Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda Topic (BotW DLC 1 June 30th, DLC 2 later on)

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda Topic (Wii U Gameplay)
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2014, 02:52:33 PM »
It reminds me a lot of Twilight Princess (probably because of all the twilight), so I'm happy. Mostly I'm just happy to see Zelda with a massive world (finally) and normal controls (again). Now if it can have a lot of fun things to do, a spot of non-linearity, and do all that without forcing me to grind RPG-style except for the occasional Rupee hunt that I'd do anyways, this might just be the console Zelda I've been waiting for.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2014, 09:05:07 AM »
I've recently thought of another thing to add to my Zelda 2015 Wish List:

I want Zelda to do something princess-y. I mean, we've seen her get captured, play a harp, and fight, but this time I'd like her to do something different, like... I dunno... rule a kingdom?

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2014, 10:15:26 AM »
Princesses don't rule. Maybe they get prepared and have some authority in a "My daddy will be so mad if you don't do what I say" sort of way, but they aren't directly involved in politics outside of "who is she going to marry?" sort of things until they gets married off...last I checked, anyways. They didn't exactly cover Hyrulian politics in History class. e_e

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2014, 10:22:05 AM »
Isn't there a "game" where you "play" as the princess and basically just wait around and cry in a dungeon until the hero comes and rescues you?  I'm pretty sure that was a real thing and not something I made up just now.

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Alisha

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2014, 11:02:37 AM »
maybe i'm being cynical but the world map doesnt look any bigger to me than OoT so i dont get what the fuss is all about. maybe it's because i didnt play skyward sword due to it's motion controls?

admitedly older world maps were kinda scrunched into a corner

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2014, 01:39:45 PM »
Did you see the footage? The world is huge and they only showed a small portion of it...

I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Jimmy

• Wakens the Ferine Strain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2014, 04:09:37 PM »
Yeah, it's amazingly large. That and maps in older Zelda games aren't necessarily to scale though they did a good job with them all things considered.

Wind Waker also had a really large game world, even if it was mostly water.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2014, 06:52:14 PM »
The only Zelda map that really comes close to the scale of the one shown during the TLAs was this one.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/nes/563487-zelda-ii-the-adventure-of-link/faqs/17100

Linked for size.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2015, 07:14:23 PM »
http://gematsu.com/2015/01/legend-zelda-majoras-mask-3d-limited-edition-announced

Double postin' for special editionness that nobody's posted about yet.

My two problems with this is that I don't particularly care about the Skull Kid that much (Majora's Mask or no), and that $50 is a little steep for a game that I both own and have played through inside and out.

Also, I'm still a little bummed out on the Amiibo bullshit and I don't feel like grabbing even more Nintendo crap.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2015, 07:11:22 AM »
http://gematsu.com/2015/01/legend-zelda-majoras-mask-3d-limited-edition-announced

My two problems with this is that I don't particularly care about the Skull Kid that much (Majora's Mask or no), and that $50 is a little steep for a game that I both own and have played through inside and out.

Also, I'm still a little bummed out on the Amiibo bullshit and I don't feel like grabbing even more Nintendo crap.

My problem with it is that it doesn't look that good. Amiibos at least look decent for the most part.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2015, 10:09:20 AM »

My problem with it is that it doesn't look that good. Amiibos at least look decent for the most part.

I blame that on the packaging obscuring most of the figure. It'd be really nice if it were an Amiibo though (and would be completely sold out everywhere by hoarders/scalpers).

Too Little, Too Late Edit: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/07/a-closer-look-at-the-majoras-mask-3d-skull-kid-figurine/

Here's a better look at something that's gone, gone with the wind.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 03:24:50 PM by Aeolus »

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2015, 05:08:03 AM »
I blame that on the packaging obscuring most of the figure. It'd be really nice if it were an Amiibo though (and would be completely sold out everywhere by hoarders/scalpers).

Too Little, Too Late Edit: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/07/a-closer-look-at-the-majoras-mask-3d-skull-kid-figurine/

Nah, I saw it out of packaging in the RPGFan article on it. It looks like it is made of cheap plastic to me.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2015, 11:57:34 AM »
Yeah, in that light at least it looks a notch fancier than a McDonalds toy. Not...not that I've seen those recently. <_< Baka

I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Damacon

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2015, 11:49:12 AM »
 I just wish Zelda games actually fought back as it feels I put little to no effort into anything other then random annoying mini games for a extra heart container or something else that is just as useless. Here is looking at you Brandish hoping you can show me the true meaning of adventure!

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2015, 12:14:38 PM »

Nah, I saw it out of packaging in the RPGFan article on it. It looks like it is made of cheap plastic to me.

Oh, I'm not arguing for the case of wanting it myself (dat washed out orange man), I just hate this recent trend to making everything into a collectible because I've seen the kinds of awful people who go apeshit for this kind of crap/try to abuse it for their own personal gain and they quite frankly disgust me.

Like, it took me a few years to finally get my hands on a PSP because somebody kept going around town and buying up every cheap/stray one they could lay their greedy hands on. I shouldn't need to jump through so many goddamn hoops for a 6~7 year old (at the time) handheld failure (one that wasn't even rare or uncommon either). But collectibles just feed into this unhealthy frenzy, and for popular stuff like Nintendo, it just makes everything feel so goddamn toxic.