Author Topic: Legend of Grimrock II

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
Legend of Grimrock II
« on: October 14, 2014, 01:18:34 PM »
Guess I'll make it now that the review is out.

Legend of Grimrock II is the sequel to 2012's Legend of Grimrock. Huge shocker, I know.

I'm gonna quote the Steam page for the story rundown since I haven't had lunch yet:

A group of four prisoners have shipwrecked on the secluded Isle of Nex. The island is filled with ancient crumbled ruins, mysterious shrines and a vast underground network of dungeons and mines. If the prisoners wish to make it out alive, they have to overcome the challenges devised by the ominous mastermind of the island.

Basically it's a First Person Dungeon Crawler, but this time set on a big island full of Puzzles and monsters and whatnot, so there's a heavier focus on open-ended exploration instead of just going through one big dungeon (though I guess the island is kinda like one big dungeon in a way). There's grid-based movement and real-time combat (though I think there's still ATB style recharge guages for your attack actions). Check the link or the RPGFan Review for more details, I'm hungry...

Anyways, are you guys looking forward to playing when it comes out on Oct. 15? I'm still only a third of the way through the first LoG, but I'm definitely excited for the sequel. I was gonna try to finish the first in November, but I'm wondering if I should push that schedule up now...

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of Grimrock II
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 01:26:03 PM »
Intel HD Graphics 5200

Guess I won't be.
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

mrchoppy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 02:26:13 PM »
Ive put a few hours into this and yep its great.   A good mix of combat, puzzles and plenty of secrets to find.    Also its quite challenging even on Normal mode..

Draak

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 12:28:25 PM »
Out already?! Need to play the first one...