Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 02:51:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335279 Posts in 13727 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  1up preview of Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 1up preview of Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles  (Read 2547 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2006, 06:04:59 PM »

WFC support being dropped confirmed.

The magic layering thing actually makes a lot of sense for dropping online support, but I'm tired of this bullshit line of reasoning.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 06:21:29 PM »

They screwed us with Children of Mana, and now this?

I'll never have 3 other friends with DS's that want to play this, or any other action/RPG multiplayer game for that matter. Just make a good action/RPG with multiplayer global wi-fi already!

I will probably still pick this up because it sounds like lots of fun for singleplayer too.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 06:28:17 PM »

I hear that Dragon Quest game will have online co-op! And hopefully they stick to that - Yuji Hori and Level 5's territory, and I can't imagine SE really wanting to screw around with him. I'd really like to know whose deciding this crap, this is the same line of reasoning for CoM, so I suspect someone from up high doesn't want this or there's some shared talent.

Edit: Also can't forget that could be PR code for 'We can't get this to fucking work!'
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 06:41:51 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
I hear that Dragon Quest game will have online co-op! And hopefully they stick to that - Yuji Hori and Level 5's territory, and I can't imagine SE really wanting to screw around with him. I'd really like to know whose deciding this crap, this is the same line of reasoning for CoM, so I suspect someone from up high doesn't want this or there's some shared talent.

Edit: Also can't forget that could be PR code for 'We can't get this to fucking work!'

I bet they can't get it work. lol

If they really wanted to emphasize the whole friendship/teamwork thing, then why not add some sort of messaging system into the wi fi? Some kind of menu that would bring up a keyboard similar to what's in Picto Chat, and you could use the touch screen and stylus to talk to eachother. It would work really well, I think.

It wouldn't have to detract from playing. The keyboard could slide up from the bottom of the screen, and you punch in whatever you have to say and hit a button and it dissappears.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 06:47:09 PM »

There's admittedly the issue of timing. But assuming the bottom screen is simply used for the menu, it would probably work. Just have someone count down, then everyone blasts at the end of the countdown. They make similar (assuming it works the same) work in FFXI, and that's an MMO, so they could surely make it work in this.

Edit: And they can make shortcut buttons ala F# keys in most MMOs.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 11:59:56 PM »

Boo!  My friends don't play video games, that's why I come here to talk about them.  What's this about FFCC: Ring Bearers (Wii) focusing more on the player?  So no WiFi for that or am I just reading into things?  I need more info!

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2006, 12:08:23 AM »

No WFC multiplayer. I bet it'll be some FFIII messaging bullshit if we get any WFC features. It probably works fine in Japan, where everyone's closer together and it's not like you're going to opposite ends of the continent just to visit for a week or something (plus more DSes are sold there than here, logically a higher concentration), but it pretty much flips off other markets, or so it seems to me.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: