Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 07:55:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329391 Posts in 13492 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Anyone picking up Castlevania: Portrait Of Ruin tommorrow?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Anyone picking up Castlevania: Portrait Of Ruin tommorrow?  (Read 4644 times)
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 04, 2006, 10:52:12 PM »

Or I should say "today", since most people will read this on Tuesday. I'm definitely goiong to get it. It looks good, and from the screenshots it looks like they use the same control style for the whip that they used on Castlevania IV for the SNES. In my opinion, no other Castlevania had a whip that was that maneuverable and versatile, so hopefully the game plays like it looks in screenshots.

2D Castlevania games are SO much better than the 3D ones!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 11:00:56 PM »

... Why does no one get the whole /ship/ date thing? We've gone over this far too many times, and no, no one will get this tomorrow because it /ships/ tomorrow. Only the biggest games will actually be in stores that date, and usually it's a street date and they've had the game around a week earlier, like the case was for FFXII and the Wii. This, ironically, means that for everyone that does read on Tuesday... Yes, it /is/ tomorrow. :P

I asked for this for Christmas, so I won't be getting it Wednesday anyway.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 11:08:21 PM »

Same here, maybe for Xmas. It looks good though.
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 02:00:12 AM »

Yep, I'm getting it tomorrow, and hopefully I get that preorder collection, since I preordered it. I <3 DS games.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 08:32:18 AM »

Christmas for me.  But I have heard the music already, and it's phenomenal.  There's a couple of songs from Dracula X and Bloodlines on there too, which is always nice.  And Yuzo Koshiro wrote a few of the songs for the game.  I didn't even know he was still around. \m/

Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 09:00:55 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
... Why does no one get the whole /ship/ date thing? We've gone over this far too many times, and no, no one will get this tomorrow because it /ships/ tomorrow. Only the biggest games will actually be in stores that date, and usually it's a street date and they've had the game around a week earlier, like the case was for FFXII and the Wii. This, ironically, means that for everyone that does read on Tuesday... Yes, it /is/ tomorrow. :P

I just called my local Wal-Mart, and they said it's in stock.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 04:44:02 PM »

Quote from: "Britton"

WTF
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 03:36:47 PM »

WTF

Well, I wnet to pick iy up last night, and it wasn't there. Whoever I talked to earlier in the day must have seen the old Castlevania when I asked them if they had the new one in. They're a bunch of idiots there. I don't know how many times I've called up there and asked if they had a game in and they said "no", then when I go up there the same day, it's in. Or vice-versa... I've also called and they said they've had a game, when they didn't. Like yesterday. It's amazing how little they know about games. You'd think the people working in the electronic department wouild know these things, don't you?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 05:33:11 PM »

My mom once told me they'll say something's in stock just to try and get you to head there. And after reading that, I lurked on a forum to see if anyone was getting it, and while some reported BestBuys were putting it out yesterday, the large number of responses (GameStop/EBs) were for today - later actually for Canada. :P
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 05:54:28 PM »

I bought it, with the collection edition. I like the extras -- you get a thick art booklet spanning the art from all Castelvania games, the pull-out timeline sheet, which is informative, the anthology music disc, and the stylus, which suffice to say, is not so pretty looking. It's just a plain white stylus, with the Castlevania logo on it.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 06:06:58 PM »

Question about the stylus: Is it for the DS phat, or DS lite? I have a phat, but I'd actually kinda prefer lite so I'd have a more beefy stylus of my own, plus I can jsut get a DS lite sometime later.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2006, 06:08:23 PM »

WTF

Well, I wnet to pick iy up last night, and it wasn't there. Whoever I talked to earlier in the day must have seen the old Castlevania when I asked them if they had the new one in. They're a bunch of idiots there. I don't know how many times I've called up there and asked if they had a game in and they said "no", then when I go up there the same day, it's in. Or vice-versa... I've also called and they said they've had a game, when they didn't. Like yesterday. It's amazing how little they know about games. You'd think the people working in the electronic department wouild know these things, don't you?

Why go to a wal-mart for games?  As Eusis said, "My mom once told me they'll say something's in stock just to try and get you to head there," I don't doubt it.

edit: reading comprehension ftl

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2006, 06:12:51 PM »

Quote from: "Akanbe-"

WTF

Wal-Mart's run the two other places that sold games here out of busniess since they became Super Wal-Mart. Now it's I either get the games from Wal Mart, drive 30 miles to a bigger city to get them or order online.

Why go to a wal-mart for games?  As Eusis said, "My mom once told me they'll say something's in stock just to try and get you to head there," I don't doubt it.
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2006, 06:42:04 PM »

Question about the stylus: Is it for the DS phat, or DS lite? I have a phat, but I'd actually kinda prefer lite so I'd have a more beefy stylus of my own, plus I can jsut get a DS lite sometime later.

Comparing the Castlevania themed stylus and the original DS model's stylus, the Castlevania stylus is much longer and slightly thicker. I just realized that this themed stylus, at its core, is essentially the same as the original model's stylus, only white, but it's held in a outer shell. The core piece doesn't seem to want to pop out of its shell, unless I really force it out, but I won't try. So anyway, yeah, I'd say this is better.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2006, 07:02:03 PM »

Sounds like an extendable DS lite stylus. Alright, thanks.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: