Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 04:32:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332943 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Football!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Football!!  (Read 650 times)
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2014, 08:33:39 PM »

<Snip>

The Jags added some decent players in the off season, so they shouldn't be AS easy as last year. They will still be pretty easy I think, but not the blow off team they were ;-)

Sherman is an ass. I like him. He is a great player and an asset to the team on defense. Doesn't change him being an ass.

Yeah, it's the Colts secondary that I am thinking will be an issue. They don't have the depth of some teams *cough*Seahawks*cough* ;-)

I fully expect the Jags to be the worst team in the division despite a decent roster this year just because of their QB situation. Texans are the team the Colts could lose to. That defense is stellar and Fitzpatrick can get on hot streaks (and then go cold for 3 games). I just hope those cold games are against us lol.

Fitzpatrick will fizzle out this season. There will be no hot streaks. Just shitty shitty play. Don't discount the influence of Red Bryant in the Jags locker room. Yes, their QB situation is shitty, but it doesn't always take a good offense to win games. I will not be surprised if they beat the Titans though. Something about it is making me want to wager on the Jags ;-)
[/quote]

Titans are solid all around and if Locker stays for the whole season for once then I could see them winning 8-9 games. I think they are probably the second best team in the division. They are solid at every position really.

OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2014, 06:33:26 PM »

...but watching Hilton burn Sherman and Thomas for a huge TD was amazing.

Whenever I hear Sherman's name, I think of his epic rant against 49rs Crabtree post-game playoff victory about he's the best CB in the game. Hilarious reaction from kids who watched his video and asked questions to explain his behavior: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-I_q7CjPlM. There's also a few parodies and rap remix on YouTube, but the kid's reaction was priceless. I remember watching the game live earlier this year with my friends on the couch and after watching Sherman's rant live, I turned to my friends and asked them, "did we really just watch this?" lol. Good times.

Onto this current season, I'll still be rooting for my home team, the Chargers who are good in the regular season, but always struggle in the post season. Just don't ask the kicker to put up the pressure of winning playoff games.

This will be my second year playing fantasy football. Can't wait! :)

Playing: SMTIV (3DS).
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2014, 11:10:50 PM »

Bortles looked pretty good with the Jags. Obviously preseason is preseason and he probably won't get snaps until about game 6 after Henne fucks shit up repeatedly. They say they won't play him this season. I laugh at that.

I am torn on Pryor. He looked a lot better with the Seahawks than he ever did with the Raiders. Even in pre season. He was making good decisions and reading the field really well. With the exception of the throw into coverage at the end he made a lot of good choices. T-Jack looked good too. It is going to be a tough choice for the Hawks as of right now. Obviously things can change before the end of preseason.

The 49er game was... Interesting. They made some big mistakes. They had a couple players that looked really good, but overall it was a lackluster game by them.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2014, 07:34:10 PM »

Colts looked really good against the Jets in their first preseason game until the third stringers got put in after the first half. Luck and TY shredded the Jets on the first drive for like 40 yards on a couple catches. They could not cover him. Hakeem Nicks had a nice third down catch on 3rd and 11 to keep the drive going too. Unfortunately, our starting center went down at the goal line. I'm so sick of the injuries. The Colts seriously need a new staff for conditioning and whatnot. Already 4 starters down and 3 of them for the year and plenty of players nicked up. I feel like no other team even comes close to the injuries we have sustained already. Our defense looked really good with the first and second string, although the Jets are a terrible offensive team so I don't know what to make of it. Vick looked better than Geno. They should just start him and get it over with. He gives them a better chance of winning easy.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2014, 12:22:28 PM »

Colts looked really good against the Jets in their first preseason game until the third stringers got put in after the first half. Luck and TY shredded the Jets on the first drive for like 40 yards on a couple catches. They could not cover him. Hakeem Nicks had a nice third down catch on 3rd and 11 to keep the drive going too. Unfortunately, our starting center went down at the goal line. I'm so sick of the injuries. The Colts seriously need a new staff for conditioning and whatnot. Already 4 starters down and 3 of them for the year and plenty of players nicked up. I feel like no other team even comes close to the injuries we have sustained already. Our defense looked really good with the first and second string, although the Jets are a terrible offensive team so I don't know what to make of it. Vick looked better than Geno. They should just start him and get it over with. He gives them a better chance of winning easy.

Unfortunately (fortunately?) the Jets don't do things quickly when it comes to making changes. They kept Sanchez as their starter forever, despite him being just terrible. They are not a decisive group when it comes to changes.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2014, 01:29:39 PM »

So....yeah...Bortles....discuss.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2014, 05:29:55 PM »

So....yeah...Bortles....discuss.

He should be starting, end of story. You can only improve from playing and he already looks good. They will waste a year of his development in my opinion if they go with Henne instead. They aren't going to be a playoff team so if it costs them a game or two with a rookie mistake it will be worth it in the long run. I say this as a Colts fan too. The division needs to get better and I think the Jags are pointing up more than the other two teams in the division from where they were a year ago.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 05:32:02 PM by Blace » Logged

OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2014, 05:22:16 PM »

Pug goes crazy in his first ball pit!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZYq-c5OdGw

This is essentially how I'll be preparing before fantasy football begins this Sunday.

Playing: SMTIV (3DS).
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2014, 05:59:28 PM »

Holy shit last nights game started amazing. THen it just went to shit for the Packers when the Seahawks started connecting in all facets of the game...except punt returns. Seriously. Why risk injury to one of the best defensive players on the team, and arguably one of the top 5 Safeties in the league. Just let a rookie with good hands and nothing to prove at this point catch the ball after waving his hand above his head.

THere are a few games this Sunday that I am looking forward to, and the Lions game on Monday as well. I want to see how Golden Taint does on that team.

I hope Blake Bortles gets to play. I am glad Derek Carr gets to play. He looked sensational against the Hawks in preseason.

glassjawsh
will argue out of boredom

"You're pretty punk, Steve" - Dolphin

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2014, 04:04:43 PM »

Purdue got beat 38-17, at home, by Central Michigan and I'm already sick of football for another year...

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: