Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 09:35:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334531 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  4# lanruoJ emaG
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 32 Print
Author Topic: 4# lanruoJ emaG  (Read 52746 times)
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: January 08, 2007, 03:03:48 PM »

I manually controlled Vaan for the whole game, for I knew that it'd get beyond boring if I let the computer handle the entire game for me. The other two characters' Gambits were set up the same way for pretty much the entire game, and the only times I really changed my formulas were to adapt to the different status effects during boss battles, and even then, I was only switching around one or two Gambits tops.
Active mode kept me on my toes too.

Anyway, I started up a new file on FFIX. I've decided to use an entirely new party this time around, and since I've never really given Freya, Eiko, Quina, or Amarant a chance to fight in my past play throughs, I'm definately going to include three of them in my main party. Too bad I can't switch out Zidane.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: January 08, 2007, 05:01:34 PM »

FFIII : hehe, I love this game.  The simplicity takes me back, and great for an on the road type thing (it takes me an hour to get to school anyways).  The classes are wicked fun too.  Dialogue is horrible however. :P

Kirby Squeek Squad: its a kirby game, whats not to love?

Baten Kaitos II: I picked this up again, being deprived of a GC controller... I love it.  This sleeper hit need more attention.  I could listen to Guillo talk all day.

Zelda TP: I got up to the Twilight Castle... and I get intimidated by bosses with twenty-eight forms.  Doing extra stuff and all that jazz.  The magic armor is a waste...

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: January 08, 2007, 06:32:40 PM »

Twilight Princess:  Well, the boss fight in the sky city has now become my favorite fight in the series.  Totally awesome.

I got about a room into the Twilight Castle when I realized this was gonna be a long one, so I bailed. :P

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: January 08, 2007, 11:59:30 PM »

Double posting, because this deserves its own.

Twilight Princess mini ending rant:

Code:
How in the FUCK can you show Ganon standing upright with a sword through his fucking chest, cut away, and then NEVER SHOW HIM AGAIN?  Seriously, did I miss something there or what?  Talk about a fucking anticlimax.

Other than that shit, I'm quite pleased with the end result.  I think this might end up being my favorite Zelda of all.  I still need a little time to reflect on it, though. :P

Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: January 09, 2007, 02:56:10 AM »

I've decided to restart FF9 until my friend lends me his FF12.  Definitely glad I'm replaying 9.  It's the only one of the series 7+, that I haven't played more than once.  It's nice not remembering a thing and having it feel like a new experience.  Right now I'm on the second disc and just got to Treno for the first time.
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: January 09, 2007, 05:23:08 AM »

CV: PoR -
Code:
just beat Death, who was much easier than in DoS (I never needed a potion).
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: January 12, 2007, 02:03:40 AM »

Valkyrie Profile 2 - I just started Chapter 6...and got three insanely powerful characters in a row.  I almost hate to ditch the guys I've been hauling around since Chapter 3, but I'd be foolish not to. :P

V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: January 12, 2007, 03:53:01 AM »

On disc 3 in FFIX. This game is just as enjoyable the second time around.

Started up Zelda again after putting it off for a few weeks. Anyways, I'm about to enter the first real dungeon, I think, about 3 or so hours in. Is it just me or does the targeting system really suck when it comes to those Midna assisted jumps? I keep targeting enemies by mistake and falling to my death.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: January 12, 2007, 04:02:05 AM »

Never had a single problem with those Midna jumps.

Finished off Viva Pinata as best I could in three days. Got all but 3 or 4 pinatas and am only missing one achievement. Currently level 54.

Almost finished Rainbow Six Vegas... first mission of the last chapter now, shooting up the tourist station on some bridge in Nevada.

Still haven't gotten any farther in FFXII. I want to, but I dunno. The game is fun, it's involving and all that, but it doesn't win out when I'm given the option of the other quality titles I've been obsessing with lately.

I just realized my little brother got Shadow of the Colossus for Christmas. Excited about starting that, probably in a week or two.

Oh, and Castlevania: SotN is being released on X Box Live Arcade. The whole game. Another reason the 360 is up there with the SNES as my all-time favorite gaming console.

[/url]
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 12, 2007, 05:12:56 AM »

Quote from: "everluck"
Another reason the 360 is up there with the SNES as my all-time favorite gaming console.

It seems /way/ too early to say that, since they could always stagnate after this, or die prematurely as Microsoft tries to jump the gun again on the next generation. Nevertheless, the 360 is a system I'd like to have succeed, since Microsoft is a more appealing company to me than Sony.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: January 12, 2007, 07:42:20 AM »

Beyond Good & Evil.

Code:
Out of the Factory...used the keys from the mission to access a few places in Pedestrian district and 'recover' some pearls that the Alpha sections had hidden away.  

Really enjoying myself. Next, I have to get into the Slaughterhouses during a race. The idea of doing so frustrates me-- I'm horrible when it comes to racing parts of any game.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunderthumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: January 12, 2007, 08:31:40 AM »

Just remember, Nuri
Code:
During the race, hug the left wall like your life depends on it, because that's where the secret entrance to the slaughterhouse is.  I must have raced a billion times before finding it the first time.  I had loads of fun with the races (I love racing games after all) but eventually I was like "so... when can I continue with the plot?"  

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: January 12, 2007, 04:39:30 PM »

Still Playing Guitar Hero II and I also just ran out and bought one of the few remaining copies of the original at Wal-Mart since EB Games told me it's now out of print.  I guess that the 360 version is getting around 10 new songs...and 'The Trooper' is one of them! \m/

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #163 on: January 12, 2007, 05:28:33 PM »

Quote from: "Esper_Crusader"
Still Playing Guitar Hero II and I also just ran out and bought one of the few remaining copies of the original at Wal-Mart since EB Games told me it's now out of print.  I guess that the 360 version is getting around 10 new songs...and 'The Trooper' is one of them! \m/

Your EBGames lied to you.  There's no way GH is out of print, especially seeing as Activision paid somewhere around $180 million for RedOctane - they are going to milk this shit as much as they can.  Most stores got a huge shipment before Christmas.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 12, 2007, 07:36:09 PM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"
Quote from: "Esper_Crusader"

Your EBGames lied to you.  There's no way GH is out of print, especially seeing as Activision paid somewhere around $180 million for RedOctane - they are going to milk this shit as much as they can.  Most stores got a huge shipment before Christmas.

I'd MAYBE believe the original, but the sequel? No fucking way, I think it takes longer for fucking Atlus games to go out of print. :P
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: