Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 10:12:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331704 Posts in 13581 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  4# lanruoJ emaG
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32 Print
Author Topic: 4# lanruoJ emaG  (Read 52442 times)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: March 02, 2007, 11:55:37 AM »

The trick, I find, to FFXII is just to do a LOT of grinding.  I'm playing through for the second time and I find it MUCH easier now.  One section I took my time with is Bhujerba.  I stuck around in the mines for a few hours because it was a great place to level and acquire some gil with all the bones you can collect.  Weapon diversity helps greatly as well.

Anywho...just completed Raithwall's Tomb.  Going to hunt some more marks next.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: March 03, 2007, 01:04:11 PM »

Just did a little bit of level grinding in BK.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: March 03, 2007, 02:58:49 PM »

<3 Alien Hominid HD. Don't love how there isn't any invincibility right after you spawn. Didn't developers figure that out years ago? That when you die in a game, you need at least a half second period to move away from whatever killed you after you respawn? AH doesn't have that, so if you die, you die over and over and over again until the enemy that killed you moves away from your spawn point.

[/url]
Harlequin

Hi, I'm swedish

harlequin@stockholm.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: March 03, 2007, 07:35:28 PM »

Played some more FFXII this afternoon and finished Raithwall's tomb. Gonna go hunt some marks and hopefully level up a little before I progress the story further.

Be awesome instead.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: March 03, 2007, 07:42:29 PM »

Valkyrie Profile Silmeria.  What a wicked game, not one thing about it I hate at the moment.  Although I do miss some of the god-like powers Lenneth had, this adds a different and itneresting perspective.  While I miss some of the stories on how Einherijar die (they were beautifully done), lets face it, they kinda drag on the second play through.  So I kinda like just clicking through it. :P

Third chapter, making items, doing bonus dungeons because everything keeps kicking my ass. Boo-hoo.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: March 04, 2007, 09:41:03 AM »

My "couple of marks" in FXII turned out to be several. Decided that if I was going to level up, I might as well get more gil, clan points and loot in the process.

I met...uh, Piros I think, in .hack//infection. Haven't been playing many games because the television's going nuts. It keeps blinking during colourful scenes, so I'm waiting for us to go TV-shopping. Soon, hopefully. :P

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: March 04, 2007, 11:54:54 AM »

I'm in the last dungeon of Rogue Galaxy.  I guess the developers decided to make the last 20% of the game all storyline and character development in a desperate attempt to save the game.  It's somewhat helped, I don't feel like I've wasted my time playing this game.

Although, as you progress in the game, the dungeons just continue to get longer and larger.  The difficulty hasn't really jumped, things just take longer to do.  More battles, more enemies, more things to accomplish in each dungeon.  Oh well, I'll probably finish it today.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: March 05, 2007, 10:27:48 AM »

FFXII - Haste + Berserk = awesome!
Anyway...
Quite a bit of stuff going on. I played through the Stillshrine.
Code:
Beat the first boss pretty easily, but had a hell of a time with the Esper boss. It kept putting my characters to sleep! Add in all the minions and it took me forever to beat it. It came down to keeping everyone hasted and Balthier berserked. Then I went back to Mt. Bur and got in a fight with one of the Judges. He was pretty tough but I somehow managed to beat him. Now I'm supposed to go all the way to Archades

Instead of continuing with the story, I am going after some hunts.
All my characters are around lvl 29 right now.
I have no clue how to use Quickenings, so I never use them. What the hell are you supposed to do after initiating it? Anyone feel like enlightening an idiot?

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: March 05, 2007, 12:14:39 PM »

I never use quickening either.  I tried it when I first got one but it didn't seem to do much.  

Anyways, I went off the beaten path and went to a place with monsters that kicked my ass.  With much hardship, I fought my way to a save point (the blue kind) and advanced a few levels.  I was hoping for a teleport crystal so I could get the hell out of there.  I thought if I went forward, I could find a way out, but nope there was a boss fight.  I did zero damage and basically died in under a minute.  I had to flee all the way out the way I came since Bloodwing was there and my party is not ready to take him on.  I'm really looking forward to leveling up and kicking everyone's asses there.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: March 05, 2007, 02:08:26 PM »

When I use quickenings  I just quickly(say..twice or 3 times a second) tap the R2 button to reset the chain while alternately tapping the 3 face buttons.  I doesn't ALWAYS work but I have gotten some really good chains. I even got a 22 hit chain  once and the "Black Hole" finisher.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Viarca

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: March 05, 2007, 04:52:07 PM »

I started playing Lunar Knights a few days ago.  While the directional controls are a little awkward, I love the spaceship minigame parts.  If the first three chapters are any indication, it doesn't appear it will be a very long game though.

My progress in FFXII is nonexistent.  I still haven't worked up the motivation to fight Omega Mark XII so I can get my last badge and Wyrmhero Blade.  It's just a matter of doing that and going to Bahamut to finish things up, so hopefully sometime soon... but I haven't done anything since the middle of January and it's been holding me up console-wise.

As far as quickenings in FFXII go, my advice is to aim for an Ark Blast (2 of all 3 tier attacks... open with a tier III, cycle til you find a 2nd, the do a tier I and a tier II with the last person's charges if you don't see any mist charge opportunities while doing all that) once everyone has 3 charges, as it only takes one mist charge to trigger, and then hope for the best from there.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: March 06, 2007, 08:33:52 AM »

sorry about the thread derailing, but...

I actually kind of made a quickening work last night. I had Van, Balthier, and Basch in battle, all with one Quickening each. I started it up, then just hit the Triangle, Square, and X buttons. Seemed to work. A MAJOR problem that I see with using them is that you end up with ZERO MP. That sucks. I think I'd rather keep my MP.

To keep this journal-like, I DID beat another hunt last night. I think I'll do a few more before continuing on with the story.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Dincrest
A-class rider (in training)
RPGFan Editor

I smile when I climb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #372 on: March 06, 2007, 09:15:54 AM »

I recently beat Piece of Wonder (review forthcoming).  

And I've been chasing more endings in Yo-Jin-Bo.  I still need to get Jin's good ending, and both of Muneshige's endings (good and bad) and I'll have gotten all of them and hopefully unlocked the secret extra.  

So far in Yo-Jin-Bo, my favorite endings are
Code:
the good ending with Yo.  It's hysterical with all the mind/body switcheroos.  Seeing Hatsuhime's voice coming out of Mon-Mon is too funny.
and
Code:
the band ending with Mon-Mon.  It seemed the most plausible.  I thought it was cute when Sayori was visiting with Hanwa's descendent and shared a big-sis moment with a little boy who was named after Monzan and whose friends called him Mon-Mon.
 The good ending with Ittosai has some hysterical moments as well.  

My least favorite ending so far is
Code:
the good ending with Bo.  The game usually did a good job of making sure every body had a soul, but in this ending, Sayori gets warped back to the future, but then gets her future body/self warped back to be with Bo.  It felt like a cop-out ending, and uncharacteristic since Bo enjoys metaphysical science and this just wasn't plausible, even within the context of the game's world.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: March 06, 2007, 11:55:48 AM »

FFXII -  Still haven't tried the quickenings yet.  I'll do it when I'm around a save crystal.  Anyways, I fought
Code:
Cid
last night.  Again, the storyline bosses are easy compared to the marks.  By far Gil Snapper was the hardest mark I've defeated.  I've taken on Trickster several times but he kills me once he erects the paling.  Anyways, I'm running around trying to make gil to buy the best stuff.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Nutbar

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: March 06, 2007, 12:58:08 PM »

Quickenings in XII seem a little complex at first, but they aren't really.

A full Mp bar equates to one "Mist charge", and each character can have up to 3 qiuckening squares from the lisence board, so at most each character can have 3 mist charges (2nd and 3rd quickenings bought for a character add an extra mp bar to allow this.)

the little orange circles by the names of the moves represent mist charges needed to use the move. for instance, Vaan's White Whorl uses 2 mist charges, while red spiral uses just one.

when you use a move, you lose that many mist charges, so Vaan cannot use two White Whorls in a row for example, as that equates to 4 charges, but could use white whorl then a red spiral as this equates to 3 charges.

Pressing R2 to shuffle brings up new options for all of your characters, including the chance to charge if this is not availble amongst the first choices. If you are trying to purely create as big a chain possible, you are best off trying to stick to using the weaker mist moves, as it gives you more choices and makes you less reliant on charging imo.

The key to quickening chains lies in charging; this restores the number of mist charges your character has to thier max; as in if you have 3 quickenings on a character charge will give them a full 3 mist charges again. If I remember correctly, the effects of charging stay after the quickening chain finishes as well, so if you charge then don't use any moves with that character they should leave the chain with full mp. (You might want someone else to clarify that though, as I haven't played XII since Xmas.)
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: