Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 07:11:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338076 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Anyone picking up Castlevania: Portrait Of Ruin tommorrow?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Anyone picking up Castlevania: Portrait Of Ruin tommorrow?  (Read 4751 times)
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2006, 08:02:40 PM »

I got this tonight, and it's great so far. I need to pick the last one up...
JetEnduro

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2006, 06:40:19 AM »

I just picked it up last night, and so far it's pretty cool. This is my first ever Castlevania game. Well I had one of the GBA games but I lost it after about of week after getting it and never really bothered to look for it.

Anyway so far it's pretty sweet, I like it. So is the other DS Castlevania any good? I saw it at Gamecrazy for 25$ and if it's like this one I'll probably pick it up.
Lilim

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2006, 02:29:33 PM »

Quote from: "JetEnduro"
I just picked it up last night, and so far it's pretty cool. This is my first ever Castlevania game. Well I had one of the GBA games but I lost it after about of week after getting it and never really bothered to look for it.

Anyway so far it's pretty sweet, I like it. So is the other DS Castlevania any good? I saw it at Gamecrazy for 25$ and if it's like this one I'll probably pick it up.

If you like PoR, then you'll like Dawn of Sorrow. Of course, my view is pretty bias since I'm a 2D Castlevania fan. One minor thing I'd point out is that Dawn of Sorrow follows directly after the GBA game Aria of Sorrow and both star Soma Cruz. You don't need to play Aria of Sorrow to understand Dawn of Sorrow at all, but they are connected. You even get a nice bonus if the AoS GBA cartridge is in the DS when you start DoS.

For a shorter version, yes. :)
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2006, 11:48:27 AM »

Argh, i really want to play this game but i don't know if i can be bothered importing. Having played DoS, i can't wait for some more handheld Castlevania greatness - the other Castlevania game i've played was '64, which is...okay.

I don't really get why it's suddenly not set in 2030s Japan anymore, though. I thought they'd continue with the storyline from the last two games.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: