Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 10:52:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334496 Posts in 13702 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  4# lanruoJ emaG
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 32 Print
Author Topic: 4# lanruoJ emaG  (Read 52738 times)
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunderthumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2007, 10:27:06 AM »

I'm about 7 hours into Rocket Slime DS and about 5 or so into Tales of Phantasia GBA.  Road trips are great times to game.  

Current verdict: Rocket Slime is really fun.  Tales of Phantasia is another 2006 disappointment.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: January 02, 2007, 11:00:16 AM »

I beat Okami with about 61 hours on the clock. Tons of stuff I never got to, like the wanted lists, misc. Dojo skills, etc. ect. WONderful game.
Tried out Zelda: TP(GC) for about an hour. Lame beginning, but that is to be expected. I'll get back to this later.
Now playing FFXII - Goddman this game is overwhelming! The first city is so huge and.....bustling! Lots of stuff to do and see. Hopefully, it retains a sense of linearity, though, or I will be in trouble. I hate games with TOO much to do and no true focus(PC rpgs...yuck) I AM impressed so far.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2007, 11:58:47 AM »

Quote from: "Cauton"
Okami:

Just beat this at ~32h or so. What a thoroughly beautiful game it was. I sat with tears in my eyes during the final part of the final battle. It's such a shame that Clover Studios was disbanded - Okami's ending made a fine job of both being conclusive, as well as setting up things for a sequel. Too bad we will probably never seen an Okami 2 now.

I agree on every point. The final battle sequence was the first time I had shed a tear while playing a video game.

I have a lot of option stuff still undone, and I will have to go back to game pretty soon. I never managed to find the technique/skill that let your break all those rocks that have something glowy inside of them, for an example...

Those are Celestial Brush upgrades. You can find the first in North Ryoshima Coast, and the second near the Ark of Yamato. Be sure to bring A LOT of yen.

As for me, I've made a rushed second playthrough of Twilight Princess. Finished it in seventeen hours. Final impressions are still forthcoming.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2007, 12:03:08 PM »

FFXII question for those of you who played it all:

Can you find dual wielding on the license board somewhere?  Some of the weapons like daggers and ninja swords (haven't seen any yet) seem like they are good candidates for that.

Right now I'm playing FF12, FF3, and Zelda: TP.  Loving them all.  FF3 is having it's annoying moments, but it's overall pretty cool.  My only job complaint is that it seems like anyone can dual wield.  I don't see a point in equipping a shield for +3 defense (at the moment) when I can equip a weapon for a lot more.  I wish they restricted it so that only certain classes could do it.  Oh well, minor complaint.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2007, 01:02:17 PM »

Quote from: "Akanbe-"

Can you find dual wielding on the license board somewhere?

Nope.

Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2007, 02:18:47 PM »

My only job complaint is that it seems like anyone can dual wield.  I don't see a point in equipping a shield for +3 defense (at the moment) when I can equip a weapon for a lot more.  I wish they restricted it so that only certain classes could do it.  Oh well, minor complaint.

I was reading through the strategy guide and found out that there's a job class called Viking.  This alone is awesome, but apparently they can dual wield shields.  Freakin' sweet.

Also, since I have the chance to rant..I've seen the same complaint on FF12's message boards.  People complain that the license grid makes everybody the same at the end of the game and they wish that the characters had a more specific role.  I understand that from a traditional RPG perspective, it's something most people want.  But at the same time, why do people not welcome the freedom to customize their characters anyway they want?  I think it's dumb to want less freedom solely based on the fact that people can't show self control and not make all of their characters the exact same at the end of the game.

FF8 did it first for me, I had complete control over almost everything.  I could boost any stat I wanted for any boss fight at any point in the game simply by junctioning spells.  Just because in FF12 everybody is capable of using any spell/any weapon, definitely doesn't mean I'm going to sit there and give them all the same crap.  It's definitely better to have the freedom to customize your characters, rather then be stuck with shitty characters at the end of the game.

everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2007, 05:48:45 PM »

Quote from: "The Darkrider"
Quote from: "Akanbe-"

Can you find dual wielding on the license board somewhere?

Nope.

Balls. I've been hoping for that since the beginning.

Seriously, why can
Code:
Larsa
do it if you can't?

[/url]
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: January 02, 2007, 08:38:21 PM »

Fuck me, Valkyrie Profile 2 is hard as hell.  Every time I hit a new area, I get repeatedly trounced.  I've never seen anything like it.

I just cleared this place filled with lightning from above and poisoned water below.  I struggled through that place for 45 minutes (it's like ten screens big :P), then stepped foot in the next area and got fucking murdered.

I think it's time I went back to WoW. :P

Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2007, 08:59:40 PM »

So the only game I've been playing of late is WoW.

I've gotten my Norg character to level 4, my Dark Iron guy to level 2 (sadness) and my Shadowsong character to level 9.

I'd be spening more time on Norgannon and Dark Iron if SOMEONE weren't offline every freakin time I check, TODD...

V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2007, 10:49:02 PM »

I got all these games I bought but have yet to play/finish and here I am replaying FFIX. About 13 hours in, on the second disc.  I almost forgot how much I love this game. The script is just awesome and filled with a lot of humor. I actually find myself chuckling quite a few times throughout at some of the dialogue.  And the character cast is probably the most likeable of any RPG I can remember. Come to think of it, this is probably the only RPG aside from FFVI that I even attempted to replay.
Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2007, 12:04:34 AM »

Game ADD struck again.

Yoshi's Island DS:

Code:
World 3-5. I enjoyed it on the SNES, and I like this version, too.

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin:

Code:
I made it to the second Portrait. But, I keep dying at one point or another. Bollocks.

Wild ARMs 4:
Picked this up for some strange reason. It's been sitting in my collection collecting dust. Ah well.

Code:
Made it to the White Orphanage and beat Jeremey again. Now at the "trap" area, whatever it's called, at the save point.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: January 03, 2007, 12:14:21 AM »

Quote from: "The Darkrider"
Fuck me, Valkyrie Profile 2 is hard as hell.  Every time I hit a new area, I get repeatedly trounced.  I've never seen anything like it.

I just cleared this place filled with lightning from above and poisoned water below.  I struggled through that place for 45 minutes (it's like ten screens big :P), then stepped foot in the next area and got fucking murdered.

I think it's time I went back to WoW. :P

yeah i found that too. it seems like a lot of dungeons lately the sealstones are stacked against you,but by the time you get to the boss you can make sealstone setups that make the boss a cakewalk. in that place i put a stone in a dias that make enemies attack with earth element. plus i left the lightning blessing in it's dias so all the enemies attacked for half damage and you get a lot of earth protection gear there. btw chapter 3 is way to fucking long! :o

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: January 03, 2007, 01:22:18 AM »

Quote from: "Dave"
I'd be spening more time on Norgannon and Dark Iron if SOMEONE weren't offline every freakin time I check, TODD...

Sorry........sorry.........

sorry......

<3

Send Dagg a /tell in game btw....he's Bahgtru.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: January 03, 2007, 01:28:34 AM »

VP2 is such a bad ass game. I really enjoyed the hell out of out, all the way through. I really wasnt up to speed as to what happened in VP1, but I still really liked it. Call me corny if you will, but VP2 was a game that 100% off my radar for whatever reason, and it came out and just hooked me. I bought it on a complete whim, and I do not regret it at all.

I swear I was not paid money to type that either.^^

Anywho, I kinda blew up my good PC up. Its really kinda embarrassing how I did it, but its dead none the less. So on my other PC, I am playing a lot of Titan Quest. I really like it so far. I am just getting to Delphi.

sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: January 03, 2007, 02:26:39 AM »

I think I need to restart Final Fantasy X-2, lol. I tried to beat the game as fast as possible and reached the final boss, but found out I was severely underleveled and didn't have the proper equipment. The status ailments were really killing me, and it didn't help that there was a time limit to the boss. I'll restart the game and actually try to go for 100% my next playthrough.

For now, I'm putting that on hold and playing FFXII. About 8 hours in and really liking it so far. I got kinda sidetracked with the Hunts. Gonna get back on track with the story my next play.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: