Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 05:24:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330103 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  4# lanruoJ emaG
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32 Print
Author Topic: 4# lanruoJ emaG  (Read 52325 times)
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: January 03, 2007, 09:51:19 PM »

My first post of the new Journal and it's already 8 pages in. Wow.

Anyways, I went away on vacation for a good long while, starting the Saturday before Xmas and ending today, so I haven't been playing much except for Gears of War (fucking awesome, early Xmas gift), Castlevania: PoR (stuck before final boss, working on gaining levels, Xmas gift), and FF3 (just got first job crystal, can't decide on jobs). I haven't touched Zelda in a little bit, leaving me at the beginning of the Water Temple, and FFXII remains unplayed since the Wii launch at 2.5 hours. I really need to stop buying games for a little while and beat the ones I have.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2007, 10:58:37 PM »

I did something completely unexpected today.

I booted up my PSP.

We got a reviewable for an upcoming Atlus title (You have to guess which... but it's not a tough guess), and it has a lot of potential.  For once, a PSP game doesn't have massive load times!

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2007, 11:29:37 PM »

I was feeling like some Rogue Leader so I popped it in today and played for a little while. It was kind of funny actually, I was just planning to play for fun but pulled off two gold medals. The first was on the Death Star Escape level and the second was on the badass Razor Rendezvous level. I was very pleased to say the least. I only have two levels (aside from Endurance) now that I don't have gold medals for.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: January 04, 2007, 12:33:46 AM »

about valkyrie profile 2. chapter 3 was a massive borefest but it ended on a good note and chapter 4 is made of fucking win. events from both games are starting to intersect. Hrist/Ahly is easily the prettiest of the 3 valkyries and im starting to understand her true motivation.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: January 04, 2007, 02:50:07 AM »

I decided to finish off Final Fantasy XII today, as I haven't really played it in a while. I wanted to finish off the sidequests and whatnot before tackling the final dungeon, but I just said 'screw it' and beat it anyway.

Excellent ending to an excellent game. The ending cutscenes were awesome, and they even managed to get me a bit emotional, which is odd, since I was never too attached to the characters. But I have to say, it was a very satisfying ending.

I also watched the bonus DVD that came with the collectors edition. Good stuff, though it wasn't worth the extra ten bucks. :P

What's next? I'll keep going through Final Fantasy III, but since Rogue Galaxy doesn't come out until the end of the month, I'll probably keep up this FF streak and replay FFIX. Either that, or I'll give Shadow Hearts: Covenant another play through.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: January 04, 2007, 11:26:20 AM »

PSU -  I'm in Chapter 8 now but it's been a while and I forgot what was going on.  So I just did a free mission last night.  I'm not going to exercise tonight so perhaps I'll have time to devote to it.  I really need to play  FFXII  before Rouge Galaxy and Ar Tonelico come out.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: January 04, 2007, 01:52:40 PM »

FFXII - I'm loving this game so far, and I'm only 6 hours into it.
I spent a good amount of time wandering the Estersand and the Giza Plains. Now I'm starting up the "sewer" dungeon, or whatever it's called.
Can someone tell me when I get to start messing around with gambits? Even when I had Panello(sp?) I was unable to do so.
Also, when battling, does your placement have any effect on damage? Seems to me that running around doesn't really do anything. This is really just ATB with pointless movement control. I still like it, though. It's fun.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: January 04, 2007, 02:00:56 PM »

To put it in a non spoilerish way, you won't get to mess around with gambits until you have 3 people total in your party.

As for positioning, so far it hasn't seemed to make any difference to me.  The only time I've noticed it having any matter is some spells seem to have a LOS (line of sight - think some of grandia's spells) where you can minimize the damage by having it only hit one person in the line instead of your whole party.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: January 04, 2007, 05:42:09 PM »

I just started playing VP2. Love it so far.

One question though. Can I not tell how much HP damage I do to the enemy? I know that it shows the bar of their health as it does down, but it doesn't show in numbers how much damage I'm actually doing.

Haha. I just found it. It shows it in small numbers right next to that bar as you hit. I could barely see it.

I shouldn't have started playing this game. I did what I normally do. I get to the end of a game and I don't finish. This time it was with DDS1. I know I'll go back and finish, but I died the last time after an hour of grinding and I got so frustrated that I didn't want to play again.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: January 04, 2007, 07:08:47 PM »

Quote from: "Fadedsun"

I shouldn't have started playing this game. I did what I normally do. I get to the end of a game and I don't finish. This time it was with DDS1. I know I'll go back and finish, but I died the last time after an hour of grinding and I got so frustrated that I didn't want to play again.

Go beat DDS1. It is awesome.

I am level 21 in Titan Quest and I just got to Egypt. My hunter/rogue wtf pwns everything. I cant wait unti it gets hard. Still, something in my sick mind just likes walking around like the Terminator and one shotting everything.

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: January 05, 2007, 10:13:12 AM »

I'm about 8 hours into Rocket Slime.  Man that game is fun.  Most pleasant surprise of 2006 for me.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: January 05, 2007, 01:27:41 PM »

...I passed the last colossus in SoTC...and just as the ending clip began...BLACKOUT.

;__;

I'm too disheartened to try again so soon. It wasn't a difficult fight, but I've had enough of all that bloody climbing and stabbing to last me more than a fortnight!

Began playing Beyond Good & Evil from the beginning again. I've played it before, up until a certain point, but stopped and deleted my save. No idea why. I love this game!

Code:
In the bed with IRIS and I have to go complete the mission agent double H was supposed to have done.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: January 05, 2007, 04:52:19 PM »

Yay, Zelda!  I can abandon my plan to burn down Nintendo H.Q. now.

I'm already at the Forest Temple.  That wolf shit lasted entirely too long, but I'd rather do two hours of that than two minutes of boating. :P

ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: January 05, 2007, 05:01:45 PM »

Finished Zelda at just under 60 hours. I really couldn't be bothered finishing all the sidequests - I think all the pieces of heart and upgraded quiver and bomb bags was enough.

Just started on Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. It's good so far, but I can't help thinking that it's just a bit too short. I mean, within less than 3 hours I've already killed 3 bosses and explored 47% of the map - that's quite a bit of the game gone, right?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 05, 2007, 07:55:19 PM »

More progress in Bully and FFIII. Got the airship for real (I think) in FFIII, and about to
Code:
go on a date at the carnival
in Bully. Bully's probably the best GTA-type game since GTA3, half because for once it's not some gang/mafia bullshit. I suppose Steambot Chronicles could be better, but that's drastically different from the demo I played, and any similarities are apparently coincidental.

I also played more Magical Starsign, CV:PoR, and tried to play some Contact. Magical Starsign seems like it's surprisingly fun, and in a way the closest I'll probably ever get to a decent new Mana game at this point. Just general progress in CV:PoR, but not up to the second portrait yet. Contact is still sorta-kinda fun when I play, but ultimately not gripping. I want to at least beat it someday, I'm guessing I was half way through before I stopped.

Edit: Looking at a faq quickly, it looks like I'm exactly at the midway point.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: