Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 03:53:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330170 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  4# lanruoJ emaG
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 32 Print
Author Topic: 4# lanruoJ emaG  (Read 52345 times)
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: January 16, 2007, 06:46:48 PM »

2 hours into Shadow of the Colossus and four collosi down.

It's an alright game; it looks beautiful, but the graphics are marred by the terrible load-in (I daresay it's the worst I've ever seen in any game, bar none) for objects. The controls bother me. Or more specifically, the camera controls bother me. No, not bother; they frustrate the hell out of me.

I was expecting more.

edit:
Admittedly, it does have the best animations I've seen from a PS2 game.

[/url]
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 16, 2007, 08:33:37 PM »

Beat Elite Beat Agents. That last song was fucking hard as hell, but at least I actually got past it. Probably won't bother with the harder difficulty much, though I'd kinda like to unlock the other songs sometime.

God of War was $15 at Target, so I picked it up. Enjoying it, though it annoys me sometimes, especially with how easily it can be to get instantly killed at times.

Edit: While obviously not the best, and really annoying at times, I think SotC's controls are necessary for the /experience/. Can't really expect to be able to easily climb a thrashing giant afterall. :P
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: January 16, 2007, 09:30:16 PM »

The rest of the controls are mostly fine. It's just juggling the damn camera that gets to me.

[/url]
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: January 16, 2007, 10:40:05 PM »

I've been playing through the third disc on Final Fantasy IX and eventually realized that I completely skipped the whole Chocobo Forest sidesquest...thing, so I went ahead and spent an hour or so digging up Chocographs and hunting down their locations.
Chocobo Hot and Cold is the biggest waste of time ever, but I promised myself that I'd attempt at buckling down and completing it entirely since I've never bothered to do it in the past.

Thank god I'm not doing the same with Tetra Master :P
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: January 16, 2007, 11:39:33 PM »

I've been playing some 'Lost Planet' on the 360 and I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand it's a good looking game with probably the best explosions and smoke effects I've ever seen in a game but once you get past the moderately impressive visuals it seems very 'by-the-numbers'. It's entertaining enough but it feels really unbalanced at times with crazy spikes in difficulty and segments where you're being shot up by enemies with rocket launches from a couple of miles down the road. I dunno...just seems like the targeting system could have used a little more work and some kind of scope on the main machine gun would have helped.

Oh, and the story is...not really there.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: January 17, 2007, 02:27:35 AM »

4 hours into SotC and I just killed the 8th thingy.

The camera still bugs me. How could a developer get so much right and something so simple so wrong? Anyway, it's still cool. Shaping up to be pretty short, though. Might finish it tomorrow night, which is kind of a disappointment.[/code]

[/url]
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: January 17, 2007, 02:37:19 PM »

FFXII - I actually don't mind Frans voice. I found it a bit odd at first, but now I'm used to it. I love Balthiers voice, as well as "Amalias". Actually, the only voice that I haven't liked so far was Miguels.
As for my progress...

Code:
I am now on the Dreadnought Leviathan. Really have no clue whats going on in the story, but am enjoying the game quite a bit regardless. I'm wondering when Princess Ashe will become a permanent member of my party. She's too cool.

I've played for about 18 hours. My characters are around lvl 12.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: January 17, 2007, 04:16:59 PM »

I got Suikoden I & II for my PSP.

Everything old is new again.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 17, 2007, 04:22:51 PM »

Quote from: "Leyviur"
I got Suikoden I & II for my PSP.

Everything old is new again.

Except in a language you can't-oh wait.

Fuck you Ash.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: January 17, 2007, 09:21:15 PM »

7 hours in SotC.

Just killed the 12th collosus. I kept missing the really obvious path to get to him, so I searched for a full hour for something that was right under my nose.

The fight against him was my least favorite so far. I kept getting stuck against his legs (he couldn't hit me, but I couldn't move until I finally shook free). And twice during the fight I actually phased into his body. Sure, that made it a lot easier to get where I was supposed to be, but it still shouldn't have happened.

[/url]
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: January 18, 2007, 12:40:13 AM »

one of the greatest moments ever in video gaming for me it least. is when you fight that bird-like colossi. i was like zomg speed! i also find it amusing that the 2 colossi that are probally the hardest are also the smallest. i'm unsure of these camera angle issues you speak of but it could just be that i'm more forgiving,because i also remember people complaining about slowdown but i recall no such thing.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: January 18, 2007, 01:54:16 AM »

FFIX - trying to beat that secret library boss on the third disc. First time in the game I actually died fighting a boss.

Phoenix Wright, the uh, sequel  - finished the first case.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: January 18, 2007, 12:37:00 PM »

Phoenix Wright:  Justice for All -  Finished the first case.    
Code:
You know I thought they would address the broken neck thing.  Can you really write someone's name above your head in legible writing without looking when you have a broken neck?  Seriously, the leaps in logic get me sometimes.  But it's a wacky game so it's still fun.  

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: January 18, 2007, 03:15:12 PM »

Quote from: "Alisha"
one of the greatest moments ever in video gaming for me it least. is when you fight that bird-like colossi. i was like zomg speed! i also find it amusing that the 2 colossi that are probally the hardest are also the smallest. i'm unsure of these camera angle issues you speak of but it could just be that i'm more forgiving,because i also remember people complaining about slowdown but i recall no such thing.

The slowdown doesn't bother me, but the camera drives me nuts.

I understand they're going for cinematic, but there's seriously no reason for the camera to automatically track collosi when you're not explicitly targeting them. I'm trying to run away from these things and I need to keep fighting the camera so it's not trailing my ass.

I've only fought one flying dude so far, and yes, he was my favorite. The smallest collosus I fought has been the easiest so far.

I don't know. Maybe I was just expecting too much. Eurogamer gave it a 10, and I can't remember any game I've disagreed with their scoring for besides this.

[/url]
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: January 18, 2007, 08:50:22 PM »

Finished SotC at 11 hours.

Huge disappointment. I tried telling myself I was just being nitpicky, but that wasn't it. I expect that when I play a game, most of my deaths will come because of my own error- not because the camera's freaking out or my in-game avatar won't perform the actions he's supposed to. It's nice that the developers gave the horse AI, but why does it stay on when you're controlling him? I'd try to go past a rock and he'd run straight into it. Not game breaking, but after the 20th time it started getting old.

I don't know. I've heard nothing but good things about this game. Maybe my sights were set too high. The scale impressed me, and some of the battles were really fun... but all the patterns were easy to figure out, and only one of the sixteen collosi even gave me any trouble. The controls were frustrating, the camera sucked, the story was nonexistant, and the ending... well, it just wasn't as good as I was hoping.

Okami next. Hopefully won't let me down.

[/url]
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: