Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 27, 2014, 05:10:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329731 Posts in 13517 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  4# lanruoJ emaG
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32 Print
Author Topic: 4# lanruoJ emaG  (Read 52279 times)
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2006, 12:35:43 AM »

I took a break from FFXII the last few days so I could concentrate on school. Finals, bleh...

I started it up again today, though, and played for six hours or so. I didn't touch the story line. :P

Code:
Basically, I ran around, completed a few hunts, and snagged myself three of the optional Espers. The Espers in the Zertinian Caverns and Mosphoron Highwaste were pretty easy, but Cuchulim (or whatever his name is) in the Garumsythe Waterways was definately the most challenging battle I have fought thus far in the game.
Maybe it was due to me being upprepared, but that sucker took me three tries, and half hour alone on my final try. It was an awesome feeling to finally beat him.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2006, 01:09:58 PM »

Zelda:  TP -  I must confess; I'm not much of a Zelda fan.  But I must say that so far I am enjoying the game.  
Code:
I'm in the mines right now.  It took me several tries to beat the guy in sumo wrestling.  I find it takes me several tries to do anything really; for instance the jousting match took me a handful of tries.  This is why I usually stick to RPGs folks.  

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2006, 04:23:32 PM »

Zelda most definintely gets good after the first few hours. I can't remember a Zelda that had an intro that hard, not even Oracle of Ages/Seasons. The first dungeon was rather easy by comparison, and I figured out what to do on the boss within about 5 seconds. Though Wind Waker was a lot easier to start with so I'm not complaining.
Nemmet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2006, 05:38:41 PM »

I started a new game of Final Fantasy IX last week and I'm about 30 hours in, right after
Code:
getting the Gugul stone from Oeilvert and escaping from Kuja.

I'm trying to increase my number of completed Final Fantasy games from one to two.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2006, 06:27:03 PM »

I beat Contact, and I have to say that I liked it overall.  I was worried that the dungeons were going to be far too long and complicated at one point, but somehow I never got lost.  Normally I can't stand long dungeons, but for some reason I was always able to tell where to go while completely dodging enemies.  It just flowed for me.

The touch control sucked for everything except applying stickers, which luckily was one of the only things you were actually required to use it for.

I would say that Contact is the middle-ground for PC RPGs and console RPGs.  I felt the desire to grind my stats, and when you're in that mindset, dungeons of Contact's size actually feel short.

I'm a Killer7 fan, so the complete and random disregard for fact and continuity was right up my alley.  All story elements seemed intentionally simple and only needed to be at the tip of your brain, and it all came together nicely in the end to provide deeper meaning in life.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2006, 10:11:49 PM »

Gyakuten Saiban 2- Beat it! Loved the ending, can't wait for the third/fourth one (whichever comes out in english first).

Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria-
Code:
Got to chapter five and am in the Hall of Valhalla with Arngrim back in my party. I'm proud of myself for not spoiling a ton of things for me, because the plot twists have been incredibly nifty (for example, I knew that Arngrim and Leone would leave the party at the same time, but I didn't know how (and how awesome the scene ended up being, etc). I plan to beat it over winter break and possibly try the seraphic gate.

Xenosaga III: Still in
Code:
Abel's Ark
. I'll try to beat this one, but compared to a lot of the other games on my plate right now, it's just not as fun.

PSU: Offline mode is balls--I hated it when I tried to play. Online is still wonderful, got to level 30 last time I played.

Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus: Contrary to popular opinion, I find this game quite fun, though I've only had it in my possession for about a day. Hopefully it doesn't get old fast.

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2006, 10:53:33 PM »

Just finished the
Code:
Temple of Time.

Again, I'm loving the dungeons in this game, though I can see how a lot of people may not like this one. The boss was awesome too...again. Game clock is almost to twenty-five hours. I think before I go looking for the next dungeon I'll hunt down some of the upgrades and such because 300 rupees and 30 arrows isn't quite cutting it anymore.

EDIT: I really didn't find that to be a spoiler because I was more than expecting it, but oh well, it's marked now.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2006, 11:06:44 PM »

Jim: You seriously need to mark your spoilers, or just call it by number, IE dungeon 2 or 5 or something.
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2006, 11:18:41 PM »

Yeah so that's the second time I've read that dungeon's name online thanks for the spoiler tags internet.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2006, 12:19:29 AM »

Gears of War = fucking awesome. I got it for Hannukah (damn that spelling) and I played close to the end of Act 3 over the weekend, but then I was bogged down with an enormous amount of work.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2006, 12:36:59 AM »

Quote from: "Jimmy"
EDIT: I really didn't find that to be a spoiler because I was more than expecting it, but oh well, it's marked now.

I personally wouldn't have guessed it, especially not as a dungeon, and was pretty surprised when I went there, and I knew I would not have wanted to know beforehand. :P

As for my game progress: I wound up getting into OoT anyway. I'm at the Fire Temple at the moment.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2006, 12:59:10 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Quote from: "Jimmy"

I personally wouldn't have guessed it, especially not as a dungeon, and was pretty surprised when I went there, and I knew I would not have wanted to know beforehand. :P

Eh, I guess it was just me then.

Code:
I noticed the Sacred Grove isn't really so much a grove as it is ruins when I picked up the Master Sword. I also noticed there was a portion of the map I couldn't get to, so I was expecting it. I wasn't expecting it to play out the way it did, but I thought it was obvious enough. Oh well.

Sorry for spoiling it for anyone.
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2006, 04:13:54 AM »

And for those of us who are only past the second dungeon, we can't make such guesses at all.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2006, 12:58:16 PM »

I too have just passed the second dungeon.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2006, 07:50:11 PM »

I played a few more hours in FFXII, but didn't do anything all that important.

Code:
I finished up the Giruvegan area, and am now supposed to head off to some sort of lighthouse with Reddas. I figure I'll tackle a few hunts with him in my party, maybe even give The Condemner a shot. That son of a bitch is a toughie. No magic = No fun.

Anyway, after spending a half hour running around the Paramina Rift trying to find Fafnir (it's a hunt), I just turned it off out of total boredom. Gosh I hate being mislead by NPCs...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: