Author Topic: Axiom Verge

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
Axiom Verge
« on: April 22, 2015, 10:36:05 PM »
Color me surprised that there's no thread on this.

It's a metroid style game, and the art style certainly does not hide that. It's full of fun exploration, great music (crank the bass please), interesting weapons and great boss fights.

I'm about 3 or 4 bosses in and I'm taking my time going back over the map. As on par with the genre you get new abilities in various forms that allow access to previously unavailable areas.

It's not too hard but there are hard modes and a speed run mode for those people too. It's on PS4 but will be coming to Vita soon. Don't hold your breath for a PC or Xbone version.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
Re: Axiom Verge
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 11:48:28 PM »
Erm... dev has announced a PC version incoming (May 14) and it will have bonus stuff in it (which will be added to PS4 later).

Yoda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 01:32:19 AM »
I was under the impression Sony helped get this project finished. Either way, it's a fun game. Play it.

PaleRobbie

• Podcast Host
  • Administrator
  • Fear the old blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 09:28:46 AM »
Two bosses in and I'm really liking it so far.  I love the old-school vibe, and the weapons seem neat and interesting.  I just got the address disrupter thingy, and that seems to change things up nicely. 

Yoda

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 10:35:19 AM »
There are a ton of glitched out barriers to doors that the address disruptor does not seem to touch.... I'm assuming later on that changes?