Origins.

I miss the RPGFan Quiz... ;_;

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2014, 01:16:00 AM »

I read RPGfan for those rare but amazing reviews a guy called Greig writes. He is so awesome.

And handsome too.

And unbelievably humble!

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2014, 08:23:11 AM »

Thanks to RPGFan I got a free copy of Ys Origins.

I miss the RPGFan Quiz... ;_;

I've been wanting to start that up again now that I have more free time/money again.

RPGfan Season 2: Electric Boogaloo?

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: