Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 07:00:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332945 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  KID never even had a chance to pass puberty yet...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: KID never even had a chance to pass puberty yet...  (Read 2028 times)
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

Smile... they'll think you're up to something.

View Profile WWW
« on: December 01, 2006, 04:34:22 PM »

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2006/1578.html

This makes me sad, because, well, I'm nuts about KID's love adventures.  Especially the Infinity series (that series has surpassed Megami Tensei as my favorite game series.)  Methinks I should import Remember 11 before it's too late, so I can have the complete series as a collector.  

Well, looks like Princess Soft will be the reigning love adventure monarch now.  Not that that's a bad thing.  Hourglass of Summer was AWESOME!

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 07:14:29 PM »

I agree Neal. Kid was a fine company. That leaves Princess Soft as well as a couple of smaller outfits, such as Alchemist, GN Software and Yeti. May be another company picks up some of the 40 or so Kid staffers, the rights to the Infinity and Memories Off IPs and continues making those great adventure games.
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 08:21:10 PM »

Yeah, I know I'm resurrecting an old topic, but I was reading part of Hirameki's blog about this.  For now, they haven't gotten any word from KID as to their contract or anything, so they're still selling Ai Yori Aoshi and Ever17 while they still can.  But it looks like fan's dreams of seeing Hirameki localize the rest of the Infinity series have been put to rest.  

I'm looking to see what will happen with KID.  Will they and their intellectual properties be picked up by a larger development house, or will the KID staff splinter off into smaller groups (kinda like how some of Team Andromeda's members splintered off to form SmileBit.)

According to Hirameki's blog, KID had Memories #5 Encore," and "12RIVEN the Ψcliminal of integral," both under development when the bankruptcy was announced.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 06:58:34 PM »

We reported on those two games as well, but they have been cancelled, Neal. The last game Kid managed to release one week before filing for bankruptcy was the PlayStation 2 version of F&C's White Breath.

The official announcement on their website says that no games will be published under the Kid brand anymore. To my knowledge (almost) all staffers have already lost their jobs in late November, early December.

I personally would be surprised, if Kid's competitors were able to purchase any of the company's assets, should they come up for sale. Princess Soft, Alchemist, Yeti, GN Soft, and Datam Polystar are all smaller than Kid was, and they already are or will probably be negatively affected by the current situation as well. And that won't change any time soon. Thanks to the backing of its parent company Index, Interchannel Halon (formerly NEC Interchannel) might be the only love adventure publisher capable of picking up the pieces. The major third party publishers on the other hand probably couldn't care less.
Silverwolf X

私にする? 私にする? それとも、 わ.た.し?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 01:40:34 PM »

Well, most of Princess Soft's games are ports of PC versions, most of which are originally Hentai game. They're a good company, but the loss of Kid will be felt, especially amongst the fans.

I love the Infinity series the most. Ever 17 was by far my fave of the series, the way it concludes is just... wow.
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 02:59:57 PM »

Totally.  I never would have predicted Ever17 would have come together at the end the way it did.  Amazing game that was.  Tsugumi has to be one of the most memorable and tragic characters I've ever met in a video game.

Never7 was great too.  I dug Haruka.  I haven't played Remember11, but I did review the soundtrack and boy it's a great soundtrack.

I don't know what's going to happen with the Hirameki-localized KID games and whether or not they can still be sold, but any visual novel fan simply has to pick up Ever17.  My review does not do the game justice.  http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/ever17/index.html

Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 03:04:15 PM »

I never said, that Princess Soft and the other companies were making original games. Princess Soft at least occasionally makes original games and Kid has also released tons of said ports.
Silverwolf X

私にする? 私にする? それとも、 わ.た.し?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 11:03:21 PM »

Well, it something that really can't be helped though, alot of Hgames actually have very good stories.

Anyway, Kid's original games all stood out, so its quite a loss for them to flatline like that.
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 06:41:21 PM »

Yay!  KID's back!  12Riven!!!!!!

I wonder if Hirameki can or even will work out a contract with Cyberfront to redistribute Ever17 and Ai Yori Aoshi in the US and/or possibly localize more KID games.

Silverwolf X

私にする? 私にする? それとも、 わ.た.し?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 09:14:49 AM »

If you ask me, best news this year. Ever.
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 10:53:34 AM »

I'll drink to that Silverwolf.  I'll drink to that.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: