Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 05:28:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331387 Posts in 13572 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  WoW 2.0: THE AFTERMATH =^.^=
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: WoW 2.0: THE AFTERMATH =^.^=  (Read 6928 times)
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2006, 07:55:45 AM »

I played my 60 warrior a little bit to see what all the whiny bitches on the boards were talking about. Since I don't play a 2-hand fury or arms spec...I only saw sunshine and rainbows when I specced into the prot tree. Now at 60 I can easily take two 58's without losing more than half my health. Lollipops and licorice my friends. Fuck 2-hander assholes who want to "pwn" everything AND tank. If you want to be a tank then gear and spec yourself like a tank like druids and paladins have to do to be tanks.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2006, 11:05:44 AM »

Yeah, the warrior forums made me lol.

Normalized rage generation means easy prey for my shadow priest.  I kinda like that =P.

Has anything different happened to aggro?  I heard people bitching about how they can't handle aggro as well anymore.

On a side note, seems like hunters got buffed a lot.  Being able to lay traps in combat (with a slight delay) without FD is probably nice.  I heard their overall DPS got a bit of a boost too.  Hunters pets got very buffed.  The only complaint I've heard so far, which most people agree will just take time to get used to, is if you are in combat range and auto attack is on and you get out of range of auto attack (and into shooting range), auto-shot is turned on.  Kind of annoying I suppose incase you CC them and move away to try and get off an aimed shot.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2006, 08:21:37 PM »

Quote from: "Akanbe-"
Has anything different happened to aggro?  I heard people bitching about how they can't handle aggro as well anymore.

I know it's even easier for me to hold aggro as a druid, but it's not like that was ever an issue for druids. :P

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2006, 08:37:04 PM »

So I dusted off Alisandre #1 to test out the new lock skills.  Since everyone and their mom on Dark Iron has apparently gone the felguard route, I decided to go down my preferred path, affliction.  I dig absolutely every new skill, not to mention the skills that have changed since I last played lock.

...I'm totally rolling a new lock tonight. :P

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2006, 10:07:16 PM »

Quote from: "The Darkrider"
So I dusted off Alisandre #1 to test out the new lock skills.  Since everyone and their mom on Dark Iron has apparently gone the felguard route, I decided to go down my preferred path, affliction.  I dig absolutely every new skill, not to mention the skills that have changed since I last played lock.

You should do that on Horde side of Norgannon =P

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2006, 10:09:50 PM »

Felguard seems to be regarded as the noob spec.  Glad you didn't go down that way.

Affliction rocks.  You made a good decision.

Destro is good too, but it doesn't really shine until you get some +dmg

I know it's even easier for me to hold aggro as a druid, but it's not like that was ever an issue for druids. :P

Heh i bet.  I haven't heard any druids complaining about it yet.

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2006, 10:15:04 PM »

Quote from: "Daggerstrike"

You should do that on Horde side of Norgannon =P

/signed

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2006, 12:26:17 AM »

So I ran BRD tonight, and Spiritual Attunement totally rocked my face.  HoTs were giving me +15 mana a tick, and Vamipric Embrace was netting me +5 or so.  That's all you need when you're a paladin, baby. :P  Don't think I came anywhere near running out o' blue kill juice, and I went in at the absolute lowest level you can.

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2006, 01:05:19 PM »

Big thumbs down to the BG server stability.  

Even bigger thumbs down to Blizzard lying out of their ass.  Two days ago they posted that prices for PVP items wouldn't go up, yet now here on Tuesday they lower the amount of honor gained by 30%.  Jesus Christ, I already had marks flowing out of my mailbox, now the things will be really useless.  I wonder if I'll have the damn PVP gear by BC now?

Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2006, 04:27:31 PM »

Well, now that honor doesn't decay they had to do something.  I'm not really that surprised by it.

If what you said is true, then technically they didn't lie.  Prices are the same, right?  I haven't checked it out myself.

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2006, 06:28:06 PM »

Yes, the prices are exactly the same.  However, if you didn't get all the honor you needed last week, it's basically the same as a 43% price increase.  I don't have a problem with the nerf (I expected it because of the abundance of QQing on the Blizzard forums), but rather the way it was handled.  Doesn't matter if you keep the same $.99 Taco Bell value item if your earnings have been slashed significantly rather than that item's price simply being raised 30 cents in price.

Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2006, 03:37:55 PM »

WoW, Demonology warlocks just got smacked with a big nerf bat.

Armor and DPS on the felguard got reduced by a lot.

Soul link is now 20% instead of 30%.

Changes for the better imo.  Their tears are funny however.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2006, 04:56:29 PM »

Where did you get this information?

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2006, 05:06:15 PM »

I can probably see why the felguard got knocked down a peg.  When I last ran ST, I did so with a lock who tanked with his felguard, and that thing impressed the hell out of me.  Think of a seduceless succubus that can take shit better than a voidwalker, and you're pretty damn close to a felguard.

With that said, I didn't spot any bitching about this on the official forums, so it probably isn't so.

Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2006, 05:18:15 PM »

Quote from: "Daggerstrike"

Where did you get this information?

I also forgot to list Curse of Weakness DPS reduction got reduced by a lot too.  The highest ranking spell was ridiculous.  It can also no longer be amplified by Amplify Curse.  Instead, Curse of Doom can now be amplified.

Soul link nerf is already implemented in the beta.  Dmg was increaded to +5% for Soul Link (+2% I think from before).  

With that said, I didn't spot any bitching about this on the official forums, so it probably isn't so.

Check the beta forums.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: