Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2014, 04:12:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338307 Posts in 13850 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Persona 3 Release Date announced
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Persona 3 Release Date announced  (Read 6135 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2006, 05:50:13 AM »

RPGFan story

I think there was a vague twinge of disappointment promptly buried under relief. Plenty of time to catch up on all the games that've been released now, and the few that'll be released early next year (like Rogue Galaxy).

Edit: And it comes out 2 monthes after the director's cut. If they're most of the way through the localization, that could mean they're finishing that up then moving on to the director's cut content.
Testament

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

"Would you be willing to pay more for the extra content?"

That question was tossed around by one of the QA personnel at the official boards.  Most people who replies said they would be willing to pay extra (the content is not being offered for free in Japan after all).

If anyone is really interested in the content, you should be sending emails to Atlus letting them know.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 04:22:13 PM »

Actually, I wouldn't really be willing to pay more than $50 for the US release unless there were physical bonuses in, at least something like a music CD. I know Atlus isn't the biggest company, but $60 for a regular release is already too much for quite a few next-gen games (mostly for barely upgraded ports admittedly), for a regular current-gen title (or could you call it previous now? Eh, I'll call it current when you can easily buy more than one of the systems). I'd probably do it anyway, but i'm more inclined to just wait longer.
Shooichi

rjmoriarty83
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 05:40:46 PM »

If it's $10 of extra content, I'd pay the extra $10. If they are releasing an "expansion disc" for those who already own Persona 3 in Japan, then I'm more or less convinced there is at least that much in there.

EDIT: What is the best way to contact Atlus to let them know I am interested in the extra content? I'd hate to have my e-mail reach wrong/apathetic eyes.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 08:44:45 PM »

Quote from: "Shooichi"
If it's $10 of extra content, I'd pay the extra $10. If they are releasing an "expansion disc" for those who already own Persona 3 in Japan, then I'm more or less convinced there is at least that much in there.

EDIT: What is the best way to contact Atlus to let them know I am interested in the extra content? I'd hate to have my e-mail reach wrong/apathetic eyes.

I've emailed Atlus a few times and I always get the same guy answering my emails, Rob Stone.

Just go to the site and look for 'contact' or something like that.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006, 10:30:57 PM »

Reading more, it seems that it isn't a Director's Cut like SO3 or SMT:N, but basically a separately released expansion pack. I can deal with paying $60 for that in this case.
V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 08:30:03 PM »

I dunno, I don't think a couple months is enough time to translate all the extras and whatnot if you take into account what was said about the Fes version having something like 30+ hours of gameplay.

Personally, I don't really care since I got the import, but this is making me think twice about actually completing it (I'm about 20 hours in or something) and just getting the import of it when it comes out. Although I'd probably opt for the director's cut version and not the add-on disc, which is going to cost quite a bit more I'd wager...
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 08:43:36 PM »

I imagine they could get it all translated by, say, September or October at least. Most likely not by July or August or something, unless they've been done and are just waiting for a good calm time to release.

Edit: Or more like very close. If they have it fully translated /now/, then they could easily add Fes and make the release month.
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 09:14:45 PM »

They're not gonna throw in control of your party members in this by chance, are they?

I'd pay $60 for that, cause I'm not going to get the game otherwise.

V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 09:33:56 PM »

Quote from: "Marshmallow"
They're not gonna throw in control of your party members in this by chance, are they?

I'd pay $60 for that, cause I'm not going to get the game otherwise.

It's really not as bad as you may perceive it to be. The AI for your party members is actually pretty good and they'll heal when appropriate or attack with certain spells, etc. that do critical damage to enemies that are weak to a given element. After a little bit, I actually started to prefer the  AI party members - makes the battles a whole lot faster.

And the whole school life thing is really refreshing (although it may get sorta tedious after a while), too. I mean, I spent a lot more time "dating" various characters and building up my stats than actually spending time in the dungeon. Of course you can also play it the other way and spend most of your time in Tartaros leveling and getting all the personae if you wish. All I can say is that it's really different (in a good way), and I'd give it a shot if I were you.
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2006, 10:04:09 PM »

I admit I would love to try out the life simulation thing, but battling just looks too boring, and even though you can make it a minimal part of the game, it's still something I'd have to wade through. From what I've seen from gameplay videos, fighting just looks as though it's a ton of waiting--it would be better if I could at least control all of my party.

The game may be worth a rental or something though.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2006, 11:45:05 PM »

Letting you control your entire party would make the game far too easy.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2006, 11:52:48 PM »

Quote from: "Leyviur"
Letting you control your entire party would make the game far too easy.

When you put it that way, it makes it sound like just a cheap trick to increase difficulty.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2006, 12:48:58 AM »

It's like this. Instead of having a party where you might go up against something that's strong against all of you and causing a quick death, they have your party members act of their own accord (they have good AI and make their decisions very quickly, so battle flow is very fast), and give the main character a large pool of Persona which you can switch at will to customize to your needs during battle. It keeps the challenge intact while making battles a bit more dynamic be making some changes.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2007, 12:47:27 AM »

FUCK!!!

Non-FES version... =(

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: