Author Topic: I almost never read the main site

zergrav

• Software Artist
    • View Profile
Re: I almost never read the main site
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2015, 10:09:18 PM »
Yeah, I don't know what site you're looking at but RPGFan is one of the few outlets I visit that DON'T go for the inflammatory or leading headlines.

You'll never see '10 THINGS FINAL FANTASY VII DID POORLY... NUMBER 6 BLEW MY BALLS OFF' at RPGFan. :)

You do realize what this means? We now must, at some point, make a post entitled 10 THINGS FINAL FANTASY VII DID POORLY... NUMBER 6 BLEW MY BALLS OFF 

It is the LAW!
When unrealistic solutions are required, reach into your satchel of Black Magic and make it a reality :)

Wild Armor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2015, 10:14:38 PM »
Yeah, I don't know what site you're looking at but RPGFan is one of the few outlets I visit that DON'T go for the inflammatory or leading headlines.

You'll never see '10 THINGS FINAL FANTASY VII DID POORLY... NUMBER 6 BLEW MY BALLS OFF' at RPGFan. :)

You do realize what this means? We now must, at some point, make a post entitled 10 THINGS FINAL FANTASY VII DID POORLY... NUMBER 6 BLEW MY BALLS OFF 

It is the LAW!

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2015, 12:28:30 AM »
We actually did April Fools a while back, and people seemed to really not like it. Which made me sad, because I thought we wrote some great stuff. :(
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2015, 01:32:42 AM »
I'm usually on-board for the features (podcasts, reviews) than the news which I tend to get from all over the web, sometimes here, sometimes on the forum, sometimes on Gaf, sometimes IGN, etc.

I'd love to see more unique features of the site, sort of 'Top 10's' or editorials.
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

zergrav

• Software Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2015, 09:34:48 AM »
I'm usually on-board for the features (podcasts, reviews) than the news which I tend to get from all over the web, sometimes here, sometimes on the forum, sometimes on Gaf, sometimes IGN, etc.

I'd love to see more unique features of the site, sort of 'Top 10's' or editorials.

It's funny to see you say that. So would I :)
When unrealistic solutions are required, reach into your satchel of Black Magic and make it a reality :)

Taelus

• Some music guy
  • Editor Emeritus
  • You're gonna have a bad Turnabout.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2015, 11:41:42 AM »
We actually did April Fools a while back, and people seemed to really not like it. Which made me sad, because I thought we wrote some great stuff. :(

I got my only piece of hate mail ever for that feature. Mass Effect: Galaxies indeed.
Friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.

Jimmy

• Wakens the Ferine Strain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2015, 01:24:14 PM »
I still typically glance at the main site. But since I don't play games nearly as much as I used to, and few of them RPGs, I don't typically spend a whole lot of time there and go to the boards.

Mike

• Administrator
  • Oathkeeper
    • View Profile
    • Valkyrie Studio
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2015, 10:08:19 PM »

So would we! There's a couple things in various stages of discussion, so we're working on.... things. :)
"Don’t be ridiculous. Martha Stewart isn’t a demon. She’s a witch. Nobody could do that much decoupage without calling on the powers of darkness."

zergrav

• Software Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2015, 06:14:31 PM »
I still typically glance at the main site. But since I don't play games nearly as much as I used to, and few of them RPGs, I don't typically spend a whole lot of time there and go to the boards.

If you wouldn't mind helping us out further, would you mind telling us, additionally (your feedback would be extremely appreciated here, and I won't be forgetting your answers ^,^ ):

1. When you "glance" at the main site, what kind / type / etc. of things would interest you enough to click into them from the main site? This can be anything. It does NOT even have to "exist" currently on RPGFan.com.

2. What type of games / titles do you currently play that are RPGS?

3. What are a few genres / titles do you currently play that are not RPGs?

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2015, 12:25:38 AM »
Is the latest "newsbox update" because of this thread?
(I should add linking prized RPGFan contributor Starmongoose's Let's Play page part of the link!)
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2015, 12:39:39 AM »
Aw shucks. :)

I mostly updated the newsbox with the RPGfan quiz, but now that that is gone it got changed to what you see now by someone. It would be a little conceited to advertise myself on official site space. :P

I don't think it's a bad idea to have a link to other forum members (who aren't me) who are doing cool things now and then though.

Penguin Boss Patrolling The Forums.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2015, 12:41:57 AM »
That reminds me, I still have a SO2 quiz ready that just never happened.

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2015, 12:44:39 AM »
I'm willing to do whatever I can to help you with that if you want to organize a quiz.

Penguin Boss Patrolling The Forums.

zergrav

• Software Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2015, 03:35:45 AM »
I changed the news box because of the hiring drive. I changed it back yesterday, but evidently I missed something

I'll look into it now and see what the deal is.

zergrav

• Software Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2015, 04:44:06 AM »
My apologies on the second post -- and deleted intermediate post. Honestly, I should have paid much closer attention, but I just realized there is a chance I blasted your information, Starmongoose. I simply backed up the database tables prior to the update, and I just restored them. If you made a change in the interim -- if so, my sincere apologies -- you may have to re-post it.

No forum feature was intended for permanent change. Any disruption to its components should NOT be viewed as "the magic hand in the sky decides my stuff no longer matters". I simply happen to be human; maybe too human ^,^

Please feel free to update the board as you were prior to the change. Information may have been lost, but at most, a link, it seems. Continue using the board features as you normally would, and please PM me if you encounter an issue preventing that ability.