Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 06:21:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329927 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Ivalice Alliance (Or, Final Fantasy Tactics returns?)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: The Ivalice Alliance (Or, Final Fantasy Tactics returns?)  (Read 4218 times)
Amankhan

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 13, 2006, 08:33:33 AM »

Looks like Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings is just the start of a series of handheld games from Square-Enix.

http://ff13vids.jugem.jp/

Scans from Jump magazine:

http://img120.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=15528_up157532_122_342lo.jpg

http://img156.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=15704_FFT_PSP_2006_12_13_122_383lo.jpg
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 08:46:19 AM »

Holy SHIT. FFT for PSP?

Consider me stoked.

MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 11:34:54 AM »

I have the original so I am not particularly interested in this port.

Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 12:50:51 PM »

I was hoping Square Enix could develop an original title for PSP. I still can't beat the original Final Fantasy Tactics, anyway, so I'll pass on this.
Lilim

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 02:23:18 PM »

At least it's a port with some addons of a good game than an original game that might not be so good. Hopefully it will be well-made and not have crap load times or other issues that weren't there before.

Otherwise, color me CHOCO METEOR!
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 02:36:11 PM »

Since they have not really released a lot of games (Itadaki Street Portable and Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth) for the platform so far, a high profile release is welcome, even if it's "only" a port with some updates. Besides Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII is finally playable, so odds are it will finally see its release in Japan next year.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 02:50:19 PM »

Either way, I'm looking forward to FFXII: Revenant Wings on DS.  

(Semi-OT; it's related in that it's an Ivalice FF on a handheld.)  

I wonder whether or not the FF Tactics PSP remake will hit US shores and if/when it does, will it have a redone translation.  Need I mention Daravon's often confusing ramblings?

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 03:14:04 PM »

I'm excited about the announcement of FFT A2. we'll see what that's released on then...
Ramza

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 03:24:38 PM »

Hey, any good FF game for the DS rocks my socks.

Yay DS!

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 04:48:24 PM »

Quote from: "Miho"
I was hoping Square Enix could develop an original title for PSP. I still can't beat the original Final Fantasy Tactics, anyway, so I'll pass on this.

Is it because you're lazy, or you serisouly can't beat it?

"Oh, a hunter..."
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2006, 05:18:35 PM »

I've been stuck at the same spot for a long time. I find the game generally frustrating, from your characters permanently disappearing after a certain period of time, after they've fallen in battle, to the general difficulty of some battles.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2006, 05:38:12 PM »

I've been stuck at the same spot for a long time. I find the game generally frustrating, from your characters permanently disappearing after a certain period of time, after they've fallen in battle, to the general difficulty of some battles.

I had the same problem when I first played. I got stuck at the Riovanes castle battle and I saved between the first and second battles, so I was screwed and had to start over because Ramza was too weak to fight that battle alone.

Once you get Mustadio, it's always good to make him a Chemist and have plenty of healing items and phoenix downs. The game isn't that hard, but there is some tough battles, but nothing that a little leveling and learning proper skills can't take care of.

What battle are you stuck at? If you're interested in getting further, I could offer some help, but this isn't really the thread for that. :P

"Oh, a hunter..."
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2006, 06:04:14 PM »

If they retranslate FFT, and assuming they bring it out here (the new FMV scenes sound like they'd seal the deal), I'll have to take a look.
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2006, 10:01:41 PM »

Quote from: "Fadedsun"

I had the same problem when I first played. I got stuck at the Riovanes castle battle and I saved between the first and second battles, so I was screwed and had to start over because Ramza was too weak to fight that battle alone.

Once you get Mustadio, it's always good to make him a Chemist and have plenty of healing items and phoenix downs. The game isn't that hard, but there is some tough battles, but nothing that a little leveling and learning proper skills can't take care of.

What battle are you stuck at? If you're interested in getting further, I could offer some help, but this isn't really the thread for that. :P

I believe that's where I'm stuck at as well, however, I'm not certain. I'd have to check again, as it's been so long since I've last played the game. I may as well create a thread in The Helper Monkey forum, explaining the situation I'm stuck in.

To get back on topic, I think if I give Final Fantasy Tactics another go, I'll appreciate the game more, and who knows, I may outright buy the PlayStation Portable remake. The prospect of playing it anywhere is nice.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2006, 01:05:53 AM »

woah is that a new job in the second picture? can anyone make out the kanji that shows the jobname? i would guess it's either fencer or bluemage :O

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: