GrimReality

• Dark Lord of Nostalgia
  • OK, options aren't SO bad
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Super-Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2014, 09:21:25 AM »
Thor 2 was pretty weak, IMHO.
Cap 2 was fantastic.
Iron Man 2 and 3 were both just ok. Still amusing due to RDjr. being awesome in the role.
The Hobbit movies have been extremely mediocre so far. Decent entertainment, but not memorable at all. The last 30 minutes of 2 saved that movie.

I kind of don't like knowing so far ahead of time what all is coming out. I prefer knowing the year before, so the wait isn't so long. Although, several of these I have zero thoughts on due to knowing nothing of the material.
Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: The Backyard Parables

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2014, 02:35:11 PM »
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Captain Marvel
The Inhumans

Interested in this three the most.

The Hobbit movies have been extremely mediocre so far. Decent entertainment, but not memorable at all. The last 30 minutes of 2 saved that movie.

I'm with Yoda on this one. The Hobbit has been great fun, and anyone that went expecting LotR out of the Hobbits movies were out of their minds.

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2014, 04:13:01 PM »
EDIT: I AGREE WITH GRIM!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 06:28:43 PM by Dice »
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2014, 05:13:24 PM »
You practically repeated what Grim said. That's alright I guess.

Anyway. If someone knows; What does the 'Ragnarok' subtitle means for the next Thor movie?

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2014, 07:13:37 PM »

Anyway. If someone knows; What does the 'Ragnarok' subtitle means for the next Thor movie?

From what I've heard, it sounds like it's going to be exactly as it sounds: That they're going with an end of the world but not really plot.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2014, 08:09:32 PM »

From what I've heard, it sounds like it's going to be exactly as it sounds: That they're going with an end of the world but not really plot.

Or they're visiting the Asgard just got blown up, time to move the entire Nordic pantheon into Kansas for a while arc.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Prime Mover

• All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio
    • View Profile
    • www.ericbarker.com
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2014, 05:15:53 PM »
Iron Man 2 was lousy, but I thought Iron Man 3 was amazing, maybe not quite as good as the first, but up there. Cap2 was pretty good (especially in conjunction with Agents of Shield), Thor2... I've never really cared for Thor as a character, Loki makes the series though.

Honestly, I think Agents of Shield wipes the floor with pretty much all the movies, except Iron Man 1 and The Avengers. Though I have a horrible concession, I haven't seen GotG yet! It was big right while I was in the middle of moving, and I HATE going to a move late in the run when noone's in the theater, so I'll wait till it comes out on video.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile

Taelus

• Some music guy
  • Editor Emeritus
  • You're gonna have a bad Turnabout.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2015, 01:15:16 AM »
YWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2015, 04:23:40 AM »
Finally!

Now we can see him and his many cross series antics like borrowing a costume and a paper bag from the Fantastic Fou-...oh.

Or maybe we can finally have that Secret Wars movi-....uhn.

Maybe they can do Civil Wa-crap!

Dammit Spiderman! Why does all your good cross overs have to involve the Fantastic Four? At least he can be in Avengers 3 right?

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2015, 06:22:54 AM »
It's official!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/spider-man-swings-marvel-studios-772127?utm_source=twitter
Awww I like Andrew Garfield as Spiderman. :(

Finally!

Now we can see him and his many cross series antics like borrowing a costume and a paper bag from the Fantastic Fou-...oh.

Dammit Spiderman! Why does all your good cross overs have to involve the Fantastic Four? At least he can be in Avengers 3 right?
We're getting Civil War in the next Captain America movie. And while I'm sure they could put him in Avengers 3, it would be weird since I believe he has only been an Avenger once for like a year and I believe they are going to be facing Thanos in it.....and he seems extremely under powered to be introduced in that.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2015, 12:35:49 PM »
It's official!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/spider-man-swings-marvel-studios-772127?utm_source=twitter
Awww I like Andrew Garfield as Spiderman. :(

Finally!

We're getting Civil War in the next Captain America movie. And while I'm sure they could put him in Avengers 3, it would be weird since I believe he has only been an Avenger once for like a year and I believe they are going to be facing Thanos in it.....and he seems extremely under powered to be introduced in that.

If they could get away with having Black Widow along for Avengers 1, why not Spiderman?

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2015, 04:30:26 PM »
Yeah, I mean not for nothing, isn't he about on par with Captain America strength-wise? They put Hawkeye and Black Widow in and they're both more or less useless after a short while. At least spider man can pick up a fiat....probably.

TASTY!

EmeraldSword

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2015, 06:05:40 PM »
I'm happy that Sony/Marvel could strike a deal. I'm a little ignorant in comic knowledge of the Civil War and Infinity Wars plot lines, but from what I've seen in the trailer of upcoming Avengers 2: Age of Ultron film I can see where the MCU is going with the Spider-Man addition to be added in future film crossovers. Kudos to them. I wonder which actor will fill the giant shoes of Spiderman. Poor guy's going to have a lot of scrutiny/pressure to face from fans of the comic and movie adaptions.

As far as the MCU... I think at some point you have to worry about contracts, age and keeping faces fresh in Avengers and the heroes side movies over the next decade. Black Panther, Dr. Strange, The Inhumans and Captain Marvel have that "fresh factor" and could be a big risk or pleasant surprise since they're spending resources on those movies. I'm always surprised how they find a way to interweave these movies together into the MCU with their phases, so I don't have too much doubt.

What I do worry about and I don't know how the rest of you guys feel, but I'm a little concerned with superhero saturation in entertainment. I found it interesting last year that Marvel struck a deal with Netflix and greenlighted four Marvel series for production see http://screenrant.com/marvel-netflix-deal-tv-shows-daredevil-luke-cage-iron-fist-jessica-jones/. Daredevil being the first of those to be released on April 10th this year.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2015, 06:40:18 AM »
Yeah, I mean not for nothing, isn't he about on par with Captain America strength-wise? They put Hawkeye and Black Widow in and they're both more or less useless after a short while. At least spider man can pick up a fiat....probably.
Hawkeye is an Avenger and that is quite honestly the only thing he is really associated with in comics as far as I can recall. Likewise Black Widow was heavily tied to Avengers to a period in 60s/70s. Looking at the news reports though it seems that with Spiderman he will be making an appearance in Captain America before getting a solo film in 2017.