Author Topic: Project X Zone 2: Electric Bugaloo

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Project X Zone 2: Electric Bugaloo
« on: April 12, 2015, 07:08:14 PM »
http://gematsu.com/2015/04/project-x-zone-2-announced-teaser-trailer

Now not featuring some of your favorites like Sakura from Sakura Taisen 1, Gemini from Sakura Taisen 5, BlackRose from Dot//Hack, Estelle from Tales of Vesperia, Chan Pai from Virtua Fighter, Ling Xiouyu from Tekken and many more.

No idea if Darkstalkers, Shining Force EXA, Resonance of Fate and Dead Rising will be getting in or not.

Xenosaga, SRW, Endless Frontier, God Eater Burst, Street Fighter, Ghost and Goblins and Legend of Valkyrie are safe bets.

Strider Hiryu (Strider) + Hotsuma (the PS2 Shinobi) and Kazuma Kiryu + Majima Goro  are new teams.

Haseo (Dot//Hack GU), Kage-Maru (Virtua Fighter), Kazuya Mishima (Tekken), Vergil (Devil May Cry) are the confirmed new challengers.

Natsu (Soul Calibur V) and Leon S. Kennedy (Resident Evil 6 version) are confirmed to be on Support Duty.

Probably a mistranslation (or a Goddammit Siliconera!) Edit: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/12/project-x-zone-2-coming-west-fall/

Probably not the case, but for competitionist's sake (and I can just edit it out later, because I can), I'm including this for now. My money is that the trailer stated that the game is coming out in Japan in the Autumn and that any westerly releases will be a TBA sort of thing.

Edit the Second: Wait WHAT!? http://gematsu.com/2015/04/project-x-zone-2-coming-west-this-fall

It really is coming out this fall. Da fuq?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 07:31:29 PM by Aeolus »
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Project X Zone 2: Electric Bugaloo
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 08:53:11 PM »
Yup. Didn't the first game have a fairly quick confirmation as well? (EDIT: No, not really, there was about a 3-month-long gap, so add "people begging for it too much" to the list of reasons the first did well) Though to be fair, the first one's reportedly high sales might've been from the combination of "wow, this is actually coming over?! I guess I'll give it a shot!" and a lot of RPGs hitting the 3DS all at ounce after a good-sized drought getting people more than a little excitable.

But satill, I'll keep an eye on this. I quite enjoyed Namco X Capcom...and I'm sure I'll play my copy of the first Project X Zone someday...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 08:55:34 PM by Mickeymac92 »

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 10:17:24 PM »
Yup. Didn't the first game have a fairly quick confirmation as well? (EDIT: No, not really, there was about a 3-month-long gap, so add "people begging for it too much" to the list of reasons the first did well) Though to be fair, the first one's reportedly high sales might've been from the combination of "wow, this is actually coming over?! I guess I'll give it a shot!" and a lot of RPGs hitting the 3DS all at ounce after a good-sized drought getting people more than a little excitable.

But satill, I'll keep an eye on this. I quite enjoyed Namco X Capcom...and I'm sure I'll play my copy of the first Project X Zone someday...

Yeah, it came out right around May 2013 where a lot of 3DS RPG and SRPG players were coming off of FE:Awakening and right before SMTIV hit. That said though, the original PXZ wasn't all that great and you can still find copies of its Collector's Edition in stores like Target. And for those reasons, and because its more of a novelty thing to me, I'm going to hold off on purchasing it until it goes down in price (especially if the cast list gets any more sausagefestacular and they don't fix my biggest problem with the game, the rigid partner system).

Alisha

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 11:30:17 PM »
end of the trailer confirms xiaomu and reiji not surprised this got announced days after Z3 aka the dissapointment's release

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”

kofvscapcom

• Rereveagence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 12:48:11 PM »
they need to spice up the combat somehow, or just make it full fire emblem style and let you skip animations. That and not have a million enemies every battle. I'm on like stage 30 something in the original but just lacked the willpower to finish it. On the bright side, I'm very surprised they put the yakuza characters in it, but that's pretty cool.
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 01:09:35 PM »
end of the trailer confirms xiaomu and reiji not surprised this got announced days after Z3 aka the dissapointment's release

SRW Z3 should've been just one game. Z3-2 hardly added anything new, and the big Z mystery was largely resolved with a wet fart. Though this does bring up the point that current day Branpresto's quality has tanked over the course of the last 8 or so years. Z1's a goddamn masterpiece compared to Zs 2 and 3.

they need to spice up the combat somehow, or just make it full fire emblem style and let you skip animations. That and not have a million enemies every battle. I'm on like stage 30 something in the original but just lacked the willpower to finish it. On the bright side, I'm very surprised they put the yakuza characters in it, but that's pretty cool.

Unfortunately, one of the game's selling points is its fighting game style battle system, which means that you can't just skip past attack phases, especially since one of the game's major resources is tied to how much you punch, slash or shoot the enemy.

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 01:55:23 PM »
Less enemies would be nice - I bought it myself in order to write a review for the site, but I also got too bored to continue at some point.  If the devs had given it to us, I would have pushed through and given it a bad score.  But since I bought it myself, I dropped it in favor of higher priority work.
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut

Alisha

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 02:01:54 PM »
while it got boring that doesnt make it a bad game it just had bad pacing.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 03:55:16 PM »
I wouldn't say it has no merit at all.  I actually enjoyed the attacks and setting up the teams for combat and such.  But that doesn't make it a good game. ;)
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut

DrGonzo

• View Profile
    • Experimental Gonzo Art
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 07:25:52 PM »
..........people asked for this?

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 08:41:32 AM »
..........people asked for this?

Well if they can get past the licensing costs, then why not? It looks like they're reusing a bunch of assets from the first game on this, not to mention the game engine itself. All they would need to do is make new art, map and battle sprites and moves for the new characters, touch up and tweak the current artwork and move sets (respectfully) for the returning characters, and come up with some kind of half-assed excuse for all these characters to join up and run around together while cracking jokes and references for the fandom to soak up when they buy the game; which they will because of the fact that its the most that some series fans (like Mega Man fans) can ever hope to see of their favorite characters.

Anyhoo: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/19/project-x-zone-2-screenshots-show-ninja-teamups-hack-union/

Moar pics. Other than making me rethink whether Natsu is actually part of a team combo and not just a support buddy due to having dialogue (then again so did Heihachi in the first game and he was entirely there just to crash Dimitri's pad and rain on Jin's parade).

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2015, 08:48:25 AM »
Yes, this series is for people like me who is sitting here curious how the meeting between Kite and Haseo is going to go, considering Haseo's main enemy was Kite's phantom.

kofvscapcom

• Rereveagence
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2015, 08:43:16 AM »
it could potentially be a good game if they just made some of the systems more complex, any of them. The level up system, equip system and combo systems are just so basic. Playing SRW z3.2 right now and while the combat is fire emblem style and I find myself skipping animations more often than not, the distributing stat points to pilots and upgrading mech stats just add so much depth to the game. Maybe they could add an ace style system to the game, giving each character a unique bonus once they reach a certain amount of kills.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2015, 02:09:02 AM »
it could potentially be a good game if they just made some of the systems more complex, any of them. The level up system, equip system and combo systems are just so basic. Playing SRW z3.2 right now and while the combat is fire emblem style and I find myself skipping animations more often than not, the distributing stat points to pilots and upgrading mech stats just add so much depth to the game. Maybe they could add an ace style system to the game, giving each character a unique bonus once they reach a certain amount of kills.

That would actually be a good idea. At the very least, it'd give players a better reason to use their favorites beyond "because they're there". Of course, they're not going to do that if this is anything like PXZ1 since A) availability was a constant issue, B) you used everybody where possible anyways and C) it would suck if your favorite team were the ones constantly stuck on looting duties and thus couldn't afford to rack up the kills.

kofvscapcom

• Rereveagence
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2015, 11:24:47 AM »
The ace system in srw adds a bunch of flavor to the characters too and the original pxz lacks a lot of that as well. It's hard to explain, it just needs more polish and detail. But seeing as I don't think it's all that big a title it probably won't get that. Best AG conversation of srw z3 so far is the scene you get with AG when you get Shinji to an ace and they parody the congratulations, congratulations, congratulations scene of the anime.