Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 05:50:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330171 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  4# lanruoJ emaG
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32 Print
Author Topic: 4# lanruoJ emaG  (Read 52350 times)
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2006, 05:29:32 PM »

Yea, I most definitely rushed through the game. I think the game clock was only around twelve hours when I made it to the third dungeon. I took my time until I made it to the second dungeon, then I realized how well the dungeons were designed and just wanted to keep progressing. I didn't even bother finding any upgrades until after I had finished the sixth dungeon.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2006, 05:57:17 PM »

...I hope you guys are enjoying the new Zelda.  I really do.  And when I say "are enjoying the new Zelda", I mean "choke to death on your father's semen".

(Can you tell I undertook another fruitless search for the Cube version today? :P)

I went back to my second time around in good ol' FFXII.  Made it back to Raithwall's tomb.  Unlike the last time I played, I'm dicking around with specilization:  I'm making Fran my dagger using, shield bearing "tank" (for lack of a better term), I have Basch with heavy armor and swinging away with a spear, and I have Penelo using a staff and pulling black mage duty.  It's a little harder this way than my old "LOL swords all over" method from the last time, but I like it a little better. :P

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2006, 07:09:22 PM »

12 hours into Children of Mana.  I'll hopefully be done with this soon so I can do the writeup for the site and start playing those Hirameki games I really want to play.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2006, 08:51:24 PM »

Quote from: "The Darkrider"
...I hope you guys are enjoying the new Zelda.  I really do.  And when I say "are enjoying the new Zelda", I mean "choke to death on your father's semen".

(Can you tell I undertook another fruitless search for the Cube version today? :P)

Do I need to snag one for you?

I guess it could be a Festivus gift for you. Only if you beat me in the feats of strength.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2006, 09:28:10 PM »

Quote from: "The Darkrider"

And I look in here after posting in the TP thread. I, uhhh, guess your local Targets and whatnot aren't as lucky afterall, huh?

Downloaded the Oblivion thing, will look at it later. I may just take a break until Christmas comes.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2006, 12:08:43 AM »

I'm hunting down all the upgrades in Twilight Princess. I've found all the bomb bag upgrades, got the giant quiver, and the giant wallet. Though I will admit I cheated and used a FAQ so I could get the wallet and will probably be doing the same with the Poe Souls. I've been using the fortune-teller to hunt down all the pieces of heart, and I now only have fourteen left.

Code:
Racing Yeta was goddamn hard! I eventually said fuck it and started wacking her with my sword and managed to win. This heart piece alone probably took me forty-five minutes.

The others have all been pretty easy. Game clock is currently somewhere over thirty-eight hours.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2006, 12:21:22 AM »

As for that heart piece Jimmy:
Code:
I only tried about 3 times. But that was because I had been mistakenly racing Yeto over and over, thinking he'd give the heart piece. Then I gave up, took a peek in a Faq to find out what the time I had to get was... Then found out I had to just race Yeta instead, and did so. Turned Yeto into an unintentional training mode. :P
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2006, 05:00:03 AM »

More Okami:

Code:
Beat Ninetails. Loved this fight. Now I'm off to the Northern Lands, apparently.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2006, 03:35:36 AM »

All the heart pieces in Twilight Princess = found.

I looked at a FAQ for collecting Poe Souls and decided I'm not going to bother with them.

Code:
All that's left is the big endurance test in the Cave of Ordeals which I might possibly do on Christmas Day. If not then it will probably wait until Wednesday.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2006, 02:57:47 PM »

Quote from: "Jimmy"
All the heart pieces in Twilight Princess = found.

I looked at a FAQ for collecting Poe Souls and decided I'm not going to bother with them.

Code:
All that's left is the big endurance test in the Cave of Ordeals which I might possibly do on Christmas Day. If not then it will probably wait until Wednesday.

Code:
It's honestly more a test of patience :/

I can't say for sure because I didn't finish it, but after getting halfway through and not taking any damage I decided it wasn't worth the time.

[/url]
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2006, 03:00:44 PM »

Quote from: "everluck"
Code:

I can't say for sure because I didn't finish it, but after getting halfway through and not taking any damage I decided it wasn't worth the time.

It starts off easy, but later on...
Code:
you fight two darknuts towards the end, then the last battle has /3/. If that last one seriously isn't hard for you, then you have to be a fucking god at Zelda combat or something.
V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: December 25, 2006, 01:59:11 AM »

Finished Gears of War, albeit on Casual. Good game, but I don't really have any interest in playing through it again on another difficulty level.

Will probably finally put in some hours into Zelda - passed that rather annoying intro and am about to deliver something to the princess or something.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: December 25, 2006, 02:03:53 AM »

Beat Zelda, clocking in around 42hrs.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: December 25, 2006, 01:30:58 PM »

Got to the desert on Zelda, and I have more than 10 poe souls. I don't know what everyone's finding so difficult about them.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: December 25, 2006, 01:53:24 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Quote from: "everluck"
Code:

It starts off easy, but later on...
Code:
you fight two darknuts towards the end, then the last battle has /3/. If that last one seriously isn't hard for you, then you have to be a fucking god at Zelda combat or something.

I found all the upgrades and heart pieces and tackled it.

Code:
I have to say I was fairly disappointed. I seem to remember the one in Wind Waker being more fun and challenging than this one. This one was easy, even the Darknuts are easy once you figure out the pattern for beating them. Really the only trouble I had was when I hastily jumped into a room full of Gibdos.

After that I went and explored the rest of the final dungeon and finished the game again. Total play time was just around 42 hours having done everything but collect Poe Souls.

As for the Poe Souls:

Code:
It isn't so much they're hard to collect, but the ends of collecting more than 20 doesn't justify the means. Up to 20 is most definitely worth it, but after that, IMO, it isn't.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: