Author Topic: The Final General Fantasy Discussion Thread  (Read 180881 times)

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
Re: The Final General Fantasy Discussion Thread
« Reply #270 on: January 29, 2016, 09:29:09 AM »
(S)He has a nose...

Well, let's be real. He was always a little effeminate.

YOU SHUT YOUR FILTHY LYING MOUTH!!!! RAMZA WAS THE MANLIEST OF MEN WHILST PLAYING THE REED FLUTE WITH HIS BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER DELITA, AND HIS RIGHT HOOK TO ALGUS/ARGUS (depends on which version you rocked) WAS A DOMINATING DISPLAY OF DUDELINESS!!!!

Seriously, Ramza was like one of my favorite FF characters for just how normal he was. No super powers, no divine intervention. Homeboy dropped everything to fight for what he believed in. Much respect to his character...

Now he looks like he could front a k-pop all girl's band.

Know what? I hope it's Alma just pretending to be her brother...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 09:31:14 AM by Agent D. »

TASTY!

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 29, 2016, 09:40:41 AM »
(S)He has a nose...

YOU SHUT YOUR FILTHY LYING MOUTH!!!! RAMZA WAS THE MANLIEST OF MEN WHILST PLAYING THE REED FLUTE WITH HIS BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER DELITA, AND HIS RIGHT HOOK TO ALGUS/ARGUS (depends on which version you rocked) WAS A DOMINATING DISPLAY OF DUDELINESS!!!!

Seriously, Ramza was like one of my favorite FF characters for just how normal he was. No super powers, no divine intervention. Homeboy dropped everything to fight for what he believed in. Much respect to his character...

It really helped that most everyone kinda had that look going which evened out the gender appearances/differences, and made the differences reliant on the more subtle differences in dress and facial features (which is a lot closer to how things are to begin with).

That said, I still like the fact that while Ramza did end up as a 'Chosen One' hero in the end, it wasn't due to his famous father. A nice reversal on the 'Heroic Father, Royal Mother' cliché that often pervades JRPG protagonists.

"Now surrender or die in obscurity!"
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 29, 2016, 09:44:34 AM »
(S)He has a nose...

It really helped that most everyone kinda had that look going which evened out the gender appearances/differences, and made the differences reliant on the more subtle differences in dress and facial features (which is a lot closer to how things are to begin with).

That said, I still like the fact that while Ramza did end up as a 'Chosen One' hero in the end, it wasn't due to his famous father. A nice reversal on the 'Heroic Father, Royal Mother' cliché that often pervades JRPG protagonists.

"Now surrender or die in obscurity!"
ORIGINAL PSX TRANSLATION FOR THE MOTHERFUCKIN' WIN!

TASTY!

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 29, 2016, 10:14:22 AM »
I think the important thing here is that we have Ramza.  We have Ramza in another video game.  New ground has been broken.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 29, 2016, 03:31:53 PM »
I think the important thing here is that we have Ramza.  We have Ramza in another video game.  New ground has been broken.

Old ground you mean, as he was in the Lords of Vermilion games along with Agrias, and also Theatrythym 2: Curtain Call (along with fucking Benjamin of Mystic Quest fame, among other characters).

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 29, 2016, 03:34:23 PM »

Old ground you mean, as he was in the Lords of Vermilion games along with Agrias, and also Theatrythym 2: Curtain Call (along with fucking Benjamin of Mystic Quest fame, among other characters).

I thought when I said "another video game" that it was implied that I meant "REAL video game".  He was in Heavenstrike Rivals, too, but who the heck cares about F2P/deckbuilder/rhythm games?
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #276 on: January 29, 2016, 03:34:35 PM »

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #277 on: January 29, 2016, 03:44:51 PM »
Manly flute playing at around 2:40: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iijKLHCQw5o

And few RPG characters get more effeminate to me than Azel in Magna Carta, who looks exactly like a girl I dated once.  http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/magnacarta/images/7/7f/5092-1762945332.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140414133212
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 29, 2016, 03:47:48 PM »
^ The only way that I can tell that that's a guy is that he's from Magna Carta and doesn't have boobs the size of his head.  Other than that, everything else about that pic says "female" to me.

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #279 on: January 29, 2016, 04:18:33 PM »
I was also initially fooled because the last video game character named Azel I'd heard of was Azel from Panzer Dragoon Saga, who was a girl.

So back to Final Fantasy.  We can't talk womanly men without Kuja now can we?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 04:20:08 PM by Dincrest »
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 29, 2016, 04:55:59 PM »
I was also initially fooled because the last video game character named Azel I'd heard of was Azel from Panzer Dragoon Saga, who was a girl.

Chill Dincrest, Kuja had dat swagger...just cuz he wore a dress didn't mean he was girly. He was just too awesome for pants.

TASTY!

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #281 on: January 29, 2016, 07:43:45 PM »
http://mooncalf.org/library/parody/wwtomato.html

And I'm not dissing on Kuja at all.  Dude was a fantastic villain and one of the more underrated characters in FF.  All I was saying was that if we're having a pretty boy party, we can't have one without inviting the best pretty boy of them all- Kuja.  Not inviting Kuja to the pretty boy fest would be like a guitar fest without Joe Satriani.  

(and I still think FF9 should have ended like this: http://mooncalf.org/library/parody/eikosboyfriend.html)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 07:45:43 PM by Dincrest »

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 29, 2016, 10:04:12 PM »

Chill Dincrest, Kuja had dat swagger...just cuz he wore a dress didn't mean he was girly. He was just too awesome for pants.

Yeah. If anything, Kuja doesn't even rate compared to the many pretty boys of Amano, the undisputed king of drawing pretty boys. Seriously, go look at Cecil or Locke or Yuna.

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #283 on: January 30, 2016, 09:20:22 AM »
Kuja's too sexy for this thread, too sexy for this thread... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5mtclwloEQ

And like I said earlier, I think Kuja is one of the most underrated FF characters and a fantastic villain.  I'd say he's one of the top 5 villains of the series.

Anyway, I never found Amano's extreme heroin-chic art style pretty at all.  Everyone looked sickly and emaciated.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 09:28:18 AM by Dincrest »

Rgeneb1

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 30, 2016, 02:41:25 PM »
Got Final Fantasy Explorers today. I'm into it so far and have been playing with a few friends.

Anyone else get this? If so, what do you think?

What are your thoughts Isjaki, I was thinking of ordering the game but I'm not sure how well it would work as a single player. The wifi on my 3ds is buggy at best so co-op play would be more trouble than fun. Anyone else played it yet?