Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 01:47:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331477 Posts in 13573 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  WoW 2.0: THE AFTERMATH =^.^=
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: WoW 2.0: THE AFTERMATH =^.^=  (Read 6930 times)
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 06, 2006, 09:40:00 AM »

Well, it's arrived.  If you put your ear to the ground last night, you could hear nerds around the world clacking their keys with glee as they speced to their new talents.

So now that we've gotten these changes, what do you guys think?  Are you digging the new LFG system?  Are you sobbing over the loss of battleground rep?

Me, my paladin's pretty well unchanged.  The new Righteous Defense talent will kick ass when I need to tank...but that never happens. :P  I am looking forward to Crusader Strike, but I can't function with putting ten into holy, so that's gonna have to wait till 60.

The water elemental with my mage is sorta lackluster.  I'd like it better if you didn't have to aim its frost nova.  It's pretty disappointing as far as a 41 point talent goes, if you ask me.  If I ever start playing my mage again for real, I'm definitely going to give the other two trees a shot.

I haven't been successful at getting a group with the new system as of yet.  There's some strange aversion to the Sunken Temple on Dark Iron, and that's really the only instance I can do at 51 that isn't fucking Mara.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 10:20:16 AM »

I am excited about the new talents. I would be more excited if you decided to play your mage instead of your pussy paladin =P

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 11:29:12 AM »

Pet scaling was pretty nice. At 29 my voidwalker went from 900ish hp to 1500(Then just under 1800 after deciding to spec demonology) and gained about 500 armor. He's also doing damage in the thirties instead of teens, which isn't huge, but it DOES help with hate. His mana doubled too so I'm a lot less likely to have to wait for him after extended fighting when he doesn't have enough to torment.

Succubus didn't gain as big a damage boost as VW, but her armor/hp puts her almost, but not quite, where the vw was prepatch defensively.

My imp has 600 hp instead of 200, but is otherwise weaker. Never get to use him so I took points out of imp. imp and imp. firebolt. Chaingun firebolts were awesome though.

All the demons have new vocal lines too. Sometimes though it seems they'll start a old line and then use a new one.

For all the new fancy talents, I can't use any except demonic aegis and I'm going to pass on that one for now.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 12:35:45 PM »

I am now a pure PvE combat spec - I get wtfpwned in PvP.. but I also SS crit clothies for 1400+.  I'm digging it - I just want my mods back.

On the other hand, I ROCK ASS AT DUELING ROGUES.

Evasion is now worthless against me.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 12:37:00 PM »

Quote from: "The Darkrider"
The water elemental with my mage is sorta lackluster.  I'd like it better if you didn't have to aim its frost nova.  It's pretty disappointing as far as a 41 point talent goes, if you ask me.  If I ever start playing my mage again for real, I'm definitely going to give the other two trees a shot.

Having played a mage to 60, I can't stand being Frost based.  It'd be allright for raiding, but I'd never grind with it.  Maybe Ice Lance would change that.

Also the water element adds very nice dps in raid and dungeons.  He adds a shitload of dps for a rather minimal mana cost.

All this new shit makes me want to reinstall the game to test it out for a month.  Espicially the priest talents.  Shadow priests perhaps viable in end game raiding? NO WAI!

I just want my mods back.

tbh I'm glad some of the mods are gone.  I welcome many of them back but others I do not.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 12:49:12 PM »

I can tell you my 1/41/9 druid is rocking a storm in PVP.  People die in like 3 mangles.  It's kinda nice.  And I swear it ignores armor because I can stand up to warriors in cat form. Oh, and the whole 160 HP every 6 seconds isn't so bad either.  In bear form...well, let me put it this way.  I ninjaed the SP aid station from 4 60 NPCs and hardly broke a sweat.

And that's despite the fact my damn hotbars are totally screwed up.  Make it snappy, CT Mod.  Must kill more alliance so I can get my 4 epic PVP pieces and own even more! :P

I haven't really bothered with my shaman too much, haven't decided whether to go earth shield or a more reasonable build similar to my old one for PVPing.  People die so quickly in BGs now that it almost feels like healing is pointless, hehe.  My lowbie melee hunter is even more ridiculous, though I really dislike the change that forces hunters to shoot if a mob goes out of range.  :(

Don't have an opinion on the LFG system, I tried it out in AV and it didn't do anything. ;p

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 01:16:08 PM »

Quote from: "Ryos"
I can tell you my 1/41/9 druid is rocking a storm in PVP.  People die in like 3 mangles.  It's kinda nice.  And I swear it ignores armor because I can stand up to warriors in cat form. Oh, and the whole 160 HP every 6 seconds isn't so bad either.  In bear form...well, let me put it this way.  I ninjaed the SP aid station from 4 60 NPCs and hardly broke a sweat.

Don't have an opinion on the LFG system, I tried it out in AV and it didn't do anything. ;p

As it stands right now, I'm told that at 70 feral druids are just as good at DPSing as rogues are if not better(considering about equal gear).

As for the LFG system, can you put yourself into the queue for more than one dungeon?  Considering how many new dungeons there are in the Outlands, that would suck if you couldn't.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Gearhead

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 01:24:01 PM »

I like having the AQ skills avialble, the new rank of Evicerate really does help overall performance.  There are, of course, other nice things about that too.

The big thing, though, is the de-stupiding of the PvP ranking system.  You don't have to worry about having people play in shifts to actually see some sort of reward anymore.  Certainly, it might take a while, but you WILL see results.

And that's a good thing.

- Kickin it old school? ... Or something...
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 01:37:11 PM »

Quote from: "Akanbe-"

As for the LFG system, can you put yourself into the queue for more than one dungeon?  Considering how many new dungeons there are in the Outlands, that would suck if you couldn't.

You can queue up for three.  It's not just limited to instances, either:  elite quests, specific zones, and raids.  Maybe one other choice, I can't remember.

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 03:12:06 PM »

Damn, I left WoW a bit ago because the guild I was in acted like I was their buddy, then one day I said I was pissed cause the game was pwning me (ya know, one of those days where you just have horrible luck) and the leader said everyone complained about me (yeah I can be a whiny bitch sometimes, but im a pretty nice guy for the most part, and anyways) so I got kicked (whatever) and im like...well lets just take a break.

Ive been thinking of coming back, but it just seems so...tremendous.  I mean I never got past 30 since starting in april 2005, so you can tell im not great at these, but I could never find a class I really enjoyed, and I didnt play for hours on end, or just didnt get how to grind *shrugs*

All this new stuff, especially the outlands sounds so much fun, but it would take me forever Id think to even get there, which sucks, plus who knows, maybe im still an annoying prick who everyone likes but then tells the guild leader they dont O_o

Anyways, new stuff sounds sweet, but I dunno, I think im just gonna wait for the next wave of MMO's and see if something strikes my fancy.  I loved WoW, but WoW didnt seem to love me heh.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 03:29:04 PM »

Quote from: "Serene Prophet"
Damn, I left WoW a bit ago because the guild I was in acted like I was their buddy, then one day I said I was pissed cause the game was pwning me (ya know, one of those days where you just have horrible luck) and the leader said everyone complained about me (yeah I can be a whiny bitch sometimes, but im a pretty nice guy for the most part, and anyways) so I got kicked (whatever) and im like...well lets just take a break.

Ive been thinking of coming back, but it just seems so...tremendous.  I mean I never got past 30 since starting in april 2005, so you can tell im not great at these, but I could never find a class I really enjoyed, and I didnt play for hours on end, or just didnt get how to grind *shrugs*

All this new stuff, especially the outlands sounds so much fun, but it would take me forever Id think to even get there, which sucks, plus who knows, maybe im still an annoying prick who everyone likes but then tells the guild leader they dont O_o

Anyways, new stuff sounds sweet, but I dunno, I think im just gonna wait for the next wave of MMO's and see if something strikes my fancy.  I loved WoW, but WoW didnt seem to love me heh.

Maybe you just weren't playing with the right people. Join the dark side.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2006, 04:55:39 PM »

Haha true enough.  Ive always liked alliance, just cause, but ive played horde and enjoyed it.  I figure if I do join again, ill wait till BC comes out, and play BE.  Just because they look badass, though of course, everyone will be one because "ZOMG THEY ARE ELVES, AND THE FEMALES LOOK HOT SO WERE GONNA DANCE IN OUR SKIVVIES CAUSE WE THINK ITS COOL!"

Only thing ive ever hated about WoW is some of the community :P

But yeah, ill keep an eye on stuff, see what I decide.  Most importantly though, I want to purchase games for my DS, so *shrug*

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2006, 07:58:22 PM »

Well, an initial look at the LFG system didn't impress me too much since there wasn't a single party going when I took a gander at it between AV matches, but hopefully that's just an initial reaction and it'll be used more than that.  I found, for what it's worth, the UC guards' directions to the paladin class trainer quite amusing. :p

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2006, 11:03:15 PM »

Quote from: "Daggerstrike"
I am excited about the new talents. I would be more excited if you decided to play your mage instead of your pussy paladin =P

Daggerstrike is correct; You should be playing with your Mage.

Werent you the one some time ago that started that character TO PLAY UNTIL OTHER PEOPLE CAUGHT UP TO YOU?

Fuck man...I'm almost 60, you bitch!

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2006, 02:47:29 AM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"
I am now a pure PvE combat spec - I get wtfpwned in PvP.. but I also SS crit clothies for 1400+.  I'm digging it - I just want my mods back.

On the other hand, I ROCK ASS AT DUELING ROGUES.

Evasion is now worthless against me.

I'm feeling.....like rogues kinda got a nice assraping. I'm missing....a lot. My cheapshots are now regularly missing, and my max eviscerate is now not near the 1.6k it was. I'm now at more like 1.2k.

I dunno, John, are you feeling like your damage output has dwindled? Or am I just feeling like it is now that I'm on the cusp of getting my Tier'd gear?

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: