Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 07:15:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341139 Posts in 13942 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Ghost in the Shell (by Hollywood)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Ghost in the Shell (by Hollywood)  (Read 503 times)
natros
Misanthropic Humanist

Taking it from you while you sleep.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 03:15:30 PM »

Continuing off topic, as we all know Hollywood would thoroughly ruin a GitS adaptation. (It probably doesn't help that I don't particularly like SJ):

So you didn't like it because angry faced Jeremy Renner spent most of the movie making angry faces?? It was stupid because it was supposed to be stupid. Its over the top on purpose and if you actually get the joke its awesome. in fact, Renner and Gemma Arterton (the female lead in clash of the titans) have both gone on record a bunch of times about how much fun making it was. 

This.
Well, not Grim ultimately feeling insulted "this", but H&G being a fantastic film "this". I put up a glowing review before Grim's, and I stand by it. It was just fun as hell to watch. Over the top and delicious. Shouldn't be taken as anything more than that.
Now granted, Grim is pretty much straight edge, and I watched it through 420 vision. I'm sure that helped my enjoyment level a lot - lol. Even then, I know I'd still enjoy it without the haze.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 04:23:45 PM »

Continuing off topic, as we all know Hollywood would thoroughly ruin a GitS adaptation. (It probably doesn't help that I don't particularly like SJ):

So you didn't like it because angry faced Jeremy Renner spent most of the movie making angry faces?? It was stupid because it was supposed to be stupid. Its over the top on purpose and if you actually get the joke its awesome. in fact, Renner and Gemma Arterton (the female lead in clash of the titans) have both gone on record a bunch of times about how much fun making it was. 

This.
Well, not Grim ultimately feeling insulted "this", but H&G being a fantastic film "this". I put up a glowing review before Grim's, and I stand by it. It was just fun as hell to watch. Over the top and delicious. Shouldn't be taken as anything more than that.
Now granted, Grim is pretty much straight edge, and I watched it through 420 vision. I'm sure that helped my enjoyment level a lot - lol. Even then, I know I'd still enjoy it without the haze.
Straight Edge? Where'd you get that idea? No 420 for me, but I certainly enjoy my wine and beer.
Like I said earlier, I know exactly what they were going for, and felt like they didn't accomplish it(along with hundreds of reviewers: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/hansel_and_gretel_witch_hunters/?search=hansel )
Yeah, I know, reviewers suck and stuff, but they are generally correct in the aggregate)
 I wanted to like it, as the material is right up my alley, but it just wasn't to be. At least Gemma is hot.
Oh, well. To each his own, right?

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
natros
Misanthropic Humanist

Taking it from you while you sleep.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 04:35:30 PM »

Straight Edge? Where'd you get that idea?
I remember a while back you said something along the lines of you only enjoy 1 beer once in a while, and even then, it isn't that enjoyable. Ha! Hence, "pretty much" straight edge. Not that you go slapping beer bottles out of people's hands - lol. Obviously, I misconstrued your words.
I always forget to include wine when talking about alcohol. Mainly because I can't go anywhere near the stuff. Had a pretty horrible experience with a dirt cheap bottle of Ernest and Julio once... One time too many.

Oh, well. To each his own, right?
Damn skippy, my good man.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: