Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 04:40:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327545 Posts in 13410 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  4# lanruoJ emaG
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32 Print
Author Topic: 4# lanruoJ emaG  (Read 51571 times)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: February 27, 2007, 07:18:08 PM »

Just finished Raithwall's Tomb in FFXII(for the second time) this weekend and I had a blast playing some multiplayer GH 1&2 with a bunch of friends on Saturday night.  Seemed that we were all pretty much even in skill and it made for some tight competition. Once the liquor kicked in though it kinda went downhill:P

Still can't get 5 stars in "Six":(

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: February 27, 2007, 08:44:41 PM »

Quote from: "dalucifer0"
I got to the part where the story finally gets interesting in BK....

So you took the disc out, then? :P

Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: February 27, 2007, 08:57:31 PM »

Over the weekend I beat Crackdown, a disappointment which I knew was possible but chose to ignore when I made the purchase. The game was a lot of fun, and I will probably play through it again and get some more achievements, but I can't shake the feeling that I was conned in to getting it because of the Halo 3 Beta (and I really think that's the only reason I got it so early).

I also played some more of the Lord of the Rings Online stress test, which was enough to know that I'll be sticking with WoW for a good long while (or at least until Warhammer Online or Age of Conan come out). It failed in the LotR setting, a part of the game that I think they are deeply banking on for sales. Sure, some people who have read the books a few times might get a kick out of the lesser known areas, but as a person who read the first two books a good few years ago and is basing most of his love for the setting on the movies, the lack of well-known low level areas was fairly disappointing. Granted, you were holed up in the starting area for the entire stress test, and it'll probably be easier to experience some more interesting stuff a few short hours into the game, but when all I really wanted to do was check out some of the landmarks and participate in the story (basically be "in the movie"), it failed to deliver.

Oh, and I checked out the C&C3 Demo which is the first C&C I've ever played and it was fun, although I am quite bad at RTS games, and I really struggled to set up a working economy.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 27, 2007, 09:17:37 PM »

If I get Crackdown at full price, it'll be for the multiplayer. The game sounds too short and all for something you'd pay $60 for, Halo 3 beta or not.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: February 28, 2007, 06:52:02 AM »

Quote from: "The Darkrider"
Quote from: "dalucifer0"
I got to the part where the story finally gets interesting in BK....

So you took the disc out, then? :P

Well, at least disc 2's story is a lot better than disc's one, even though that isn't saying much.
Nemmet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: February 28, 2007, 07:28:23 AM »

Finished Hotel Dusk last night. Ending:

Code:
Mila left Hotel Dusk with Hyde.

Fantastic game.
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: February 28, 2007, 12:11:07 PM »

Finished Gladius Towers on Rogue Galaxy.  Longest dungeon thus far, but it was fun.  Slowly making my way through this game, despite the extremely boring dialogue.

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: February 28, 2007, 12:22:28 PM »

FFXII -  
Code:
Beat Garuda.  Was I suppossed to use the berries?  I swear I was half asleep when I was playing last night.  

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: February 28, 2007, 12:39:59 PM »

You can use them, but you don't really have to. It makes things significantly easier, though. So well done on beating it without them.. :)
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: February 28, 2007, 06:22:42 PM »

Playing Sacred Stones again to spice things up between WoW sessions.

Ewan is a powerhouse.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: March 01, 2007, 01:36:30 PM »

Good job, CW, beating Garuda without the berries. I got my ass kicked the first time I fought it. BTW, I have no idea why that would be a spoiler.

FFXII - I am now in the Miriam(that the name?) Stillshrine, after some fancy sword. I wish I had Haste. Hopefully, it won't be too long before it finally makes an appearance.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: March 01, 2007, 09:45:30 PM »

Just finished the Labyrynth in Rogue Galaxy.  The storyline in this game is finally picking up..30 hours in.  Battles are getting kind of repetitive, I've already got one of the best swords in the game, so weapon synthesizing has kind of lost it's purpose for Jaster.  Oh well.

Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: March 02, 2007, 03:26:48 AM »

I didn't even know about the berries back when I played, which is odd, because I'm almost positive I had talked to everyone in that area. :P
Who exactly do you talk to, or where can they be found?

Anyway, I played a bit more Shadow Hearts today.

Code:
I just finished up with Keith's castle, and have gotten Yuri (and Keith!) back onto my team. Now I'm supposed to be going to France so I can chase down an old magician lady that I met in the women's bathroom. :P
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: March 02, 2007, 04:54:00 AM »

currently playing rogue galaxy final fantasy 12 and shadow hearts ftnw.
havent played RG since the event with MIO. in SH FTNW i just did some sidequests and am about ready to head to las vegas.
in Final Fantasy 12 i just beat Belias afterter he owned me 3 times i had to use an elixer so i could do a second quickening chain. im wondering if im doing something wrong in ff12 because its hard to raise money for new gear when a lot has to go to phoenix downs and hi potions. i tried to fight some rock turtle and got my ass kicked. it was like fighting genbu with 3 people. man this game makes me kinda homesick for FFXI.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: March 02, 2007, 11:53:42 AM »

Sketch -  You have to talk to the Moogle in the desert.  He'll tell you about a creature that is kicking the desert people's butts and how this one guy was asking for help.  Just defeat the creature and go back to see a cut scene and you'll see a plant where you'll have to pick the berries.  

Anyways, I spoilered it because someone else did too.  I'm currently hunting marks.  I just beat Ixpes or something like that.  I'm horrible with remembering names.  I think I'll run around some more and get some loot.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: