Author Topic: Suikoden 1 and 2 finally coming to psn + Suikoden discussion.

kkhohoho

• View Profile
Re: Suikoden 1 and 2 finally coming to psn + Suikoden discussion.
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2014, 08:32:35 PM »
I think I have to make an apology. Just a few hours ago, I was thinking back on my whole stance on Suikoden I, and realized that, while Suikoden II was likely the better game, it had been so long since I played any of the Suikoden games that I can't really remember them that well. I remember the general quality of the games, the general gameplay mechanics, the gist of what happened, but I can't remember many of the fine details, or what I emotionally felt about any of the games. And so, I decided that I needed to play the Suikoden Games all over again. And yes, that includes Suikoden I. It kind of makes my entire argument the other day a mute point in retrospect. :P But yeah, sorry about that. I can't really advise people not to play a certain game when I'm going to play it myself.

Cyril

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2014, 10:32:10 PM »
No problem, man.  You didn't come across as an ass about it or anything.

I decided that I 'm finally going do a replay of them all, too, and bought Suikoden I off of PSN.  No better time than the present and whatnot.

Taelus

• Some music guy
  • Editor Emeritus
  • You're gonna have a bad Turnabout.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2014, 10:37:15 PM »
The completionist in me hates that I have to rush through Suikoden 2 in order to get Clive. Because I want to take my time, but I also want to get everything. CRAAAAP
Friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.

Cyril

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2014, 11:00:41 PM »
I did one run through the 20 hour, 108 Star completion a while back and I never will again.  I can say I did it once, but I'd rather have 100% completion in everything else than rush through the game so quickly.

kkhohoho

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2014, 11:35:50 PM »
I did one run through the 20 hour, 108 Star completion a while back and I never will again.  I can say I did it once, but I'd rather have 100% completion in everything else than rush through the game so quickly.

I can't even imagine getting through II that quick. I think it took me over 40 hours to beat it back when I first played it, though 5-10 hours of that was spent getting the 108 Stars. Never let it be said that Suikoden doesn't have a decent amount of side-content. :P

DrGonzo

• View Profile
    • Experimental Gonzo Art
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2014, 12:24:43 AM »
I almost cried when I saw this. Konami actually doing something consumer friendly for once. ;___;

Cyril

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2014, 01:50:39 AM »
I don't think it's Konami.  I think Sony published it.

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2014, 02:07:11 AM »
I don't think it's Konami.  I think Sony published it.

Sony technically publishes every PS1 Classic, but the original publisher or someone acting in their stead has to handle getting it out there, at least rights management and whatnot.

It's actually sort of odd, SCEA is listed as publisher but that isn't the case in Japan and may not be in Europe. No idea if that complicates things or simplifies them.

Cyril

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2014, 02:41:05 AM »
That's actually why I mentioned it.  I thought Sony being listed as a publisher was a bit strange.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2014, 11:40:34 AM »
This thread put me in the mood, so I've been replaying Suikoden V a bit.

I really enjoy some of the details they did, like Lyon preventing you from naming the fortress as "Sindar" or "Mohawk Head" Castle as suggested by Sialeeds/Boz, or Genoh being drawn out because he sensed someone old, only to be confused if he sees Jeanne/Zerase. Really makes it bittersweet to replay this game thinking how it's unlikely we'll get another game in the series, and if we did it probably would be another one of those stupid infinity world things.

By the way, there was an interview with Yoshitaka Murayama earlier this year. Pretty cool read since it's been a while since anybody heard from him, although it probably doesn't say much you wouldn't have figured out on your own.

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2014, 01:52:33 PM »
The completionist in me hates that I have to rush through Suikoden 2 in order to get Clive. Because I want to take my time, but I also want to get everything. CRAAAAP

You don't need to rush through it to get Clive, right? You just need to rush through it to complete his quest as far as I remember.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2014, 04:08:31 PM »

You don't need to rush through it to get Clive, right? You just need to rush through it to complete his quest as far as I remember.

You can miss Clive, but not due to gameplay time. You have to screw up during your first visit to Muse, not talk to Elza, and not get her package which is what you actually need to recruit Clive.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Taelus

• Some music guy
  • Editor Emeritus
  • You're gonna have a bad Turnabout.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2014, 12:53:43 AM »
I thought you had to get to the end of his quest within the time limit to get him? Is that not the case?
Friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.

Cyril

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2014, 01:26:42 AM »
Nope.  You only need to meet Elza in Muse to get him, the 20 hour time limit is to finish his quest, which isn't required to keep him or gain him as a Star.  Of course, meeting Elza in Muse is really easy to miss if you don't know you need to do so.

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2014, 01:49:41 AM »
Nope.  You only need to meet Elza in Muse to get him, the 20 hour time limit is to finish his quest, which isn't required to keep him or gain him as a Star.  Of course, meeting Elza in Muse is really easy to miss if you don't know you need to do so.

Yup....

*anger intensifies*

GUESS WHICH STAR I MISSED ON MY [IM]PERFECT RUN?
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!