Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 11:59:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331640 Posts in 13578 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Persona 3 Movie
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Persona 3 Movie  (Read 196 times)
glassjawsh
will argue out of boredom

"You're pretty punk, Steve" - Dolphin

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« on: August 22, 2014, 04:47:08 PM »

I saw there was a thread on this earlier but I watched a pretty rough cut of it and wasn't entirely...thrilled  with what I saw.  I think after playing the game for almost 80 hours I had a pretty solid idea of who the SP (silent protagonist) was.  Unfortunately, the movie film sort of portrayed him as more of a cloud strife/squall type asshole than I was ready to deal with.  I also think they dropped the ball with Aegis (by far the best character in the game) by not giving her enough depth.   Did anyone else that actually played through the games and then watched the film have a similar experience?  Am I just being a butt hurt nerd and asking for more than a 90 minute film can realistically deliver?

Fee free to add your hate here

You're wrong, Frank. I'm not a kid, I'm a man. I am gonna get you better, and then I'm going to beat you to death!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 04:51:47 PM »

Which movie are you talking about?
Because there will be 3 movies total to cover the entire story.

Right now, 1 and 2 are out.
If you don't speak Japanese, than only 1 is watchable for now.

Hence, if you only watched 1, I'm not surprised that you find aegis to have a very short amount of time given that she is introduced in the second movie.
glassjawsh

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 05:01:57 PM »

my japanese is as terrible as my english grammar, but you can definitely watch movies in a language you understand less than 5% of and still get something out of it as long as you already know what's going to happen.

You're wrong, Frank. I'm not a kid, I'm a man. I am gonna get you better, and then I'm going to beat you to death!
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 05:04:11 PM »

So you watched 2 ? Midsummer Knight's Dream ?
glassjawsh

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 05:23:56 PM »

I'm abstaining from answering that question on account of not being 100% up to speed of the rules of this board

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 06:06:35 PM »

I'm abstaining from answering that question on account of not being 100% up to speed of the rules of this board

Let's just assume you were fortunate to have watched the film in theatres --- but really, for the sake of film discussion, are those details important? :)

Looking forward to seeing the films myself!

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 06:19:53 PM »

Let's just assume you were fortunate to have watched the film in theatres --- but really, for the sake of film discussion, are those details important? :)

I saw the OVAs of Hellsing and The Prince of Tennis on a theatre years ago, and it was certainly the best experience instead being stuck in a room alone with some shitty headphones.

In that moment I noticed how much your opinion can change depending in the format you consume your entertainment.
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 07:22:05 PM »

I saw the first 2 Eva movies in theatre.
There's one little niche theatre in the whole of Montreal that sometimes does anime nights.
I'm not sure exactly where they got the movies though as it was dubbed.
Sometimes I wonder if they just get the rip from the net or something.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 01:47:44 AM »

I saw the OVAs of Hellsing and The Prince of Tennis on a theatre years ago, and it was certainly the best experience instead being stuck in a room alone with some shitty headphones.

Get some good headphones.  It makes all the difference ;)

BTW, I hate to be inflammatory (OK, that's a lie), but am I the only one who kind of hated Aegis?  I don't feel like her character had any depth in the first place.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 08:29:36 AM »

There's one little niche theatre in the whole of Montreal that sometimes does anime nights.

They probably downloaded the movies. But, for "first 2 EVA movies" you mean the old ones or the Rebuild movies?

I ask because as a fan I always think how psychedelic was for EVA fans sitting in the theatre back in '97 to see The End of Evangelion. That movie was quite an experience back in the day.

Get some good headphones.  It makes all the difference ;)

That was years ago, nowadays I've had hardly had much an interest in watching anime most of the time. And last year I planned getting some expensive headphones, but I ended up using the money in buying StarCraft II and the expansion instead, the rest went to food and clothes.

What can I say? It was a nice day of shopping.

Some day I'll have to get around to buy good headphones. The ones that are using lately have been decent.

BTW, I hate to be inflammatory (OK, that's a lie), but am I the only one who kind of hated Aegis?  I don't feel like her character had any depth in the first place.

IMO, she has as much depth as most of the characters in the Persona series has. Which can be more than than others JRPGs series have with their characters.
glassjawsh

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 09:28:24 AM »

Strange, since a large part of her story arc is how her character grows (ie "gains depth of character") in the game.  Though I think if you don't specifically pursue a relationship you might have missed a lot of what ultimately happens with her.

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 12:09:47 PM »

They probably downloaded the movies. But, for "first 2 EVA movies" you mean the old ones or the Rebuild movies?

I ask because as a fan I always think how psychedelic was for EVA fans sitting in the theatre back in '97 to see The End of Evangelion. That movie was quite an experience back in the day.

The 2 recent ones (rebuild).
No way would I have went to the theatre for Death & Rebirth.
End of Evangelion though I probably would if it ever played over here.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: