Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 04:15:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334648 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Thanks to RPGFan
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Thanks to RPGFan  (Read 942 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2014, 11:50:28 AM »

Thanks to RPGFan I got a free copy of Ys Origins.

I miss the RPGFan Quiz... ;_;

I've been wanting to start that up again now that I have more free time/money again.

RPGfan Season 2: Electric Boogaloo?

I forgot to bug you for a steam gift card when TitS came out... ah well.  I PLAN TO BE VICTORIOUS FOR A FUTURE QUIZ ANYWAYS. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2014, 04:38:23 PM »

Are you owed a gift card? If you have I've completely forgotten. :P

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2014, 04:58:37 AM »

RPGfan served as my guide when I got my PSone. That long list of reviews actually convinced me to go for a, eh, somehwat modified model. No worries, RPGfan didn't turn me into a pirate! I bought the Lunar games, Xenogears, Chrono Cross, Valkyrie Profile and many more fair and square.

RPGfan did play a pretty big role in how I turned out. This site pointed me towards many interesting games (including Fire Emblem and Ace Attorney back when they weren't any localised installments available!). I played those games (eventually) and that made me stand out when I started looking for work as a game journalist. So thanks for helping me get started, RPGfan :)

And of course there are many awesome people here. People who let me vent when life sucks, people who know how to have a good discussion about games, and most importantly, people who make me laugh.
glassjawsh
insolent cur

This tomb will be your grave

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2014, 04:16:32 PM »

I've been playing rpgs since my brother first brought home FFIV (II at the time) for our snes when I was in the 3rd grade.  I first found RPGFan when I was in college at Purdue in the mid 2000's.  And I can honestly say, with very few exceptions (FFXIII being the big one) I haven't purchased a physical copy of a single RPG that these guys didn't review favorably.

I randomly signed up recently because the forums at my old go-to site completely fell apart and i needed somewhere else to waste time during work.  I'm sure you're all horrible horrible people and I look forward to learning to hate each and every last one of you.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2014, 04:38:10 PM »

Welcome to the fields of hatred! ;)

I hear our podcasts are great for wasting time at work *cough*

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2014, 04:40:16 PM »

The soundtrack review section. Discovered many a gem I would no otherwise known existed.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2014, 07:32:25 PM »

Thanks to RPGFan, I bought a bunch of games and have a huge backlog that will never get cleared. But this site got me addicted to the SMT series, so I'll always be thankful.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2014, 09:59:37 PM »

Thanks to RPGFan, last night I was able to decide between getting Mugen Souls Z and Guided Fate Paradox. Was at work and didn't have a lot of time, so I decided to just go with whichever one got a higher score on the site. (I think... I may have changed my mind after reading the pros/cons. Went with Guided Fate)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2014, 10:44:56 PM »

Thanks to RPGFan, last night I was able to decide between getting Mugen Souls Z and Guided Fate Paradox. Was at work and didn't have a lot of time, so I decided to just go with whichever one got a higher score on the site. (I think... I may have changed my mind after reading the pros/cons. Went with Guided Fate)

They fixed the Mugen Field bug recently so that might have been a factor worth considering last night.

Then again, this is Mugen Souls Z we're talking about, so you had already taken the lesser of the two evils on that call.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2014, 11:27:33 PM »

Thanks to RPGFan, I became a fan of RPGs again.

Ten or so years ago, I sold most of my ps1-2 games around the time I graduated college and didn't play RPGs for quite some time. Reading the reviews here helped me get back into RPGs and discover my passion for them. I couldn't imagine what I would have missed out on if I had passed up Xenoblade Chronicles or even giving the FFXIII series a try again after I got semi-jaded on FFXIII-1 to discovering how much fun FFXIII-2 really was.

Recently this year I've become a convert to 3DS rpgs (starting with Bravely Default) and then I started getting to know more people on here. Some solid advice from members here on strategy for gameplay that paid off when my players felt underdeveloped or feeling stuck.

I've been enjoying SMTIV lately and oddly enough it's the first SMT title I've played since Persona 1 back on the old ps1. I'm eagerly looking forward to SMT x Fire Emblem whenever that sees the light of day.

It's also fun having other interests in common with you guys on here besides rpgs like anime, football, movies, tv shows, music, etc.

Playing: SMTIV (3DS).
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2014, 07:20:46 PM »

I just want to throw in my two cents and say that I love this site as well. I really wish I posted here more, but the articles and reviews are always a great read. Taelus' Theatrythm review, for example, was especially interesting to read. I really liked how he gave some examples of how Final Fantasy left an impact him. For a game that's riding heavily on nostalgia, that actually really helped me to get a sense for how much he enjoyed the game. I actually don't have much nostalgia for the Final Fantasy series, but I can definitely relate to a lot of those scenes described in the review, albeit with other games.

I especially love the community, though. I know I don't talk enough here, but I love seeing all the discussions people have. There are a lot of intelligent users here, and most of the time people tend to get along well enough. Seems like a lot of people have fun here, too. I don't wanna gush, but I can honestly say this is the best community I've been to, and has been at least since I joined in 2010.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
mecharobot

Thunder of the dogs! INDIGNATION

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2014, 05:28:12 PM »

I've been on other RPG forums, but have abandoned them since they weren't really RPG forums at all. I like that people here have at least some level of interest and knowledge about this stuff instead of the usual dirt throwing.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2014, 06:37:37 PM »

i fondly remember what this place was like during the ps2 days. during that time people her got me into a couple games. the wild arms series and the shadow hearts series.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: