Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 12:35:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341126 Posts in 13942 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Penny Arcade Alliance Downs Dark Iron
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Penny Arcade Alliance Downs Dark Iron  (Read 1277 times)
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« on: November 30, 2006, 12:47:22 AM »

Last night, starting at around 7:30 PM, the Penny Arcade Alliance on the World of Warcraft PvP server of Dark Iron attacked the Horde bastions of Thunder Bluff, Orgrimmar, and the Undercity, as well as Horde heroes such as Rexxar.  In planning in secret by officers for almost four weeks, over five hundred people mounted an assault that annihilated the Horde - and the Dark Iron server.  In our killing of Cairne Bloodhoof, Warchief Thrall, and the demon Varimathras, we managed to crash the Dark Iron server more than once.  This is, as far as we know, the most organized world Player vs Player attack in all of the World of Warcraft.

We are incredibly proud of our achievements, and right now related threads can be seen on the World of Warcraft Dark Iron Forums as well as threads in the World of Warcraft General Forums.

I hope you guys enjoy taking a look at our little victory!

:-)

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 01:48:54 AM »

Grats.  I'd say that was an exceptionally rare feat, but unfortunately mass PVP in this game is like a guaranteed server crash.  That is a lot of people attacking simultaneously though.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 02:41:56 PM »

Dude.....I totally wish I had known about this.

Congrats guys....especially the Arcadia doods, cause we all know KoA is the best.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 03:01:31 PM »

Quote from: "Ryos"
Grats.  I'd say that was an exceptionally rare feat, but unfortunately mass PVP in this game is like a guaranteed server crash.  That is a lot of people attacking simultaneously though.

Well, to be fair, no more than three raids were in any one place at once, and it was only Eastern Kingdoms that went down - Kalimdor just had a 60000+ ping.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 05:18:08 PM »

Bah, I had understood that this was just supposed to be some get together in Darnassus, not some global raid.  Not like I could have made it anyway, though. :P

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: