Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 03:59:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334573 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Persona 3 Release Date announced
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Persona 3 Release Date announced  (Read 6044 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 12:59:39 AM »

FES is so substantial they may just release it separately this fall. That's what we can hope for at least.
V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 01:01:12 AM »

Alright, what the fuck...why is the Append version of Fes that requires you to have the original Persona 3 only $10 less than the Independent one? I thought it'd be like half the price...this is madness. (But I'll still probably get it. Dammit.)
Testament

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 01:16:44 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
FES is so substantial they may just release it separately this fall.

Actually, this might be the exactly opposite.

A lot of the impressions seem to be saying that though it's a neat little fan service it's pretty much lacking everything that made the original Persona 3 so great. I'll take some comfort in that.

EDIT: Referring to the Aegis chapter, the main game additions sound great.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2007, 01:30:55 AM »

Well, if it's just shit then I won't be too bummed about possibly never getting it. Heck, there's just so much in the way of great games as of late that while I'd like it if I got it all, it's not like there's going to be some void because of us not receiving it.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2007, 02:12:29 AM »

I still wanna know what its about... =(

btw, for people who persue that stuff; the Artbook and OSTs are fantastic (as well as the arrange OST)

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2007, 02:57:12 AM »

Quote from: "Dice"

The internet will cover that, I'm sure.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2007, 03:53:56 AM »

I really didn't like Devil Summoner: RKvTSA, though, so suddenly I'm hesitant about new SMT-related games. Also I know I'm very alone on this, but I liked Persona 1 more than 2.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2007, 07:33:23 AM »

btw, for people who persue that stuff; the Artbook and OSTs are fantastic (as well as the arrange OST)

There's an arrange CD?

I have the original OST and the Reincarnation CD - which is mostly full length versions of all the tracks with vocals.

I know there's a FES soundtrack out - but I couldn't find it when I was in Japan last week. :( Is that the arrange CD you're talking about?

As far as the news goes - I'm not very pleased. We got the "Maniacs" version of Nocturne when it was released in English - why aren't we getting Fes? I will probably hum and haw and end up buying it anyway, just to have it...considering how Atlus print runs are.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2007, 07:45:38 AM »

FES is actually a storyline set after the Persona 3 main game where you play as one of the supporting characters. It's much harder and has more story for people who can't get enough of P3.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2007, 01:08:23 PM »

Quote from: "Leyviur"
FES is actually a storyline set after the Persona 3 main game where you play as one of the supporting characters. It's much harder and has more story for people who can't get enough of P3.

This is why I think they should localize FES for us. The hard mode is a big thing for me. I love playing games on hard, that offer it. And the extra story is supposed to have the "true" ending to P3.  I think that's pretty important, if you ask me.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Lilim

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2007, 03:51:24 PM »

I'd definitely pay extra for FES, whether it's included or an addon later. I've sent my own email to Atlus about it a week or two ago. Hopefully we might get lucky.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2007, 05:29:07 PM »

We got the "Maniacs" version of Nocturne when it was released in English - why aren't we getting Fes?

Welll, SMT:N was approaching two years old by the time we got it. Persona 3? About 11 months between Japan and US release.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Testament

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2007, 08:26:12 PM »

Quote from: Lard
I'm not very pleased. We got the "Maniacs" version of Nocturne when it was released in English - why aren't we getting Fes? I will probably hum and haw and end up buying it anyway, just to have it...considering how Atlus print runs are.

Problem with this argument is that FES is not only a Directors Cut, it's also a sequel. Why should Atlus localize two games and give one out for free?

There is also nothing wrong with Atlus print runs. Pre-order your copy, or pick it up within the first few weeks of release and you'll never run into a problem. They ship out whatever gets order, stores don't anticipate the demands then your beef is with them.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2007, 03:33:51 AM »

Something I just realized: This is being sold in a box. While it has the artbook and music CD, that could also have the purpose of holding both Persona 3 and Fes in a single box, ala DDS. So don't take the 'it won't be released with Fes' bit as 'we definitely won't get it'.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2007, 06:57:23 AM »

Quote from: "Lard"
I'm not very pleased. We got the "Maniacs" version of Nocturne when it was released in English - why aren't we getting Fes? I will probably hum and haw and end up buying it anyway, just to have it...considering how Atlus print runs are.

Yeah, Atlus should totally fucking give us two games for the price of one! They don't need to make a profit or anything! They exist solely to please us!

Shut your mouth.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: