Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 02, 2014, 02:53:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
328023 Posts in 13432 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  4# lanruoJ emaG
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] Print
Author Topic: 4# lanruoJ emaG  (Read 51769 times)
Krelian

pmtome@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: April 02, 2007, 06:28:17 PM »

Finished wild arms f with some secrets unlocked, but not all, make lvl on that game kick my ass of complete it 100%, anyway was good though.
And now start to play gurumin on psp, so playable and funny xd, just finished the pimento mountain xD

Sona mi areru ec sancitu
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: April 02, 2007, 06:41:10 PM »

So Steambot Chronicles has the worst vocal tunes in the history of video gamedom.  I'm naturally opposed to 99% of the types of sung songs found in games anyway, but I don't see how anybody could disagree with my assesment this time.  The lyrics are miserable and the singer sounds like she deepthroated a porcupine before she hit the studio to sing the tripe.

It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to hear the shit all the fucking time, but you do.  Horrible.  The rest of the game makes up for it somewhat, but if I have to hear many more emo lyrics about an angel's wings getting ripped off, I'm gonna lose it. :P

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 02, 2007, 06:51:11 PM »

Quote from: "The Darkrider"
The rest of the game makes up for it somewhat, but if I have to hear many more emo lyrics about an angel's wings getting ripped off, I'm gonna lose it. :P

More games need songs about eating tree frogs.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: April 02, 2007, 06:55:41 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Quote from: "The Darkrider"
The rest of the game makes up for it somewhat, but if I have to hear many more emo lyrics about an angel's wings getting ripped off, I'm gonna lose it. :P

More games need songs about eating tree frogs.

I swear to God, this game makes Tree Frog sound like a Beatles tune. :P

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: April 02, 2007, 07:00:59 PM »

Honestly, I thought the lyrics and vocals, while cheesy didn't bug me much at all. Then again, I am the guy who thinks the Baten Kaitos dub isn't horrifying :p. The only vocal who I did think sucked was Fennals, and his song is hilariously bad. I dare you to do the sidequest for him to hear it out of sheer amusement if you haven't done it.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: April 03, 2007, 11:09:45 AM »

Wow.  Steambot Chronicles wedges more melodrama into the last fifteen or twenty minutes than most games do in their entirety.  I hope that was the bad ending. :P

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: April 03, 2007, 12:47:29 PM »

Quote from: "TurnBasedDude"
The only vocal who I did think sucked was Fennals, and his song is hilariously bad. I dare you to do the sidequest for him to hear it out of sheer amusement if you haven't done it.

Was this the guy that left the group whom you can find at the hotel?  If so you are spot on about the horrificness of his vocals.  My ears were bleeding!  I'd rather listen to Sanjaya on American Idol than the sounds that were coming out of the character's mouth.  Truely dreadful.  

Anyways in Rogue Galaxy I got the skittle's sword and am on my way to do the final battle.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: April 03, 2007, 01:17:02 PM »

Quote from: "CluelessWonder"
Quote from: "TurnBasedDude"
The only vocal who I did think sucked was Fennals, and his song is hilariously bad. I dare you to do the sidequest for him to hear it out of sheer amusement if you haven't done it.

Was this the guy that left the group whom you can find at the hotel?  If so you are spot on about the horrificness of his vocals.  My ears were bleeding!  I'd rather listen to Sanjaya on American Idol than the sounds that were coming out of the character's mouth.  Truely dreadful.

Bingo, the guy with the shades.

On topic: Played Ys Origins (yet again) with the unlocked character. I really like his attacks and abilities, and got to the second dungeon (sort of.)

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #473 on: April 03, 2007, 03:48:03 PM »

I just played the demo version of Puzzle Quest for PC (yeah, slow day at work.)  I dig puzzle games like Bejeweled and I like RPGs, but I wasn't really feeling Puzzle Quest.  It's fun with great mechanics and some nice nonlinearity, but I didn't like that the AI is absolutely merciless.  Even on the introductory battles, the computer could pull off and chain combos like mad whereas I couldn't.  I felt the computer was cheap and often cheated.  

Were the computer AI less cheap, I'd have liked the game much better.

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: April 04, 2007, 06:50:24 AM »

More FFTA....Might start playing BK again tonight as well as FFV Advanced...
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: