Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 08:13:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330182 Posts in 13529 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Wild Arms Vth Vanguard
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Wild Arms Vth Vanguard  (Read 13316 times)
ShiningHero

Lawlerabs

lightbreakerec@hotmail.com Blazeddc
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: December 14, 2006, 04:30:00 PM »

The import came in the other day and I have been messing it with it since. I really enjoyed Wild ARMs 4 and the game seems to borrow a lot from it. I really wish they would of kept the anime intro but I guess you can't have everything. Hopefully this comes over as timely as the fourth game did unlike alter code F which barely made it to the US. Those interested I ripped the intro and uploaded it on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkYu8qmDzPY

If anybody would like the opening song or a higher quality intro just say so.

More Wild ARMs! <:

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 04:08:55 AM »

No US publisher has even been named for Vth Vanguard, so it's unlikely we'll get as swift a release as what XSEED did with 4. Though, if it does come to the US, I hope XSEED is the one that does it. They did an excellent job with WA4, as they also did with Shadow Hearts: FTNW.

I've listened to the opening single from Nana Mizuki, I like it (expect a soundtrack review). You should consider offering up an import reader review for the site if the game really tickles your fancy.

Ramza

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 05:49:14 AM »

No anime intro?

Sacrilege.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 06:15:54 AM »

Quote from: "Leyviur"
No anime intro?

Sacrilege.

FMV's pretty much dying from games. While not a big deal for CGI as graphics are really catching up with that, I do find it a shame to not get fancy nice quality anime or other such animated movies.
Mana Knight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 07:53:48 AM »

Yeah, I wish it had an anime too.

I definitely want XSeed to pick the game up, and I feel it's highly likely they will.  I'll definitely buy it on release.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 01:15:14 PM »

No anime intro?

They took away the usual good music that goes with the opening too. I can't say it's not trying, it's just not working.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006, 01:41:00 PM »

Ah, so XSeed is still around?  I haven't heard from them in a while so I got worried.  Anyways, I'm a Wild Arms junkie and will certain pick it up if/when it hits the states.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 03:37:12 PM »

They have Vahalla Knights coming for the PSP, so they appear to still be around, and WA4, and SH:FTNW sold well enough for them to justify thier continued existence.  So it possible.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2006, 01:46:04 AM »

No anime intro?

Sacrilege.

indeed. im looking forward to this game but i doubt the characters will be as cool as the WA4 ones.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2006, 12:01:07 PM »

Meh, dunno if i'll buy this game even if it ever does come out in Europe. I think WA3's absurdly long lifespan has put me off Wild Arms - though it still remains one of my favourite rpgs on ps2. Do all WA games have 100+ hours of game time?
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2006, 12:55:52 PM »

Wild Arms 3 isn't supposed to last 100+ hours.

Also: Why does the main character punch things with his guns?

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2006, 05:10:16 AM »

wild arms 3 is made artificially longer because of the stupid search system. wild arms 4 travel plays out more like FFX

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2006, 10:14:47 AM »

I played the game for a while, so let me give some impressions.

Graphics: I'll say one thing, the character models are absolutely gorgeous. They are outrageously detailed and, combined with their awesome designs, look positively wonderful. Top notch stuff here. Unfortunately, NPC characters don't have nearly the same amount of detail, and the environments are sort of bland, with the world map being the worst offender.

Sound: The music is great. The battle themes are catchy and well composed. Some of the voices grate my nerves though.

Story: Haven't seen much of it yet, but God, Dean gets on my nerves so much. Rebecca and Avril are freaking awesome though.

Gameplay: I love it, I love it, I love it. It's a refinement of WA4's hex system, so anybody who remotely enjoyed that game will absolutely love this one. Also, there are LOTS of cameos of characters from previous games. I've seen screens for Rudy, Emma, Ashley, Lilka, Brad, Knight Blazer, Jet, Clive, among others. They also have hidden costumes for the main characters for some cameos; two for each, and three for Dean. Avril gets on for Anastasia! I think I'm in love.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2006, 11:47:31 AM »

I played the game for a while, so let me give some impressions.

Graphics: I'll say one thing, the character models are absolutely gorgeous. They are outrageously detailed and, combined with their awesome designs, look positively wonderful. Top notch stuff here. Unfortunately, NPC characters don't have nearly the same amount of detail, and the environments are sort of bland, with the world map being the worst offender.

Sound: The music is great. The battle themes are catchy and well composed. Some of the voices grate my nerves though.

Story: Haven't seen much of it yet, but God, Dean gets on my nerves so much. Rebecca and Avril are freaking awesome though.

Gameplay: I love it, I love it, I love it. It's a refinement of WA4's hex system, so anybody who remotely enjoyed that game will absolutely love this one. Also, there are LOTS of cameos of characters from previous games. I've seen screens for Rudy, Emma, Ashley, Lilka, Brad, Knight Blazer, Jet, Clive, among others. They also have hidden costumes for the main characters for some cameos; two for each, and three for Dean. Avril gets on for Anastasia! I think I'm in love.

I'm sold.
XSEED GET YOUR ASSES IN GEAR TO PAY YOUR FRIGGIN MORTGAGE!!

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Robert Boyd

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2006, 11:58:38 AM »

I loved WA4's gameplay far more than I expected so if WA5 is like that but better, it's a must-have for me.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: