Author Topic: Langrisser: Reincarnation coming Stateside?

TheMaskedOtaku416

• View Profile
Langrisser: Reincarnation coming Stateside?
« on: April 07, 2015, 06:42:39 PM »
I've been a fan of Langrisser/Warsong since it appeared on the Genesis in the 90's and I got excited to read about the 3DS game that would revitalize the series but was sad to hear that there is not a release date as of late for the game.  I'm really looking forward to hopefully seeing it come over here, so have you heard any news about this title and if not, who might show interest in such a title?  Thanks. 

kkhohoho

• View Profile
Re: Langrisser: Reincarnation coming Stateside?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 08:02:52 PM »
I'm interested, or at least curious. If it does come over here, I might give it a go; might be up my ally.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 08:30:03 PM »
The only news I've heard is that it is a thing that players in Japan will be waiting until somewhere in July for.

Any news of a possible localization will probably be after it gets released. Maybe E3 if we're lucky.

That said, I have no idea what this game will have or do compared to the earlier titles. That said, I still can't get over what they did to Jessica, (http://gematsu.com/2015/02/langrisser-series-regular-jessica-appear-3ds-revival (Warning: NSFW)), or the bikini armor (I mean, where's the armor's nipples?).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

kkhohoho

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 08:34:55 PM »
The only news I've heard is that it is a thing that players in Japan will be waiting until somewhere in July for.

Any news of a possible localization will probably be after it gets released. Maybe E3 if we're lucky.

That said, I have no idea what this game will have or do compared to the earlier titles. That said, I still can't get over what they did to Jessica, (http://gematsu.com/2015/02/langrisser-series-regular-jessica-appear-3ds-revival (Warning: NSFW)), or the bikini armor (I mean, where's the armor's nipples?).

Well now. That's just uncalled for. (Seriously, she looks like a 12 year old dressing like she's 30; what's she doing, going out for Halloween?)

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 10:36:03 PM »

Yeah yikes.  It's not my culture (and that BS excuse of being mature, reincarnated, or older than she appears doesn't cut it), but c'mon... ō_ó
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 10:49:32 PM »
While I will never try to defend the old character designs with a straight face, at least Jessica's previous design (as she only ever really had the one across all four or five games she was in) didn't make her look like she's five years too old to compete on Toddlers in Tiaras anymore (not that there weren't like a hundred different ways to complain about the old designs, but at least borderline wasn't one of them).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

TheMaskedOtaku416

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 11:34:34 PM »
While I will never try to defend the old character designs with a straight face, at least Jessica's previous design (as she only ever really had the one across all four or five games she was in) didn't make her look like she's five years too old to compete on Toddlers in Tiaras anymore (not that there weren't like a hundred different ways to complain about the old designs, but at least borderline wasn't one of them).

Yeah, considering that Jessica looks like she's not even 10 or 11 and she's wearing something like THAT makes me REALLY wonder if they're even ringing the pedophile alarm or not... I mean, at least in Langrisser I, she looked her age but come on!  That is just ridiculous!  Other than the awkward costume designs not withstanding, I'd much rather go with the much more tasteful costumes that were seen in Langrisser II and possibly III instead of these, especially where Jessica's concerned (although I liked the name the English Warsong gave her, even though let's face the fact that everything else was translated so horribly that we should've asked for a revisit to the game at some point.  What was Masaya's deal with the U.S. anyway?  Why didn't they allow the rest of the series come over here?  I would've loved to at least see Langrisser I and III come over here or at the very least, Der Langrisser which was the SNES version of Langrisser II.  But yeah, if only we could get NIS or even Atlus interested in buying Langrisser: Reincarnation and maybe even a few more games in the series and bring them over, I'd very much like to see it happen.  It's been years already... Can we PLEASE be able to at least play ONE more Langrisser/Warsong game? 

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 12:00:53 AM »
nipples?

why don't any videogame characters got like three or more of those fuckers

where my supernumerary nipple representation in videogames at dawg

also Chiepoo doesn't count cats is supposed to be covered in nipples im talkin bout things what usually only got two.
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 12:04:40 PM »
also Chiepoo doesn't count cats is supposed to be covered in nipples im talkin bout things what usually only got two.

Speaking of which...I mean, speaking of beastmen in Suikoden...Tierkris apparently has a bunch of recruitable beastmen. I am now happy I bought it. Especially since I only spent $12 on it. :]

Code: [Select]
I am aware Tierkris has no more beastmen than any other Suikoden game. Don't take this moement away from me.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 12:06:50 PM by Mickeymac92 »

MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

DariaRPG

• Lvl 99
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 11:19:42 PM »
I was fortunate to grow up with Warsong (along with the Shining series), I've imported a few of the sequels for Saturn just because but I would love to see the series return to the US again... pastie wearing underage goddesses not withstanding.
Like smart, indepth reviews of really old RPGs and adventure games? Well then, have I got the YouTube channel for you.

CoreSignal

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 02:03:54 AM »
Another old-school Langrisser fan here. Personally, I think there's a good chance we'll see this stateside. I think FE:Awakening was kind of a surprise hit in the West and I wouldn't be surprised if publishers were looking for more fantasy SRPGs or the next FE. While Langrisser is somewhat of a different game, there's enough similarities to draw in the FE crowd. Maybe Atlus will pick this up? Otherwise, I'd love to see a re-release of some of the previous games. Doubt it'll happen, though.

That reminds me, wasn't there some character in Awakening that was like a thousand-year old goddess who "decided" to appear in human form as a little girl, lol. But yeah, totally agree. Satoshi Urushihara's designs in the old games looked pretty skimpy too, but at least they looked like grown women (mostly). But these new designs? I don't know if I should play this in public.

I was fortunate to grow up with Warsong (along with the Shining series), I've imported a few of the sequels for Saturn just because but I would love to see the series return to the US again... pastie wearing underage goddesses not withstanding.

Same. At this point, I'll take it.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2015, 09:10:52 AM »

That reminds me, wasn't there some character in Awakening that was like a thousand-year old goddess who "decided" to appear in human form as a little girl, lol.

Nowi, a dragon, looks maybe 12 in human form. It's awkward.

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2015, 10:55:51 AM »
Well, Satoshi Urushihara, who did the Langrisser and Growlanser character art, is known for his cheesecake material, like in Legend of Lemnear and parts of Plastic Little. 
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2015, 11:25:50 AM »
Well, Satoshi Urushihara, who did the Langrisser and Growlanser character art, is known for his cheesecake material, like in Legend of Lemnear and parts of Plastic Little. 

(He sure knows how to draw nipples though... Except you can't see I'm saying this, because I wrote it in parentheses!)
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2015, 01:35:57 PM »
Secret's safe with me, Dice.  In all seriousness, though, I do like the guy's art.  He has a distinctive style that you can easily pick out.  I'm just saying that given his track record, I wouldn't expect the modesty of a nun in the female characters.  That being said, Jessica looks disgusting.
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?