Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 11:15:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334537 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Lineage 2 under threat
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Lineage 2 under threat  (Read 3223 times)
Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 10, 2006, 10:16:44 PM »

For the award for being utterly dull, yes RF is hot on it's heels in my honest opinion, I bought RF becuase well i buy every MMO don't I, and I must say with an honest over look that RF is dull, boring and almost worse than Lineage 2 in many respetcs. where to start:

First off the character creation, WTF is going on here? this feature is laughable if anything, 3 races, 4 classes and only 3-4 different hair styles with no option to manually change things like hair color and skin color, things which have become standard almost certainly these days.

Then there is the actually control system, and UI, I could have done a better job myself-isn't it about time we said goodbye to mouse control in RPG's? lacklustre. Nothing about the UI is customizable and the font and size are very hard to read regsrding text.

One of my biggest complaints is the PT system, your a warrior, but if you want lots of stamina for tanking you have to lvl Range, so basically you have to play two jobs at the same time, and if you want to be a good tank your gonna need a shield, but wait you have to level shield skill aswell! haha my lucky day indeed.

I couldn't be arsed commenting anymore becuase this game is truley not meeting todays standards, how anyone of those idiots I met in general chat could openly say that RF is better than WoW is beyond me totally, either their on crack or they haven't gone for a brain scan recently...

rubbish.

Gearhead

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 07:01:12 AM »

Now, I'm not going to say that I'm here to defend RFO.  I was very hopeful of the game when it was first announced, but after a while.. eh..  exposure to the game has illuminated me on certain points.

First off, the character creation process and equipment are all balanced towards minimising the number of unique textures on characters.  Why is this done?  In order to sling more models on the screen at once.  The fewer new textures that have to be loaded by the engine, the more people you can have on screen.

The chat panel is broken and wrong.  This is known.  It was complained about in Beta with great vigor.  Nobody has a clue about it.

The control system is not especially heinous once you've adjusted to it, although I have never been a fan of 'walking on rails' .. which is a personal term for the feeling that your movements are being restricted artificially by the environment.  Being unable to fall off things, for instance, disrupts my feeling of immersion.

As for PT.  CONGRTULATIONS.  PT is the true sink of the game.  It's not XP, it's actual training in various weapons.  Everybody crosstrains.  Everybody.  PT gains are also balanced to encourage PvP, because they increase much more steadily when you're beating on some other guy.

- Kickin it old school? ... Or something...
Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 07:27:24 AM »

I just think to myself, how do poeple enjoy this game? it has next to no content, all you do is grind PT on ultimatly boring mobs in ultimatly boring envoirnments.

Gearhead

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 10:08:50 AM »

The game is balanced around regularly scheduled mass (like, several hundred people in a big pile) PvP combat.

Did you not read anything about it beforehand?

- Kickin it old school? ... Or something...
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 03:47:28 PM »

I got RFO too.  The PVP is fairly exciting (although you get screwed over majorly after level 25 if you're into AFK mining), but the PVE is so minimalistic it's literally laughable.  I'll have enough fun with it while my trial period is up, but I have 0 reason to renew as the game currently stands.  The people who think RFO's better than WoW are nuts. :p

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 05:06:17 PM »

Quote from: "Ryos"
I got RFO too.  The PVP is fairly exciting (although you get screwed over majorly after level 25 if you're into AFK mining), but the PVE is so minimalistic it's literally laughable.  I'll have enough fun with it while my trial period is up, but I have 0 reason to renew as the game currently stands.  The people who think RFO's better than WoW are nuts. :p

Exactly, and gearhead I did read about it before hand, but surely your not going to defend the fact that RF-online is a very poor game due to its being 'mass'' PvP'?

In my mind it's the same as watching the worst film ever made starring Britney Spears until at the very end she gets her tits out, would you make a habit of setitng endurance tasks for yourself only to reap 5 minutes(or 2 mins :P) pleasure at the end?

ShiningHero

Lawlerabs

lightbreakerec@hotmail.com Blazeddc
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 07:44:18 PM »

Quote from: "Ryos"

*Is nuts*

Krelian

pmtome@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 01:37:08 PM »

i don,t play the anothers mmrpg,s , but i play one year in L2 and is a joke of game, only bots and ebayers there

Sona mi areru ec sancitu
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: