Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 02:33:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319641 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  4# lanruoJ emaG
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 32 Print
Author Topic: 4# lanruoJ emaG  (Read 50618 times)
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: January 06, 2007, 12:06:18 AM »

Quote from: "The Darkrider"
Yay, Zelda!  I can abandon my plan to burn down Nintendo H.Q. now.

Building 4800 is NOT where I work.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: January 06, 2007, 02:23:36 AM »

im currently in chapter 6 of valkyrie profile. 2 things:
chapter 5 is made of win
the first time i saw alicia and rufus use thier upgraded soul crushes near the end of chapter 5 i had multiple orgasms.

and now in chapter 6. im proveded with the characters to make a party that is quite possibly the most powerful party ever assembled in rpg history.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: January 06, 2007, 11:22:49 PM »

I made it through the desert in Twilight Princess.  That dungeon was a fucking breeze compared to the Lakebed Temple.  That place wasn't hard, per se, but it damn sure was time consuming.

I also wasted about 2000 rupies buying that shitty money-sucking armor.  Why the hell can't they just give out fucking red rings like they used to? :P

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 06, 2007, 11:42:35 PM »

I also wasted about 2000 rupies buying that shitty money-sucking armor.  Why the hell can't they just give out fucking red rings like they used to? :P

So money actually has a point. Have fun getting 100 rupees constantly and having nothing to spend them on!

Edit: Meant to say constantly instead of consistantly, but I suppose that's valid too actually.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: January 07, 2007, 12:51:55 AM »

I finished Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops and Jeanne d'Arc a while ago.

Working on Wild Arms 5 and Dawn of Mana now.

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: January 07, 2007, 10:13:34 AM »

Just hit disk 2 in Xenosaga episode III.  Man, this game kick some serious ass.  So far I'm liking it more than Xenogears.  Yeah, I went there.  I hope the second half doesn't disappoint, hehe. :(

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: January 07, 2007, 11:21:46 AM »

FFXII. Making slow progress on this game, but I'm not minding it. Characters are at 20+ levels, with the three men being highest at level 26.

Code:
We've met the Garif and consequently, Larsa. Going to the forest led us to Fran's village and then the mines. Henne Mines was short, although I could've done without the flans.

I was rather impatient when I saw them and summoned Belias. Anyways, long story short, I've got the Tears to get me through the forest and to the mountain Larsa's taking us to.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2007, 01:47:48 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"

So money actually has a point. Have fun getting 100 rupees constantly and having nothing to spend them on!

Edit: Meant to say constantly instead of consistantly, but I suppose that's valid too actually.

Money did have a point you bitches; it cost one rupee to shoot an arrow dammit!
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: January 07, 2007, 04:27:30 PM »

I just beat Rocket Slime for DS.  I was surprised at how good the game was.  Definitely the most pleasant surprise of 2006.

I approve of this nonsense!
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: January 07, 2007, 11:21:58 PM »

Twilight Princess:  I'm waving my rod all around Hyrule Field.  Just another day at the office. :P

everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: January 08, 2007, 03:01:44 AM »

I keep trying to play FFXII, but with Viva Pinata, Rainbow Six Vegas, and Gears of War begging for attention I can't bring myself to sit down and play it. My X Box 360 is just more immediately engaging<33

Maybe when school starts back up and not as many friends are on X Box Live. I want to finish it, but it's so long. And I don't just want to skip all the hunts.

[/url]
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: January 08, 2007, 03:08:18 AM »

i saw a commercial for viva pinata this morning and i thought it was funny.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: January 08, 2007, 11:41:02 AM »

FFXII - Enjoying it quite a bit.
Code:
I'me saved a little bit after you get Basch

I'm definitely liking how the gambits work. I prefer to keep the gambits off of Vaan, though. I would assume most folks who play the game keep gambits off the character they control, and on for everyone else? I feel more involved that way. I love how this system feels so action-oriented, despite not being so. Battles can get pretty intense.
With the license board, I'm trying to have everyone do different things, but Imagine they will all end up with most of the same stuff in the end.

edit: I bought Nan a copy of Harvest Moon: A wonderful Life for Christmas. She is addicted to it. Just finished up the first year and married the redhead.
NOT a game I would ever play, but she seems to really like it.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: January 08, 2007, 12:25:30 PM »

You'll control Vaan yourself until later in the game most likely.  Later on, most battles can be beat with everybody on gambits, as long as you have your gambits set up nicely.  Essentially in the end the most efficient way to deal damage is to buff one character with the other 2 and keep the buffed characted berserked and equipped with the hardest hitting weapons you have.

I beat FF12 and loved the game itself.  The storyline is a little lacking.  It's a good storyline, but it doesn't flesh itself out as much as I would have liked.  On to FF3 I go.

everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: January 08, 2007, 12:27:53 PM »

I keep gambits on everyone at almost all times, just changing around the order of gambits for situations or areas (all stealing if an enemy has a good weapon, magic for flying types, etc.). That way I can pretty easily switch between characters, and even when I'm choosing an option my in-control character can still be fighting.

Active mode is brutal.

[/url]
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: