Author Topic: I almost never read the main site

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
Re: I almost never read the main site
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2015, 01:16:08 AM »
Yup.  I deserved that.  But I like my version better ;)

Sorry for the cheese, just in general I'm actually love going on sites (BESIDES 'THE FAN') and reading reviews. x)
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Dincrest

• Foot-in-Mouth disease
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Overuser of analogies, similes, and metaphors
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2015, 11:34:07 AM »
Big points for reviewing obscure titles (Especially when Neal was around).

I'm still here, dude, and I still like the smaller/indie/obscure/art-house titles.  And with Steam Greenlight, Kickstarter, and all that, that niche has become so much larger and most everyone on the site has stuck their finger in that honey pot.  Yeah, I'm not reviewing as many games as I used to, but I do have some really cool features up my sleeve that I'm slowly making happen.  
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 11:35:51 AM by Dincrest »
"I think I'm losing it.  I'm pulling out my hair trying to figure out what couch defines me as a person.  This is freaking madness.  This is hopeless.  This... my perfect little habitat here, and I still don't even know who I am."  - from Dow Jones and the Temple of Doom by Burnt By The Sun

Maxximum

• RPGFan Editor
  • Fills you with determiantion
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2015, 03:30:11 PM »
Big points for reviewing obscure titles (Especially when Neal was around).

I'm still here, dude, and I still like the smaller/indie/obscure/art-house titles.  And with Steam Greenlight, Kickstarter, and all that, that niche has become so much larger and most everyone on the site has stuck their finger in that honey pot.  Yeah, I'm not reviewing as many games as I used to, but I do have some really cool features up my sleeve that I'm slowly making happen. 

Your reviews of obscure indie titles are some of my favorite and helped me find a gem or two. I don't think I've seen you do one of those for quite some time, so I figured you moved on to other things. Also, forum names apparently confuse me :) Looking forward to seeing what you've got brewing.
NOW PLAYING:
I can't tell you

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2015, 09:52:27 AM »
...I actually check the main site regularly. A couple times a day, in fact. But I don't go anywhere outside of this place for gaming news except a Nintendo forum (which I probably won't be going back to) and an...anime forum. Yeah.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

zergrav

• Software Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2015, 10:29:34 AM »
...I actually check the main site regularly. A couple times a day, in fact. But I don't go anywhere outside of this place for gaming news except a Nintendo forum (which I probably won't be going back to) and an...anime forum. Yeah.

What makes you so strongly committed to RPGFan as your gaming news source, if you don't mind me asking?
When unrealistic solutions are required, reach into your satchel of Black Magic and make it a reality :)

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2015, 11:57:20 AM »

What makes you so strongly committed to RPGFan as your gaming news source, if you don't mind me asking?

I like the people here, pure and simple. The relative lack of clickbait helps as well, especially after being on other sites like Pushsquare, which felt more like an opinion blog than a site even pretending to be about Gaming news...

I guess you guys are a little slow on news, but that really doesn't matter to me. I don't need a zillion news articles like Gematsu or Siliconera has...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 12:00:07 PM by Mickeymac92 »

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

zergrav

• Software Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2015, 03:05:23 PM »

I like the people here, pure and simple. The relative lack of clickbait helps as well, especially after being on other sites like Pushsquare, which felt more like an opinion blog than a site even pretending to be about Gaming news...

I guess you guys are a little slow on news, but that really doesn't matter to me. I don't need a zillion news articles like Gematsu or Siliconera has...

Wow. Thank you on behalf of RPGFan. I am going to re-post your comment to our editorial staff. They keep it rockin' and that kind of feedback is what helps keep us all going strong.

Thank you for your support and kind words :-)
When unrealistic solutions are required, reach into your satchel of Black Magic and make it a reality :)

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2015, 03:08:02 PM »
We ARE kinda awesome.

Penguin Boss Patrolling The Forums.

zergrav

• Software Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2015, 03:09:08 PM »
We ARE kinda awesome.

Shhhhhhh that is supposed to be a secret haha. You silly goose ;D

Wild Armor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2015, 03:39:15 PM »