Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 04:28:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332769 Posts in 13635 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  4# lanruoJ emaG
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 Print
Author Topic: 4# lanruoJ emaG  (Read 52529 times)
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: March 24, 2007, 01:13:59 AM »

Hey asshole, I played tonight.  Got two Obsidian Warbeads, turned in a stack, then logged.  Took ten minutes at the most. :P

EDIT:  Fuck you, new page.

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: March 25, 2007, 11:33:34 PM »

Oblivion = over.

I have to say, that was one lame fucking end to the main quest.  It takes my opinion of the game down from godly to demigodly.

I like Morrowind more, though. :P

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 25, 2007, 11:58:45 PM »

Man, you answered that call better than I ever did. I meant to seriously tackle the main quest after finishing the fighter's guild... And never did so.

Edit: Oh hey, I should post what I've been playing!

Got Crackdown and LoH2 today at the local CompUSA, since it was closing down and everything was on sale. I haven't tried LoH2 but spent several hours playing Crackdown. This is probably what I've been needing, it doesn't have any story or tutorial bullshit. Just a few minutes of backstory then you're off playing the game. I probably would've gotten Lost Planet instead had my opinion not changed to be more positive after a few more tries of the demo and not playing it with a GTA mindset.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: March 26, 2007, 02:01:40 AM »

I've been playing a whole lot of Stalker, and I have to say that it is one of the better games I've played in a long time. The basic idea for those of you who are uninformed is that you are one of the titular Stalkers, roaming the radioactive "Exclusion Zone" formed by a second explosion at Chernobyl, and trying to find out who you are (amnesia is still used as a plot device these days) and why you want to kill the person in your PDA.

While the plot is not particularly spectacular, you're playing the game more for the gameplay and the setting. The gameplay is what can best be described as a Survival FPS; you have to manage your various supplies, taking only what is necessary and making sure you don't over-encumber yourself, while at the same time sufficiently preparing yourself for the mission at hand. You can modify your guns with silencers, scopes, and grenade launchers through an easy to use inventory system.

The developers have created a very eerie atmosphere that, I think, successfully portrays the post-apocalyptic world of the "Zone". The various areas are wide open, richly detailed,  full of character, and look great. One of the testaments to the quality of the environments, are the underground environments, which in any other FPS would be generic industrial environments, but in this game (while still mildly industrial) ooze a certain grittiness that made me genuinely uncomfortable while I was underground, to the point where I was rushing to get out and jumped at almost anything that moved. Granted, I am not the most courageous of gamers, but still, not many scary games have gotten to me like that.

There are various factions of Stalkers, bandits, mutants (which are really quite freaky), and other animals that roam the world using a system which the developers call A-Life, which simulates the world around you, creating an unscripted game world which is quite interesting. Some unscripted events might include a group of bandits taking over a parking lot causing the local group of Stalkers to retaliate and send a small group of Stalkers to retake the land, or maybe a small group of boars are trying to keep a hold on their territory against a large pack of dogs. The unscripted nature of the game is one of my favorite parts, especially when it is working well;  at it's best you get the feeling that you really are in the world as opposed to sitting at your computer.

That ended up being a really long post. I didn't really expect it to be so long. Whatever. In a nutshell, I highly recommend STALKER for anyone looking for a quality FPS experience. It is actually kind of surprising, looking back on my thoughts while playing the game how much I like it. It's kind of a shame that a bigger development company didn't make the game, because with a little bit more polish it would be quite outstanding.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: March 26, 2007, 12:55:36 PM »

Who DR you finished up Oblivion pretty quickly.  I spent over 100hrs doing all the sidequest things before I finished the game.  

Rogue Galaxy -  Got my pirate outfit for Jaster.  Loving the game so far.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: March 26, 2007, 01:48:52 PM »

Quote from: "CluelessWonder"
Who DR you finished up Oblivion pretty quickly.  I spent over 100hrs doing all the sidequest things before I finished the game.  

Well, I always play through things faster than most...but I lied, because I'm not done yet. :P  I didn't even know the Dark Brotherhood faction existed until I was informed otherwise this morning.  But I can't bring myself to turn my hero into a murderer, so I'm gonna start a new character.  I don't normally do these sorts of quests (I didn't even do the Morag Tong in Morrowind), but the game is so good that I can't pass up doing more. :P

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: March 26, 2007, 02:25:27 PM »

And they're fucking FUN quests too. Oh and being a thief already makes them a little.....less complicated.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: March 26, 2007, 02:43:51 PM »

Yeah I saved the darkbrother hood for last.  I only did a few quests and then stopped because I'm such a goodie in real life that I couldn't do bad things in a game.  It's so sad really.

I started off in the fighter's guild, then thieves' and mage's guild.  I had my character built as a melee fighter so it was a pain doing some of the mage stuff.  

Also how are you leveling up?  When I played, the leveling was weird.    The game is so much easier when you play it through with low levels and insanely hard at higher levels.  I went the arrested development route and rarely slept to level.  It's been a while since it was released so maybe they made a patch for it.

Currently Reading: 

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: March 26, 2007, 03:11:44 PM »

Oh, I only got to level 13 with the character I beat the game with.  I had heard that things got really difficult if you leveled quickly, so I didn't.  I probably could have gotten away with getting a few extra, though.  And I'll need to get to 20 someday, because most of these daedric shrine quests can't be done till then.

Still, that's a lot of standing in a room and casting heals on myself.  There's always the expansion, I guess. :P

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: March 27, 2007, 09:00:06 PM »

Tales of the Abyss: I can't remember why I stopped playing this.  THe game is wicked, I started a new game because I forgot where I left off.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Alexander
Easy Bake Covenant

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: March 28, 2007, 01:50:10 AM »

I'm back on the GBA port of Phantasy Star I dropped a long time ago for who knows what reason.  I got each character their best weapons and now I'm moving on to the final armor. I'm hoping to finish this as soon as possible without ruining the fun I'm having with it.

Also, another game I picked up after abandoning a long time ago: Katamari Damacy. I totally rocked the moon stage and (after three more tries) got her past the threshold of 800m so I can safely say I tackled the biggest challenge the game has to offer. Go me.

Yeah I saved the dark brotherhood for last. I only did a few quests and then stopped because I'm such a goodie in real life that I couldn't do bad things in a game. It's so sad really.

I'm like you in that way. In order to fully enjoy the open-ended style of the game, I wanted to make at least one character who stole and killed on a whim. However, I guess I couldn't separate myself from the fact they weren't real people who were being affected by my character's actions. Heh.

Behold, the greatest taco in the history of the world! http://tacostothelimit.ytmnd.com/
[Previously known as Miilou Suede]
acornthief.tumblr.com
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: March 28, 2007, 02:34:45 PM »

Okay, I think I'm really done with Oblivion this time. :P

I'm glad I saved the Dark Brotherhood quests for last, because they would have completely spoiled me.  They all kicked copious ass.  Sure, the early ones were generally more interesting, but it was all fantastic.  And that horse you get...holy fuck.  It wasn't exactly rare for me to come back out of some cave and see it surrounded by several dead wolves. :P

Up next, Steambot Chronicles.  I saw it for $20 on eBay, so I figured why not. :P

And to the person above me, get rid of those oversized animations before you get raped.

Alexander
Easy Bake Covenant

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: March 28, 2007, 05:13:50 PM »

And to the person above me, get rid of those oversized animations before you get raped.

There was a mini-fad going on in the 'Fan when I put them up. I think someone had a HUGE signature pic of a Sega Genesis with all the vertical attachments.  
But since that is gone and past, perhaps they are kinda out of taste now. So I'll take 'em down.

Behold, the greatest taco in the history of the world! http://tacostothelimit.ytmnd.com/
[Previously known as Miilou Suede]
acornthief.tumblr.com
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 29, 2007, 12:16:51 AM »

Beat Crackdown... For such a storyless game, the ending was actually a disappointment. Some predictable attempt at OMG TWIST, then no credit roll.

I blame the lack of credit roll. It just doesn't feel like you beat a game until that plays. :P
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: March 29, 2007, 12:21:44 PM »

Rogue Galaxy -  Beat the pervy primate last night.

Currently Reading: 

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: