Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 02:16:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332741 Posts in 13633 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  A discussion on localisations and censorship
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: A discussion on localisations and censorship  (Read 7448 times)
Lucid

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2006, 01:43:55 PM »

nd as we find out in the end, is also a demon. Thus the entire basis for the Church in FFT is evil disguised as good. I take serious issue with that.

Ajora wasn't the basis of the major religion in tactics though. The religion already existed before ajora came along. Ajora was a savior figure, however the game only goes so far as to say Ajora may not havebeen the person history recorded. It was like a historical parallel to Ramza's story and how delita is known as the savior of the land but there's a whole hidden story. I don't think they were trying to say Ajora himself was an actual demon either. The lucavi used him just like they used the games modern church.

I think the asthetics of the religion in fft identifies it with christianity more than the acual stuff and beliefs we see in the game.
Cowboy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2006, 12:57:47 AM »

I personally never had a problem with it. Just recently I was playing ToP and some the characters got 'over stuffed' with 'food'. But come on we all have imaginations and if you really want it to mean something else then let it be metaphorical for main characters getting piss drunk and too hung over to fight. I don't see that as censorship, just dumbing down. I kind of have a problem with that, but if the game itself is unaffected, who cares.

I agree with John in his first post about cultural stuff as well. Although things like drinking, smoking and sex are little more cross cultural, but some take it better than others. On some channels here in Canada the vulger language in some shows isn't censored out and they air in primetime. Albeit they have warnings at the beginning but from the American channels I get I have never scene that happen. Canada I think is a little more relaxed on those issues I find. Unfortuatly we don't localize the game by ourselves.

It's really very complicated, you wouldn't understand. You aren't even twelve are you!?
Lucid

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2006, 01:20:22 PM »

yeah canada also shows nudity in primetime.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: