Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 09:51:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334707 Posts in 13708 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Football!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Football!!  (Read 734 times)
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 03, 2014, 03:38:42 PM »

So tonight marks the true start of Football season with the first pre-season game. I know a lot of people don't pay much attention to pre-season, but to me it is important to see who is looking rusty, who is looking good, and which picks were just plain shitty in the draft.

Is anyone else excited for Football? Not soccer. American Hand Egg.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 06:20:45 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv6RbEOlqRo

Revelant.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 07:35:33 PM »

I'm a Ravens fan.  Hasn't been a great month. 

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 08:13:16 PM »

I'm a Ravens fan.  Hasn't been a great month.  

Ouch, yeah. I am a little surprised at how lenient they were on Rice, but he does seem genuinely sorry for his actions.

As a Seahawks fan I am excited for this year, again. Yes, a few pieces were lost, but a lot of key pieces were retained and with how stacked they have made the secondary the defense will do well again. I predict #1 or #2 defense in the league, again. I just hope that some of the pieces they picked up for the offensive line help protect Wilson. He isn't the strongest QB, but he is one of the smartest.

Watching the Hall of Fame game I just have to say...Eli Manning is fucking terrible. I have no idea how he has kept his job as the QB of the Giants. Is it because his last name is Manning?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 08:24:26 PM by Daggerstrike » Logged

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 10:09:16 PM »

As a Colts fan, I'm super excited for this season. Andrew Luck just keeps getting better. Reggie Wayne, my favorite player of all time, is coming back from a major injury and everyone outside of Indiana thinks he is done (FYI reports from the media say he looks amazing in drills, but he won't be playing their first preseason game on Thursday just as a precaution). Trent Richardson gets a chance to redeem himself, or prove all the doubters wrong. I expect him to be somewhere in the middle. Same with Hakeem Nicks, which was a good pickup. Also, everyone will continue learning TY Hilton's name. Such a stud WR. I'm sure as a Seahawks fan you remember the game between the Colts and Seahawks last year. It was great, but watching Hilton burn Sherman and Thomas for a huge TD was amazing. Hopefully our defense can keep up with the progress our offense has been making. Adding back in Dwayne Allen at TE is going to be nice too. I can't wait for the season to start! So many things I'm looking forward to seeing. Even our rookie WR Donte Moncrief has been massively impressing the media in camp and will probably be our kick returner for the preseason opener.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 12:47:15 AM »

As a Colts fan, I'm super excited for this season. Andrew Luck just keeps getting better. Reggie Wayne, my favorite player of all time, is coming back from a major injury and everyone outside of Indiana thinks he is done (FYI reports from the media say he looks amazing in drills, but he won't be playing their first preseason game on Thursday just as a precaution). Trent Richardson gets a chance to redeem himself, or prove all the doubters wrong. I expect him to be somewhere in the middle. Same with Hakeem Nicks, which was a good pickup. Also, everyone will continue learning TY Hilton's name. Such a stud WR. I'm sure as a Seahawks fan you remember the game between the Colts and Seahawks last year. It was great, but watching Hilton burn Sherman and Thomas for a huge TD was amazing. Hopefully our defense can keep up with the progress our offense has been making. Adding back in Dwayne Allen at TE is going to be nice too. I can't wait for the season to start! So many things I'm looking forward to seeing. Even our rookie WR Donte Moncrief has been massively impressing the media in camp and will probably be our kick returner for the preseason opener.

Yeah, sad. It was the one TD thrown in Richard Shermans direction last season. He didn't allow any others.

The Colts have a serious shot to make it to the Superbowl, even with the Neanderthal looking QB that is Luck ;-)

THe weak link in the Colts is going to be the defense. i don't think they did enough to shore it up in the off season. They added a couple players, but I am not sure they did enough. Only time will tell. It is going to be a good season. ^_^

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 01:08:06 AM »

HOLY CRAP MY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR'S KID MADE A PLAY ON NATIONAL TV! 

Jordan Stanton.  DE from JMU.  Undrafted rookie on the Giants.  I flipped my **** when I realized. 

