Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda Topic (BotW DLC 1 June 30th, DLC 2 later on)

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda Topic (Latest:3/3)
« Reply #315 on: February 14, 2017, 02:21:52 PM »
^ I'll let you decide.  Get your headphones ready: https://audioatrocities.com/games/hotd2/index.html

I don't even need to look that up, I still remember the first time I played that in an arcade...those are quite memorable....ly bad. XD

Thank you.  Rook's response was so unbelievably wrong I literally could not even think of a single appropriate reaction.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 14, 2017, 08:20:36 PM »
I also be darned if this isn't the best remix of Zelda tracks I've heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r6Km0bxw7w
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 17, 2017, 04:58:38 PM »
Apparently beatable in 15 minutes! Although more likely everyone will have to power up pretty hard first so I'm pretty skeptical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n7vqDy6mqE
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

MattSpilly

• View Profile
    • Twitch.
« Reply #318 on: March 03, 2017, 04:52:48 PM »
Master Sword from Collectors Edition :D.

https://twitter.com/MattSpilly/status/837763928386064384/photo/1

Been at work so only 10 minutes in.  Already seen frame issues with it being docked.  Still been interesting and different 10 minutes in!

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 23, 2017, 04:35:39 PM »
After somewhere between 10 and 20 hours with the game, I can definitively say that the greatest accomplishment this game has going for it is its ability to make me love it JUST as I've had about enough of its shit.

And it has a lot of shit. The game could be a case study in "just because you can doesn't mean you should"

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 21, 2017, 02:45:37 AM »
I'm going to based on my play experience put this ahead of Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess but behind Ocarina of Time's good parts and Zelda 1.

And way ahead of Wind Waker.

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #321 on: June 24, 2017, 12:21:26 PM »
After somewhere between 10 and 20 hours with the game, I can definitively say that the greatest accomplishment this game has going for it is its ability to make me love it JUST as I've had about enough of its shit.

And it has a lot of shit. The game could be a case study in "just because you can doesn't mean you should"

I've never loved a more infuriating game more, really. :O
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 24, 2017, 01:39:08 PM »

I've never loved a more infuriating game more, really. :O

Case in point: That feeling you get when you successfully pull of Flurry Attack after Flurry Attack against a Silver Lynel. Versus, that feeling you get when you perform a perfectly timed Flurry Attack only to get killed by the shockwave of a Silver Lynel's Savage Greatclub (or forced into using your Fairies/Life Spell charge). Versus that feeling you get when its been five minutes and that fucking Silver Lynel still isn't dead yet.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda Topic (BotW DLC 1 June 30th, DLC 2 later on)
« Reply #323 on: June 25, 2017, 10:12:27 PM »
So I finally started BotW over the weekend as I was able to get full Fierce Deity gear finally. After two days of playing I have cleared 24 shrines, found 147 Koroks, found 2 memories, got the giant horse, and purified 1 dragon. Game is enjoyable so far. Not sure I would give it a 10/10 though. Probably a 9 for me right now.

Then again I am also doing stupid stuff like purifying an ice dragon while I am constantly taking environmental damage (because I only had cold resist 1) while I only had 4 hearts. So who knows, maybe I am missing the brilliance of the game somewhere else as well. Although whoever decided that rain should make you slip while climbing is my mortal nemesis (seriously I might as well just make a sandwich whenever it starts to rain).

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 25, 2017, 10:16:34 PM »
Seriously, the rain is the dumbest thing in the game. It adds nothing to the experience but frustration. There's no added challenge in straight-up taking away the player's ability to do what they want to do.

Nel_Annette

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 25, 2017, 11:57:00 PM »
They should have made the climber gear upgrade-able  so that in addition to climbing faster, rain wouldn't affect Link.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 26, 2017, 06:22:02 AM »
So I finally started BotW over the weekend as I was able to get full Fierce Deity gear finally. After two days of playing I have cleared 24 shrines, found 147 Koroks, found 2 memories, got the giant horse, and purified 1 dragon. Game is enjoyable so far. Not sure I would give it a 10/10 though. Probably a 9 for me right now.

Then again I am also doing stupid stuff like purifying an ice dragon while I am constantly taking environmental damage (because I only had cold resist 1) while I only had 4 hearts. So who knows, maybe I am missing the brilliance of the game somewhere else as well. Although whoever decided that rain should make you slip while climbing is my mortal nemesis (seriously I might as well just make a sandwich whenever it starts to rain).

You should've equipped one of the Flame Weapons (sadly Fire Arrows don't count). Also, you should try shooting Nydra in the Horn with your Bow and Arrow while in the air.

They should have made the climber gear upgrade-able  so that in addition to climbing faster, rain wouldn't affect Link.

They can be upgraded. And while it doesn't allow rain traction, upgrading the Climbing Set does cut Stamina usage when you jump which you do a lot of when its raining (I've gotten up to Ruta's resting place before clearing Ruta without needing to chow down through that upgrade (and by having 200+% Stamina Capacity by that point)). But yeah, its often better just to find something else to do when it rains (preferably within the game).

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 26, 2017, 06:36:59 AM »

You should've equipped one of the Flame Weapons (sadly Fire Arrows don't count). Also, you should try shooting Nydra in the Horn with your Bow and Arrow while in the air.
I don't think I had any flame weapons at the time. So that wasn't really an option. Oh well, I'm done with the stupid mountain now.

And do you mean now that I've purified him, or do you mean I should have done that during the fight? Because I used a time slow down shot to hit his third cancer eye during the fight. Not sure what hitting his horn would of done.

They can be upgraded. And while it doesn't allow rain traction, upgrading the Climbing Set does cut Stamina usage when you jump which you do a lot of when its raining (I've gotten up to Ruta's resting place before clearing Ruta without needing to chow down through that upgrade (and by having 200+% Stamina Capacity by that point)). But yeah, its often better just to find something else to do when it rains (preferably within the game).
Yeah find something else to do in game. "Well I can't climb this mountain due to the rain. I better climb down without accomplishing my goal and go climb up that other mountain instead...wait no it is raining there too. I could warp to town to sleep and waste 20 rupees, but then I lose all my progress up this mountain. I'll just stand here staring at the sky instead."

Jimmy

• Wakens the Ferine Strain
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 26, 2017, 03:40:49 PM »
And do you mean now that I've purified him, or do you mean I should have done that during the fight? Because I used a time slow down shot to hit his third cancer eye during the fight. Not sure what hitting his horn would of done.

Shooting a dragon in the horn(s), claws, or body will break off a piece of whatever part you shoot. You can then collect it and use it in recipes, sell it, or, most crucially, use it for armor upgrades.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 26, 2017, 04:15:42 PM »

Shooting a dragon in the horn(s), claws, or body will break off a piece of whatever part you shoot. You can then collect it and use it in recipes, sell it, or, most crucially, use it for armor upgrades.

The most crucial use of a Dragon part is to access the Shrine at their respective Spring. After that, it's all about Armor Upgrades.