Media > Game Journals

Retro Encounter Podcast Thread

(1/145) > >>

Taelus:
Hey everyone! We're doing our own game journal! ...sort of.

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2015/3099.html

A new podcast approaches!

We'll play a new game every month, with three episodes per game. Episode 0 is a brief introduction, and tomorrow we'll have our first episode, discussing the early parts of Trails in the Sky! We want to talk with you about these games, and maybe even have you join us for our playthroughs. Chat us up here!

Rucks:
I like the idea.  But you guys are just calling things "retro"whenever you feel like it.

I thought this was going to be replays of 8 and 16 bit classics.  Trails in the Sky doesn't seem old enough to fit the bill.  If you play FFXII or Tales of Vesperia and call it "retro"you going to have a lot of explaining to do to anyone who is over 30.

Probably still a great Podcast but I am a bit disappointed.

Taelus:
Well, Trails in the Sky first came out in 2004, and that's over a decade ago.

But, more to the point, we want to hear your feedback as to what games you'd like to hear us play! So let us know! When we say retro, we mean 'older games' not 'only the oldest games.' :) The crew behind this show wants to have a lot of collaboration with the community as to the form and path of the show, so if you want to see 16-bit games (which we definitely already have plenty of on our list), tell us!

DaviKaze:

--- Quote from: glassjawsh on May 05, 2015, 06:37:51 PM ---I like the idea.  But you guys are just calling things "retro"whenever you feel like it.

I thought this was going to be replays of 8 and 16 bit classics.  Trails in the Sky doesn't seem old enough to fit the bill.  If you play FFXII or Tales of Vesperia and call it "retro"you going to have a lot of explaining to do to anyone who is over 30.

Probably still a great Podcast but I am a bit disappointed.

--- End quote ---

Most of us are that age ourselves, so we definitely understand the sentiment.  But yeah, definitely just let us know what your the most interested in, and we'll be sure to prioritze it!  We hope to open the game selection to listener vote very early on.

Rucks:
Off the top of my head for each of the "retro"consoles (fifth generation back):

1. Panzer Dragoon Saga - Saturn
2. Breath of Fire 3 or 4 - PSX
3. Paper Mario - N64
duh. Lunar 2: EB - Sega CD (or the PSX version)
4. Earthbound - SNES
5. Shining Force II - Genesis
6. Legend of Zelda - NES

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version