Author Topic: Citizens of Earth

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Citizens of Earth
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2015, 11:27:00 PM »
I don't think I've experienced any glitches on Vita either.  Well... maybe one time I got stuck on something.  I'm not sure that was this game.  But since it autosaves every time you enter an area...
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut

xpsychedelico

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2015, 11:56:39 PM »
I've been playing on the PC and it's crashed at least ten times for me now, often when I'm just about to enter a new area. Also, there was one one serious bug/glitch where I ended up in a location I shouldn't have be able to access, and had to close the game to proceed. Glad to hear these problems are not affecting everyone though.
"Clockwork is clockwork. One. Two. In. Out. But Necessity she a goddess. She turn your muscles to water and your bones to oil. One day you meet her and you will see that Mobius is right." - Mobius the Stripper

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2015, 11:51:57 AM »
Idk if I would call this spoilers, but in the police station in the demo, if you check the computer, it gives you a text prompt that says something about watching out for a "spiteful looking boy" beating up crows with a "cracked bat". I legitimately chuckled when I read that.

TASTY!

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2015, 06:49:30 PM »
Double postage, but this one has merit.

Seems that a lot of people are experiencing a bug or glitch or something involving the VR arena. If you battle for a while there, the game bugs out and shuts off. It happened to me after a solid 2 hours of leveling citizens to 20 for the yoga instructor. So here's some advice to new people starting the game...save often when grinding.

Or lose 15 levels from your highest level characters and 6 level 20 citizens.

TASTY!

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2015, 07:35:54 PM »
The 3DS version has an auto-save so no worries there if you forget to manually save. 
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2015, 09:35:06 PM »
The 3DS version has an auto-save so no worries there if you forget to manually save. 
All the versions have auto save, it just doesn't save every few minutes or anything like that. When using the VR arena, you just stand at a computer and keep selecting enemies, no moving from zones to trigger the save. I should point out that I lost no actual progress, just tons of levels..

TASTY!

Klyde Chroma

• LVL. 99 - Midnight Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2015, 10:02:30 PM »
Thanks for that heads up D. That is exactly where I am at and have been sort of it forgetting to manual save because of the auto. I'll be a bit more cognizant of that now.

On that note, exploring around the beginning of chapter 2 without moving forward with the story and I just found the artist. I love the "bob ross of a different ethnicity" take on him. In fact I can't really say there are any characters so far that come across as bland to me. The charm this game translated in the satire conveyed by way of the cast is awesome and I give it bonus points for the creative and comical enemy designs. I am echoing my earlier thoughts to a degree here but I'm just really impressed with the originality and intelligence of this title despite its simplicity each time I turn it on.

Appreciating all the conveniences the characters "Talents" offer as well. Between the teacher/school function, the VR arena, the mascot and FedUPS, grinding for levels couldn't be made any more convenient. The talents really seem to have a strong impact in terms of taking some of the more annoying aspects of standard turn based gameplay out of the equation for me.
I am more a battlefield than a Ninja.

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2015, 12:02:26 AM »
For grinding, the photographer (journalist?  I changed her name.) has a handy skill - Duplicate.  She copies an enemy, at its current HP.  I bumped up the difficulty a bit, left her in the party, and got about a gajillion XP per fight, just getting one Anchory Bird down to a couple of HP, having her duplicate it, then having someone knock it out.  And I don't know if it's the skill or her speed, but Duplicate always goes first.

Oh, and that also nets you a ton of "bonus XP" for fighting "a group."  I think that all goes to talent XP, which is great if you have people who need that.
—Kurt Vonnegut

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2015, 11:31:37 AM »
For grinding, the photographer (journalist?  I changed her name.) has a handy skill - Duplicate.  She copies an enemy, at its current HP.  I bumped up the difficulty a bit, left her in the party, and got about a gajillion XP per fight, just getting one Anchory Bird down to a couple of HP, having her duplicate it, then having someone knock it out.  And I don't know if it's the skill or her speed, but Duplicate always goes first.

Oh, and that also nets you a ton of "bonus XP" for fighting "a group."  I think that all goes to talent XP, which is great if you have people who need that.
Yeah, I was doing that with bloated toads and then one shotting them with the baker. I usually kept 2 alive cuz my baker had about 10 levels on my photographer and would kill stuff before she got a turn.

Question, where the hell is the Special Blend so I can recruit the damned Barista already? She's annoying me...just standing there, waiting to get recruited.

TASTY!

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2015, 02:18:04 PM »
Pretty sure I got that by fighting someone specific under the Moonbucks.  Not sure if you can or can't get it after you've completed that area.
—Kurt Vonnegut

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2015, 02:27:19 PM »
Pretty sure I got that by fighting someone specific under the Moonbucks.  Not sure if you can or can't get it after you've completed that area.
If you ....errr...
Code: [Select]
rebuild the moonbucks through the architect the teleporter is still there. Could I be so lucky?

TASTY!

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2015, 09:11:03 PM »
I hoped that would be the case, but didn't want to spoil anything.
—Kurt Vonnegut

Klyde Chroma

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2015, 06:53:25 PM »
Well i officially screwed myself.

I wasn't paying attention to Yoga chickee requirements. This was folly on my part considering D already brought it up days ago. Went around recruiting. Now I am in the process of leveling twice as many citizens to get her. Suck.

As for the moonbucks special blend I missed it too. HINT: determine enemy that drops it with conspiracy dude. use VR arena... thats my plan at least (haven't tried it yet).

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2015, 11:35:04 AM »

I wasn't paying attention to Yoga chickee requirements. This was folly on my part considering D already brought it up days ago. Went around recruiting. Now I am in the process of leveling twice as many citizens to get her. Suck.

As for the moonbucks special blend I missed it too. HINT: determine enemy that drops it with conspiracy dude. use VR arena... thats my plan at least (haven't tried it yet).
Won't work, Klyde. I don't wanna spoil it, but i'll just say that if you recruit the architect, you can still get the special blend. If you really need to know how (believe me, it took me a while to figure it out) I'll message it to you, but my only hint is you can't kill a SPECIFIC enemy in one shot.

TASTY!

Klyde Chroma

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2015, 10:47:49 PM »

Won't work, Klyde. I don't wanna spoil it, but i'll just say that if you recruit the architect, you can still get the special blend. If you really need to know how (believe me, it took me a while to figure it out) I'll message it to you, but my only hint is you can't kill a SPECIFIC enemy in one shot.

Thanks for the tip D. I'm pretty certain you just saved me quite a bit of frustration. All I need to know is that there is a way and I'm certain I'll find it. The biggest challenge with things like this for me is wondering if I'm completely wasting my time with my efforts (scarred from a childhood spent trying to revive general leo).

Speaking of frustration, I take back what I said last week about not having glitches. This game crashed on me so many times while grinding for Yoga chick I almost don't feel like playing it for a little while now. I am happy to report I did get her, however it left me so uber-powerred at this point in the game (early chapter 2) that I feel compromised on how to proceed. Should I just keep the difficulty cranked up? Anybody else run into heavy balance issues like this? I mean my characters are all now clearly waaaay ahead of where they should be but I'm wondering if it wouldn't be wise to keep over-powering my team so I can run through with difficulty cranked for the bonus item drops and whatnot.

I'm curious to know how other folks are choosing to manage the difficulty as they progress.