Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 10:47:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341350 Posts in 13950 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Metal Slug Anthology
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Metal Slug Anthology  (Read 1585 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2006, 06:19:22 AM »

Anyone want to get this sooner or later, if they don't already have it? It's out on the Wii, and probably the PSP, but if I do get it it'll be the PSP version unless there's some royal fuckup with that. Wii has no Classic Controller support, supports the GC controller but not the D-Pad, so doing something like getting the Hori pad for playing isn't going to help, and it ignores stuff like using A or B to throw grenades when using the Wii Remote like an NES pad.

I guess it could control fine in the end, but if I want motion controls I'll take them as a novelty on the side of good, normal controls, or better yet a game designed around that shit.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 12:29:18 PM »

It works fine, honestly.  The whole 'use analog' isn't a big deal.

Plus Metal Slug 6 rules.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 07:30:57 PM »

This is a stupidly late response, but... Well, I guess I'll just have to take your word for it. It still bugs me though, and given the prices being identical and portability vs novel controls to mess with, I'll just take the portability unless the port's botched. Though I likely won't get it for a long, long while anyway.
Mana Knight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 09:25:26 AM »

It comes to PSP and PS2 also, next year.  I don't have a Wii, but even if I did, I'd wait to get it for PSP.  I'm getting the PSP version since I prefer playing classical compilations on PSP (for their portability).
Shadow Blade

shadowblade_x@hotmail.com shadowbladex8@ao
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 04:01:24 AM »

True, but their PS2 counterparts have better loading times and a cheaper price. Look at Genesis collection.

What?!
Lilim

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 09:27:19 AM »

I'm definitely getting the PS2 version whenever it stops getting delayed. I'm hoping this February 6th date sticks, but it's arriving on the trail of Rogue Galaxy and Ar Tonelico so who knows when I'll get around to it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: