Author Topic: The Final General Fantasy Discussion Thread

Rook

• View Profile
Re: The Final General Fantasy Discussion Thread
« Reply #750 on: July 21, 2017, 03:49:04 PM »
Also, seriously, what "Square Enix" tax? I've never seen a SE game marked up beyond standard MSRP the way Atlus games are. Hell, most of their remasters have been a reasonable $40 instead of the usual $60 that a lot of other companies charge for remakes.

That was more of a back in the day thing where the latest FFIV port/remake would go for an extra 5~10 dollars compared to the price of other, newer, games on the same system. I've since stopped following Squeenix releases so I'm not up on whether or not they still do that.

Its now called the Atlus tax.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: July 21, 2017, 04:05:03 PM »
Also, seriously, what "Square Enix" tax? I've never seen a SE game marked up beyond standard MSRP the way Atlus games are. Hell, most of their remasters have been a reasonable $40 instead of the usual $60 that a lot of other companies charge for remakes.

That was more of a back in the day thing where the latest FFIV port/remake would go for an extra 5~10 dollars compared to the price of other, newer, games on the same system. I've since stopped following Squeenix releases so I'm not up on whether or not they still do that.

Its now called the Atlus tax.

That tax was even before the Squeenix tax. Now its the Persona tax.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 19, 2017, 06:19:34 AM »
Well good thing Persona sucks then.

Honestly though I've never liked Persona >.> P3 was ok I guess the only one I played.

But yeah just never been a big fan, all I have to say about that I guess.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 09:58:05 AM by Artimicia »
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 19, 2017, 10:03:37 AM »
Frik me all these Agrias pictures I found that people made

"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 21, 2017, 03:12:07 PM »
"Persona sucks" AND posting a bunch of Agrias pics.  In back to back posts.  Artimicia has just shot to the top of the Best Fanner leaderboard in my book.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 25, 2017, 11:17:35 AM »
"Persona sucks" AND posting a bunch of Agrias pics.  In back to back posts.  Artimicia has just shot to the top of the Best Fanner leaderboard in my book.

Wow well thanks Arvis, I daresay I go into most threads mostly fearful about what I might read.. kinda nice to be surprised.

Anyway I'm here to note that I read a gamespot article which made clear something I've been suspicious of for some time.. which is that like 30% of the people who bought FFXV actually finished the game..

It's definitely something endemic now in gaming I've seen for awhile, people often have enthusiasm for games or the people in it, or involved in it, or a number of different things, but actually going whole hog and well gaming is sometimes not there...

Watched the ending? Perhaps but played to completion...

Anyway, apparently it became 60% later.. but yeah I guess it just seems like the play a few hours and stop method has become kinda popular or something.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 25, 2017, 11:24:56 AM »
30% is actually a fairly high number for games these days .You'd be surprised how few people actually finish the games they buy. Hell, I recently played through Akiba's Beat and was commenting on how the trophy for JUST FINISHING THE GAME was Super Rare at, like, 7.2% or something

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 25, 2017, 11:37:51 AM »
I admit, I have a harder time finishing games than I'd like.  Especially if I don't stick with just one game at a time.  If I am playing a game, and then I also start another game along with it, odds are I won't finish either one.  I have to play just one at a time.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 29, 2017, 03:59:26 PM »
I guess I really just wouldn't be surprised in many ways..

I'm starting to wonder how many people even finished iconic things like Ocarina of Time or FF7... FF7 sold like 10 million what if the completion number is like 40,000 or something like that?

MonCapitan2002

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: September 08, 2017, 10:42:36 PM »
I admit, I have a harder time finishing games than I'd like.  Especially if I don't stick with just one game at a time.  If I am playing a game, and then I also start another game along with it, odds are I won't finish either one.  I have to play just one at a time.
I've had the same problem.  It's why the only major game I'm playing now is Tales of Berseria.  I want to download Ys VII off Steam, but I know if I do that, I won't be playing Tales of Berseria for a while.  It sucks.

Also, noticed this story on the main page.  All I could think was garbage content for a garbage game.  The reason I think this is because Mobius Final Fantasy is a free to play game, which means I'm either going to be microtransactioned to hell and back or merchandise for their advertising partners.  My response to Square Enix if they expect me to play this game is a hearty and enthusiastic fuck you.

Artimicia, I noticed the second Agrias picture has text on it saying for Adult Only.  Not sure I want to know what the content behind that is.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #760 on: September 08, 2017, 11:46:57 PM »
I've had the same problem.  It's why the only major game I'm playing now is Tales of Berseria.  I want to download Ys VII off Steam, but I know if I do that, I won't be playing Tales of Berseria for a while.  It sucks.

Also, noticed this story on the main page.  All I could think was garbage content for a garbage game.  The reason I think this is because Mobius Final Fantasy is a free to play game, which means I'm either going to be microtransactioned to hell and back or merchandise for their advertising partners.  My response to Square Enix if they expect me to play this game is a hearty and enthusiastic fuck you.

Artimicia, I noticed the second Agrias picture has text on it saying for Adult Only.  Not sure I want to know what the content behind that is.

Mobius Final Fantasy will always be to me, that special moment where videogames finally discovered that point where the double standard of acceptable levels of exposed flesh between male and female character designs finally blurred. They toned the PC's design way the hell down because he was basically three quarters nude. Not that this in of itself was what doomed the design as the aforementioned double standard allows guys to go down to nothing more than a single fig leaf or their own hand and nothing else, but the fact that his outfit looked pretty similar to that of Deception 4's female protagonist before the edit (a design that's pretty bad on a female, but not the worst the series had seen by that point or even within that very game, not that this is in any way a good thing due to its prevalence and our own insensitivity to that level of promiscuity, but that when similarly applied to a male, it looked both absolutely hideous and extremely suggestive, to the point where there was enough of an outcry to justify altering it, while highlighting that double standard).

As for the Agrias pic, I bet Articimia is intimately familiar with the content behind it and as many other similar sources as he could find. Not that I blame him as Agrias is among the better designed FF females (or at least one of the more relevant to her game than most FF females).

Alisha

• View Profile
« Reply #761 on: September 10, 2017, 07:08:17 PM »

Mobius Final Fantasy will always be to me, that special moment where videogames finally discovered that point where the double standard of acceptable levels of exposed flesh between male and female character designs finally blurred. They toned the PC's design way the hell down because he was basically three quarters nude. Not that this in of itself was what doomed the design as the aforementioned double standard allows guys to go down to nothing more than a single fig leaf or their own hand and nothing else, but the fact that his outfit looked pretty similar to that of Deception 4's female protagonist before the edit (a design that's pretty bad on a female, but not the worst the series had seen by that point or even within that very game, not that this is in any way a good thing due to its prevalence and our own insensitivity to that level of promiscuity, but that when similarly applied to a male, it looked both absolutely hideous and extremely suggestive, to the point where there was enough of an outcry to justify altering it, while highlighting that double standard).

As for the Agrias pic, I bet Articimia is intimately familiar with the content behind it and as many other similar sources as he could find. Not that I blame him as Agrias is among the better designed FF females (or at least one of the more relevant to her game than most FF females).

and yet they put agrias in dissidia over her

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: September 11, 2017, 09:59:32 AM »
...over who?

TASTY!

Aeolus

• View Profile

Alisha

• View Profile
« Reply #764 on: September 12, 2017, 08:35:05 AM »
ramza

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”