Author Topic: Langrisser: Reincarnation coming Stateside?

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: Langrisser: Reincarnation coming Stateside?
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2015, 01:08:30 PM »
The last Langrisser game that achieved critical acclaim was Langrisser 5 for the Saturn in 1997. After that, the original team migrated over to Atlus to create the Growlanser series, and later lend a hand on Devil Survivor 1&2, while Masaya outsourced Langrisser to a company called Santa Entertainment who went on to make a bad Dragon Force clone with the license for the Dreamcast. So uhh, I guess play the Atlus games if you're looking for a really great follow-up? Growlanser IV Wayfarer of Time on PSP is pretty excellent.

But really, total lol at Reincarnation. "Seek the legendary sword! The Langrisser? Nope, the Excalibur!" WAT

Don't forget the attempt Masaya made to make a Langrisser MMO. It never even got off the ground.

At least the Langrisser not being around would make sense if this game wasn't taking a massive dump over the rest of the series' lore (since it departed for its home planet at the end of Der's Good Path).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Jimmy

• Wakens the Ferine Strain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2015, 11:37:25 AM »
Wow. Sounds like this game has a lot of problems. And those battle animations were LOL worthy. I'll keep a somewhat open mind, but I guess I'll likely be passing on this one.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2016, 03:52:35 AM »

Towns Car Marty

• i'm sorry in advance
  • RPGFan's Resident Dirtbag
    • View Profile
    • MisanthroPop
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2016, 11:10:20 AM »
This game is called Langrisser Reincarnation Reincarnation.

On shelves for 36 hours and not a single review--looks like this one was sent out to die. :( Kinda sad, even if it isn't a high quality game.
how's my posting? call 1-800-pee-pee-poo-poo

EmeraldSword

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2016, 12:12:08 AM »
^ BUMP. So, has anyone played this on the 3DS, yet? So far it has a 1.5-star rating by Amazon reviewers. :*(

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2016, 01:44:28 AM »
Siliconera's been shilling this one hard. I've yet to see them post even a single negative thing about this that wasn't immediately brushed under the rug. Not the really budget feel, nor the clumsy interface, nor the awful balance, nor the lousy AI, nor the weak plot, nor even the incredibly questionable character designs. Only the parts that were lifted straight up from the older games are any good (and the music as they got the original composer back for the game, as the only original staff member on board).

Yet I'm still tempted to give this a try anyways because unfortunately, much of my experience with the game came from a Day 1 streamer who was actually, really shitty (he kept trying to use the maid in spite of the fact that the maid fell behind and he never took the time to stop and bring her back up to speed; then again, he did get the healer enough levels to the point where she just completely steamrolled the back half without even trying since the AI just kept constantly suiciding on her and her two minions).

Though on that note, even reducing the number of minions tied to a unit might have been the single idea that was an actual improvement over the original games, except that commanders' Auras are also smaller in size and the minions stats are complete garbage without said Auras, and now they don't even have sheer attrition to fall back on as a strategy. Also this is where the enemy AI fails since a unit's commander will always go first and either win the fight outright, get crippled or killed against an enemy unit since they can't hang back and have their minions do the dirty work from under their command Aura, and if a commander goes down, the entire unit goes up in smoke regardless to the presence or state of the minions (and minions are worth Exp which is of limited quantity in this game).

Edit: http://www.rpgamer.com/games/lang/lang3ds/reviews/lang3dsstrev1.html

This puts it in a far fairer light, and more concisely to boot.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 02:09:29 AM by Aeolus »

EmeraldSword

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2016, 03:56:52 PM »
Yowzas! Thanks for the followup Aeolus. I'll read that rpgamer review. Cheers!

cj_iwakura

• Wayfarer of the Time
  • Counting The Sheep
    • View Profile
    • Iwakura Productions
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2016, 08:34:15 PM »
The game's only saving grace appears to be the music. The NeoGAF thread is full of giant red flags. It just saddens me that the devs did this to Langrisser, and that Aksys thought it was worth publishing.

And Siliconera shilling is nothing new. Should've seen how hard they were pushing that damn Unsung Story KS.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2016, 02:13:23 AM »
Honestly the game itself looks pretty fine to me... avatar notwithstanding I think Langrisser as a whole.. changing styles whatever, thinking about getting it, basically.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 02:15:14 AM by Artimicia »
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Towns Car Marty

• i'm sorry in advance
  • RPGFan's Resident Dirtbag
    • View Profile
    • MisanthroPop
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2016, 04:33:24 AM »
Well, can't say you weren't warned. But you never know.

if you do get it, let us know how it is! i don't think anybody here has played it yet.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 04:42:54 AM by Towns Car Marty »
how's my posting? call 1-800-pee-pee-poo-poo

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2016, 08:00:39 AM »
Well, can't say you weren't warned. But you never know.

if you do get it, let us know how it is! i don't think anybody here has played it yet.

Yep, I'm less worried about the style and more just about the general gameplay and such... it seems like they were shaking things up on that direction in a bit of weird way.

It doesn't help also that going forward Langrisser Schwarz appears to be vaporware, I guess that just makes me even more curious. Like, it's an official release of Langrisser stateside, don't know, felt like maybe they had some enthusiasm behind the project but it's a pretty obscure series and stuff like that.

"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Der Jermeister

• Banninated
  • Mission Accomplished
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2016, 05:58:42 PM »
I'll pretty much avoid this game like the plague. I'm normally not picky about visual styles, but this game's is just lol worthy.
Public Blog
LiveJournal
RPG Reviews
DeviantArt Gallery

Every man is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts.
-Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2016, 02:20:01 AM »
I'll pretty much avoid this game like the plague. I'm normally not picky about visual styles, but this game's is just lol worthy.

Honestly, there are some quirks as people have already mentioned, but overall I kind of like it more than the original style.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2016, 10:00:12 AM »

Honestly, there are some quirks as people have already mentioned, but overall I kind of like it more than the original style.

My problem is that some of those 'quirks' involved mostly naked lolis.

That kind of crap soured me on otherwise not-terrible things like Nanoha. Just ask Annubis.

Also I preferred Urushihara's semi-outlandish/semi-ridiculous half/two-thirds-naked designs to Reincarnation Resurrection's "How to Draw Manga: Half/Two-Thirds-Naked Females Edition" style.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2016, 10:15:16 AM »
My problem is that some of those 'quirks' involved mostly naked lolis.

That kind of crap soured me on otherwise not-terrible things like Nanoha. Just ask Annubis.

It's why I have to tell people to start watching Nanoha at season 2 because season 1 is naked loli bonanza =(