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 02:06:54 AM »

I'm a Cowboys fan, so I'm still waiting for Tony Romo to retire and for Jerry Jones to step down.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 01:14:09 PM »

I'm a Cowboys fan, so I'm still waiting for Tony Romo to retire and for Jerry Jones to step down.

My condolences...

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 01:19:44 PM »

My condolences...

I pay more attention to college football these days because I know Ohio State can actually compete lol.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 03:25:08 PM »

Man, college football is just depressing for me. We've had some good teams and players over the years and even some 1st round picks since I attended (all linemen), but we haven't beaten our rival school in over a decade. I was actually writing my college application essays when I saw that last win.

Guess my alma mater without immediately calling me a douche and you get a sandwich.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2014, 06:02:21 PM »

Yeah, sad. It was the one TD thrown in Richard Shermans direction last season. He didn't allow any others.

The Colts have a serious shot to make it to the Superbowl, even with the Neanderthal looking QB that is Luck ;-)

THe weak link in the Colts is going to be the defense. i don't think they did enough to shore it up in the off season. They added a couple players, but I am not sure they did enough. Only time will tell. It is going to be a good season. ^_^

Believe me, every Colts fan on Twitter makes sure Sherman remembers he got burned by TY when he posts stats and shit claiming to be the best (not refuting, but it does get annoying. Let your play do the talking). I like the additions of Arthur Jones and D'Qwell Jackson to our front 7, but the secondary could be real shaky this year (especially if someone gets injured, the drop off from first to second string is noticable). I don't really like the safeties, but they can always improve. I expect the Colts to push for a top seed in the AFC this year regardless with their schedule. We get to play the Titans, Texans, and Jags twice for crying out loud lol.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2014, 07:09:13 PM »

Believe me, every Colts fan on Twitter makes sure Sherman remembers he got burned by TY when he posts stats and shit claiming to be the best (not refuting, but it does get annoying. Let your play do the talking). I like the additions of Arthur Jones and D'Qwell Jackson to our front 7, but the secondary could be real shaky this year (especially if someone gets injured, the drop off from first to second string is noticable). I don't really like the safeties, but they can always improve. I expect the Colts to push for a top seed in the AFC this year regardless with their schedule. We get to play the Titans, Texans, and Jags twice for crying out loud lol.

The Jags added some decent players in the off season, so they shouldn't be AS easy as last year. They will still be pretty easy I think, but not the blow off team they were ;-)

Sherman is an ass. I like him. He is a great player and an asset to the team on defense. Doesn't change him being an ass.

Yeah, it's the Colts secondary that I am thinking will be an issue. They don't have the depth of some teams *cough*Seahawks*cough* ;-)

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2014, 10:36:26 PM »

The Jags added some decent players in the off season, so they shouldn't be AS easy as last year. They will still be pretty easy I think, but not the blow off team they were ;-)

Sherman is an ass. I like him. He is a great player and an asset to the team on defense. Doesn't change him being an ass.

Yeah, it's the Colts secondary that I am thinking will be an issue. They don't have the depth of some teams *cough*Seahawks*cough* ;-)

I fully expect the Jags to be the worst team in the division despite a decent roster this year just because of their QB situation. Texans are the team the Colts could lose to. That defense is stellar and Fitzpatrick can get on hot streaks (and then go cold for 3 games). I just hope those cold games are against us lol.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2014, 05:13:40 PM »

<Snip>

I fully expect the Jags to be the worst team in the division despite a decent roster this year just because of their QB situation. Texans are the team the Colts could lose to. That defense is stellar and Fitzpatrick can get on hot streaks (and then go cold for 3 games). I just hope those cold games are against us lol.
[/quote]

Fitzpatrick will fizzle out this season. There will be no hot streaks. Just shitty shitty play. Don't discount the influence of Red Bryant in the Jags locker room. Yes, their QB situation is shitty, but it doesn't always take a good offense to win games. I will not be surprised if they beat the Titans though. Something about it is making me want to wager on the Jags ;-)

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: