Author Topic: Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun *COMPLETED*

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
Re: Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2015, 01:52:02 PM »
As if the dungeons in the game weren't fun enough for their puzzle solving parts, I love that Djinni also added another dimension to it.  

Unfortunately it looks like Camelot decided to do another Mario Tennis game... which is good, but meets their "one game every five years" quota.

Sakuraba can get shit on for his Tales OSTs I don't care, but anything else he touches sounds nice.  THat said I always liked the music in these games.

That ghost face is frightening, how dare you.

The whole mind reading thing with Evan was really cool --- in general it feels like a lot of thought and love went into the Psyenergy component of the game, which is part of why it's so sad to see it get so little love from Camelot to keep making them.
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2015, 06:06:10 PM »
Thanks for commenting! Also, thanks for reminding me where I've seen the Camelot logo before.

I like the music in this game as well. I do feel that some of the tracks are recycled quite a bit more than necessary, though. I also agree about the mind reading/Psynergy aspect. They were definitely creative with it. It's just a little annoying that in order to use it on the map/in town, you  have to go through the menus each damn time. Being able to hot button it in some way would have been great (unless it is actually possible, and I'm too ignorant to figure it out).

Dice

• AMG A GIRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2015, 06:25:14 PM »
Thanks for commenting! Also, thanks for reminding me where I've seen the Camelot logo before.

I like the music in this game as well. I do feel that some of the tracks are recycled quite a bit more than necessary, though. I also agree about the mind reading/Psynergy aspect. They were definitely creative with it. It's just a little annoying that in order to use it on the map/in town, you  have to go through the menus each damn time. Being able to hot button it in some way would have been great (unless it is actually possible, and I'm too ignorant to figure it out).

YEAH, iirc they had that figured out for the NDS game.  They gave you two slots...but like y'know, there's like 4 you use a lot. :S

I think I might pick this game up again though.  It was fun.  I remember sitting on the toilet with my GBA (shut up we've all done it) playing this game in the Summer it came out absolutely floored by the graphics and 'advanced' old school RPG feel.  And them summons.

RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2015, 01:38:29 AM »
In the spirit of Halloween, I have called upon the ancient craft of necromancy, and revived this play-through/journal. Buwhahhahahahahahaa!!!

Explored Kolima. Every damn person there was a tree, and the music there was the same old depressing diddy. Having to mind read everybody got old quick. As far as I could tell, there was nothing to do here. Got lucky and found the cave that lead to the Djinni in the fenced in area. Very surprised it didn't try to battle me.
Walked around the over world a bit until I came to Kolima bridge, which was of course, out. Everywhere else, I'd already been. Uh... where the fuck was I supposed to go? Back To Bilibin, I had guessed. I had the money for better equipment by then, anyway.

After upgrading everything, I explored the map around Bilibin, and eventually found the cave of the same name. I wasn't even sure I was supposed to be there, but "fuck it", I said. There was a lot of element-related stuff in there (fire; ice; water), with which (as far as I could tell) I could do nothing. Got through the short cave to a snowy over world map. Found another town (Imil), so I had guessed I was heading in the right direction...? Saw a tower behind the town. Must have been one of those elemental "light houses". Imil, I liked to think of as Depressing Music Town #3. Apparently this is due to a very nasty flu (or something) going around. Man, the towns in this game have nothing but probs. The fact that you leave trails of footprints in the snow here is nice graphical touch.

I eventually ran into the last person I named (future party member) here. Vieja, I named her... She got all worked up about someone named Alex being at the tower when they shouldn't be, and left. A little Mind Reading of the townsfolk informed me that Vieja was a guardian of the tower(s), or some such.
I skated around on the ice running through the center of town. Saw a snowman that looked like an NPC, and a cave behind the frozen waterfall nearby, but couldn't do anything about either... that I could tell, anyway. I went ahead to the tower (turns out it was one of the lighthouses: Mercury), and met up with Vieja. After helping her get through a few obstacles, she finally joined the merry band. I like her in battle. She heals, has decent attack power/spells, and regains PP after each turn.

I got through a bit of the tower, and got stuck on a puzzle that involves honoring the heart of some statue while standing in the middle of a pond. Took me longer than I'd like to admit to figure out that I had to use Vieja's Ply psynergy. Should have made sense to me sooner, seeing as how that skill made things here react before... oh well. I stopped here, after messing around with the whole Jesus walking thing a bit. Didn't have the mental energy to figure out where to go next.

Next time... (soon!)

« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 01:40:25 AM by natros »

Taelus

• Some music guy
  • Editor Emeritus
  • You're gonna have a bad Turnabout.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2015, 01:56:53 AM »
I love this game and look forward to Isaac being in Smash someday.
Friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2015, 01:44:02 PM »
^That would be most excellent, indeed.

So, continuing the adventure:

In the lighthouse/tower, I came across a nifty puzzle that involved moving a frozen statue with water jets from a series of pipes. Nicely innovative, in a way. Also, I found a Mercury Djinni hidden in a waterfall. Put up a little bit of a fight, but nothing big. Ended up with a sweet "class" upgrade for Vieja. Upon reaching the top of the tower, which had already been lit, I ran into a few of the main bad guys along with my kidnapped friends. Their buddy Saturos made a lame attempt at a flashy entrance ("Turns out I was behind the lighthouse flame the whole time! Muhahaaa!" - *not actually said), and elected to fight us alone. I was gearing up for an epic battle, and then suddenly and so very conveniently, Saturos found his energy was being sapped in some mysterious fashion!
Still, dude put up a pretty good fight, which I guess is the whole point. We ain't supposed to be able to fathom his TRUE power! He took out McAss in the 2nd round with a pretty strong Eruption spell. Then rendered Dude to psynergy-only for several rounds with a "delusion" attack. Then, he took out Vieja with the same damn Eruption spell. Down to Boner and Dude. After a whole bunch of healing and attacking on my part, I finally took the asshole out. If Boner didn't have healing capabilities, that would have been it.

Upon talking to the wiped out Saturos, his buddy Alex makes the same kind of entrance, but from the other side of the lighthouse's flame. Was there an actual backstage back there? At this point I realized that the Alex from the near-beginning of the game is Vieja's Alex. Duh me. After Alex's conveniently detailed speech, I understood better that the person who's psynergy element matches the lighthouse's element gets near-limitless psynergy while in the lighthouse, which would explain why Vieja's PP was full-on Regen the whole time. This in turn weakened Saturos, since he was aligned with fire, the opposing element.
Kinda funny how Alex went into this whole thing about how if I tried to attack Salutos while the latter was weakened, they would team up and wipe the floor with me. Yet, when I confessed to having the single star/stone they were missing, he was all like "Ok... Well, see ya later!", and took the service elevator out of sight... Ooookay.

Imil's music cheered up after the lighthouse being lit caused a healing spring at the base to reactivate (I filled an empty vial I had with some). It was quite nice to see a different functional town. Kind of a sight for sore eyes at this point. I finally figured out the in-town snowman puzzle. Nothing a little Move psynergy couldn't accomplish. Gained a much-needed fire Djinni for Dude in the process. This one didn't put up a fight. Seems the in-town Djinni are docile. After upgrading Dude to a Soldier; talking to some peeps and upgrading armor (FINALLY some better duds for McAss), I was out that piece.

I assumed that the healing water was for Tret, the sick tree dude who couldn't remove the curse his evil side had placed upon Kolima. On the way back through Bilibin Cave, I noticed I could turn puddles into ice pillars with Vieja's freezing skills, but conviently placed flames nearby would instantly melt them. Nothing else I could do there (that I could tell). I also finally noticed that some of the taller torches were push-able, but that only resulted in a healing item.  On the way out of the cave towards Bilibin, I saw a baby plant that was so obviously a puzzle. Using the ol' noggin for a sec, I remembered seeing a Growth psynergy in McAss' reptoire a while back, when messing around with Djinn placement. I did so again, and grew the baby plant into a full on ivy tower, resulting in a much-needed weapon upgrade for McAss. Man, who knew figuring stuff out could be so rewarding and fun??
Yet Another personal discovery: In Bilibin, I finally figured out how to get to the underground Djinni. Another puzzle I could have done all along. Ended up with a MUCH-NEEDED upgrade to Magician for McAss.

*Side note: The above happens quite a lot in this game.. You come across so many obvious puzzles ('obvious' in regards to their existence, not their solution), most of which you can do nothing about at the time. ...or so it seems. So many of the puzzles I had recently solved I could have done all along, but I didn't figure them out right away. Really me wonder what else I'd missed... that I'd simply attributed to not having the necessary powers.
So, I'll go ahead and say that this game has really good puzzle implementation. IMO, of course. ...Well, it's that, or I'm just really inept at figuring out said puzzles.

On my wandering way to Kolima, I saved a tree person from being washed away downstream. After that, I explored the village of Kolima and found nothing different. So, off to Kolima Forest, and it's damn log pushing puzzles again. There was some of that backtracking that was mentioned a while back...
I fed the healing water to Tret and the music quickly turned from sad forest to JRPG-style inspiriational, as Tret "felt a great power flowing", and returned to full form. Turns out falling psynergy stones were responsible for Tret turning the people of Kolima into trees. Seems said stones enhance whatever the victim(?) is feeling at the time. Anyway, it was time to get back to the newly-cured people of Kolima. I really dug Kolima's new, more upbeat music.

Saved there for now.

*Side note: The Move psynergy sure is picky. Sometimes it seems like it won't work against certain things to which you know it should. Then you move a micrometer, and it works. Sheesh.

You don't say!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 01:48:09 PM by natros »

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2015, 07:14:47 PM »
So, a guy in Kolima told me he had a biiiiig secret, but wasn't going to tell me. What kind of horse sh- I mean, painfully obvious set up for mind reading was that? Anyway, the obvious informed me that he had something stashed deep in the woods. ...The same woods I had already traversed a few times, and was not looking to do again. A few times, I went over in my head how tempting yet annoying that information was. I ultimately decided to... skip it. The hell with those damn woods, and its rolling log puzzles. If it was later in the game, I might have gone for it, in hopes it was a kick ass item.
I talked to the rest of the townsfolk, upgraded my armor, and was out that beeotch. On to a different part of the world map, hopefully! I crossed Kolima Bridge, thus making my wish to see new lands come true. The bridge guard seemed a little too into his job, but I guess you should love what you do.

Arrived at the next town: Fuchin Temple, and immediately laughed at the typical JRPG asian style music. To be fair, it was a little better than most other iterations(?). The head master seemed totally enthused when I read his mind. Turned out I had to go through another set of woods... this one being referred to as "endless" Yeeha!! However, of course, I had to take a test first. Typical!
Enter Fuchin Falls Cave! The enemies there were largely the same old ones I'd been facing, so the random battles were pretty much a cake walk. After solving yet another series of log rolling puzzles (this time in water!), and finding a better weapon for Dude, I came across another Jupiter Djinni, named Zephyr. He/she/it put up a decent fight with strong attack spells, but I got his/her/its ass. A few more rolling log puzzles, and I was done with that dungeon. Gained the Force psynergy as a result!

On to Mogall Forest. Some enemies here were stronger than before, so it was a bit more of a welcome challenge, fight-wise. I admittedly got lost as to what to do here for a bit. This "dungeon" was Golden Sun's version of The Legend of Zelda's Lost Woods. Eventually, I ran across YET ANOTHER rolling log puzzle, and was able to continue on. I randomly shot the Force psynergy at an open stump near the puzzle, and a monkey popped out to fight me. Wheeee!!! Pretty strong little SOB. I then discovered that I was supposed to do that with other open stumps, in order for the path to be shown to me. You know.. by stump monkeys, which were obviously related to trunk monkeys.

Shoot a stump-

Get a monkey!

A few more of the monkeys wanted to fight, but I made sure their days of evil stump hiding were over! Along the way, I ran across another Venus Djinni, who could only be accessed by (surprise!) a rolling log puzzle that at least somewhat-slyly incorporated the Move psynergy. I made rather short work of the little fella this time around, and ended up with another little buddy for Boner. I also found a piece of armor in another area of the forest that gave a much-needed boost to Dude's agility.
At this point, I had specialized weapons equipped to everyone but Boner, and those weapons' respective special attacks (all of which inflicted extra damage) were engaged in battle quite often, making fighting somewhat easy. Again, only at this point. Anyway, after few more &%#$@! log rolling puzzles, I got ambushed by a very large blue Killer Ape, who I could only assume was an irrationally angry cousin of Grape Ape! A different sort of battle music ensued, so this must have been a boss battle! Aww yeah! I was conservative with HP and PP up until this point, so I let loose on the lumbering primate. Boner's Ragnarok psynergy was especially awesome in both effectiveness and flashiness. The Killer Ape was  himself killed in about 5-6 rounds, netting me a nice wad of experience, and the Douse Drop (enabling the... wait for it... Douse psynergy when equipped).

After clearing the woods, I made it to the village of Xian, which included it's own far eastern style of JRPG music. That place seemed to represent the more Kung Fooey side of eastern culture.

So very stong!

Yet, so very weak...

I could see a Djinni teasing me from it's elevated perch on the eastern side of town... Bastard. I upgraded Boner's weapon at the local store. I was tempted to do the same for Vieja, but her current weapon's special attack sometimes resulted in enemies being stunned, which could still save my bacon. However, i did see a weapon for her in the store's "artifacts" section that piqued my interest.  It gave her a good attack boost and sometimes let loose with a "Psyphon Seal" attack? I went ahead and equipped it to her, and kept her original stun-friendly weapon around, just in case the upgrade was no upgrade. I still had no clue as to why shop keepers kept giving me "game tickets"... I guess I'd find out eventually?
A quick Force psynergy punch to a training pole in the dojo earned me access to the dojo master, whose daughter apparently earned the power of premonition from the "faling stars". Didn't seem to help her when it came to manners or patience, though. She ran out after yelling at her father about who I assumed was her hunky boyfriend not returning from an outing. After the master deduced my psynergy was not Chi, I saved the game.

Kung Fu: The answer to everything.

Well, since you make it sound so enticing... Don't mind if I do!

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2015, 02:43:25 PM »
Kind of a silly set up for gaining the Djinni in Xian: You have to get a ...water fetcher(?) to drop her water in a certain spot in order for you to freeze it as a column and use it to cross a ledge.

After leaving town, I came to a crossing known as Alpine Crossing. Here, the Kung Fu master's daughter came running into the scene and started panicking about her lost love. Didn't see anything I could do to help her, so I went on my merry way. Guess we couldn't be heroes to everyone - ha!

Got to the next town: Altin, which was a mining town. It had it's own version of depressing music. The place was a water-logged mess. The lower half of town was submerged. Turns out the flooding was due to the work of some watery monsters terrorizing the locals.  While exploring town, I eventually ran across a lizard-type monster who had no qualms with sitting out in the open, spewing water into the submerged part of town. It ducked into a nearby mine shaft when I approached.
So... those monsters had basically turned this poor town into their personal spittoon. Sick!  Couldn’t imagine the smell, which some people did complain about. Anyway, guess I was supposed to follow the thing into the mine.

~Personally, I'd give up all hopes of being able to use that place after it's been soaking in spit, fella.~

I caught up with the spitter in question in the mine and jumped it. It had a whole lot of HP, but I got 'im. Good experience pay out. Seemed that trouncing that enemy magically lowered the in-town spit level a bit, but not all the way. Guess I had to do this over again level by level.
The deeper parts of the mines had me using the Frost psynergy (to make traversable columns of ice). There were also some refreshingly different, but not at all difficult, mine car puzzles. I was very surprised at the lack of logs for me to roll. At this point, I'd like to point out that a certain part of the mine's music sounded a lot like the opening drums to Money for Nothing.
Anyway, after vanquishing a few more spitters within the mines, I completely cleared Spit Lake from the town. Everyone seemed more than happy to get back into their saliva-soaked dwellings. This included the weapons and armor shops, both of which had some pretty nice upgrades. One very nice one in particular was a weapon in the artifacts section of the stores that could absorb PP. Hell yeah! Thankfully, I had just enough cash to cover it all. So, with super fresh gear, I headed deeper into the mines to find the source of all of this loogie madness.

**Side note: I noticed I was steadily gaining levels through fighting the mine's inhabitants. As I mentioned in the previous post, there really isn't anything challenging about battles at this point in the game. It just feels like I am going through the motions. Don't get me wrong. It's not like it's super easy to the point of snore inducing. It would just be nice if battles were a bit more difficult... A difficulty setting switch would be great for this game.
The first part of the game, up until clearing Kolima Forest the first time, was a good challenge. Fights were exciting. ...I'm wondering if I am possibly over-levelled at this point. The thing is, I haven't even done any grinding in a while. I suppose I could dumb down my equipment for a better challenge, but I'm simply not a fan of doing that. I guess we'll see if it balances out by itself down the road.

Anyway, so the deepest part of the mine was a nice little maze. It looked as if the dungeons were starting to get larger and more complicated. Nice!! There were a few more ice column and mine car puzzles in the area. None of which were all that challenging, but still fun to do.
I found a new Djinni pal for Vieja. He was actually a little bit of a challenge, but still went down pretty quick, as he didn't have much HP. I learned at this point that only 3 Djinni could be matched to a person at a time. My stable was starting to seem a little crowded... I really needed more fire-based Djinni for Dude, as he only had 2. Everyone else had at least 3.
At the very bottom of the mine, I came to what seemed like an area of manufactured walls. Kind of like a shrine. A shrine in which the big bad boss of the mine (a huge version of the spit hockers) resided! Turns out these spitters were living guardian statues of the town. The living part wasn't normal for these particular statues, though. Anyway, the Omega Hocker put up a decent fight. Had some strong group attack spells and a ton of HP. Nothing I couldn't manage, though. ;)  Turned out it was watching over a chest that contained a Lifting Gem, enabling me to use the Lift psynergy. Hell of a lot of psynergies in this game. Good stuff! Using the new psynergy, I found a different exit out of the mine, onto a new world map.

I entered the next town: Lama Temple, or as I liked to call it: Stereotypical Far Eastern Town #3.  Here I spoke with yet another dojo/temple master (each more powerful than the last!), who actually seemed to have a good head on her shoulders, unlike the last two. She seemed to know more about what was going on than any of the PCs. After a discussion about her wanting to teach McAss the power of Reveal to cross a mandatory desert, the Kung Fu master’s daughter yet again ran into the scene, whining about wanting to find her lovey dovey hunny bear. Master #3 then passed the power of Reveal onto McAss., before running off to help home girl rescue her man meat. Right before they left,  Master #3 dropped a hint that she knew McAss from the past. Oooooo... mystery past soon to be revealed? Anyway, Vieja nagged the rest of the party into helping the Kung Fu master’s daughter.

~All that fuss over this dork?~

Anyway, after freeing Stud Muffin, and wowing the 2 femme fatales in the same instance, I was thanked by the master. After McAss foolishly denied himself the chance to learn a bit about his past, we were out that piece.
Arrived at Lamakan desert, and saved there.

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2015, 01:24:21 AM »
Right away, I noticed the huge meter on the left side of the screen:

...Sanity Meter?

I also noticed the music was a terrible take on middle eastern jams. Like, music that would be playing if the Prince of Persia had a bad acid trip. It almost sounded off key, which now that I think about it, could have been the point, since the desert was supposedly kind of cray-zay.
Anyway, I quickly found out it was a thirst meter, and when it filled up (yup, filled instead of depleted), the party took a huge hit to HP. After which, the meter reset. Dang! Couldn’t let that happen again.

Seemed the orcs in this desert were followers of Magic Mike

Turns out you have to use the Reveal psynergy to look for hidden oasiseseses(?) in the desert, in order to reset the thirst gauge.  I didn’t like that little game at all.  I will say though, that the antlions showing a heart emote when you fall into their pits and they attack you is hilarious.
After a few areas full of thirst shocks and puddle hunting, I came to the big bad boss of the desert! A manticore with a fucked up face. Creeped me out. I was very glad to be able to attack it!

Not even a mother could love this punum

This fight was a decent challenge, honestly. First one in a while. Mainly because the manticore could attack twice in one round, and had some strong group attack spells. It almost took out MyAss, but I had the last laugh.. After a short cave walk, I came out of the other entrance to the desert. Woo hoo!! There were multiple paths in this section of the over world map. Most of which went nowhere, so I spent some time involuntarily familiarizing myself with the area.

Eventually got to the next town: Kalay. Kalloo Kalay? Anyway, the music here was pleasant. The weapons dealer was right by the entrance, so I went ahead and bought some shiny new implements of destruction for Dude and Vieja. Exploring the town lead me to realize this place was pretty much a merchant town. One in which people couldn’t seem to stop talking about other towns. Especially this one nearby place, Tolbi, that was apparently hosting a traveling  festival known as Colosso.  Seems this “Colosso” involved some sort of fight tournament. I smelled an upcoming obligatory entry into the tournament on my part.

A quick visit to the town’s palace informed me that this was the home of Lord Hammet, to whom MyAss is a servant. This was very briefly touched upon earlier in the game, but I may not have mentioned it. Anyway, Hammet was not home, and was presumed to be a captive in Lunpa (the town of thieves to which I could not gain access earlier in the game). I went to speak with the Lady of the house, and through a sepia-toned montage, I gave her the skinny of the situation. After some discussion about possibly rescuing Hammet, it was revealed by the missus that MyAss’ journey with the party was foretold.  She said that long ago, MyAss; the Shaman’s Rod; some excellent business advice; and a lot of cash were given to Hammett by a bunch of adepts (people who can use psynergy). This was in return for Hammet eventually helping MyAss fulfill a prophecy (of sorts), which was to use the Shaman’s Rod to find something (not yet disclosed) that would greatly help in the fight against evil. The Lady insisted we stick to our travel plans, and she would handle freeing Hammet. Okie dokie!

Found a good armor upgrade for MyAss when exploring the palace on my way out. Upon leaving town, a scene involving a tour group on its way to Tolbi played out. They were missing a member, and the guides were freaking out. However, they had to continue on, so they left his old ass dude behind. Seemed pointless to me at the time, but whatever...

When arriving at nearby Kalay Docks, Dude excitedly marveled at the large body of water before him. I bought some tickets to take the ferry to Tolbi, but decided not to board the baot yet. Exploring the world map further eventually brought me back to the first outside town you come to in the game: Vault. Seemed that a bridge between Vault and Kalay that was out earlier in the game was now repaired (a la GTA). I remembered there were some Djinn I had missed back in this part of the game, so a-hunting and exploring I went. It’s  not like the enemies would give me much trouble.

Took me some time to figure out how to get the Vault Djinni. I almost gave up trying stuff when I noticed the circle of grave stones (which were arranged like the ones encircling the hidden oasis-eseses in the desert) in the south side of town. Using Reveal there gained me entry to Vault Cave, which had its own share of interesting puzzles and tougher enemies. In the end I got a new Venus djinni, Sap. That made four total for Boner, which of course made him stronger in the process.

Next, against Lady Hammet's wishes, I ventured up to Lunpa, remembering the cave next door had some water/ice puzzles. So, I got through the cave, and into the Town of Lunpa. The place seemed pretty peaceful, for having such a shifty reputation. Turned out I couldn’t do much at the time. The innkeeper basically told me to fuck off, and the shops were closed. Lunpa Fortress was on the north side of town, but guards there barred me from entry. I decided to pack up my shit and go elsewhere.

I then went to say hi at the game’s starting town (Boner’s hometown), Vale. When exploring Vale, I noticed what looked like a cave opening covered in plants. ‘Twas time to break out the old wind psynergy! Nailed a... Power Bread. ...Yummy? Going to Dude’s house triggered a nice family reunion scene. Apparently, something had happened with Dora, Boner’s mother. Going to Boner’s house revealed that Dora was sick... and at the time pissed that Boner had returned before completing the mission. She assured us everything was cool, and told us to hurry and finish our quest. I was now able to move the big boulder in the north side of town with the Lift psynergy. This led to Vale Cave. After some fun puzzles, I found the Halt gem, bestowing the Halt psynergy, which stops moving objects. Man, psynergies just kept piling up! I then found another Jupiter djinni for MyAss, which required the new Halt psynergy to catch.

After finishing at Vale, I went back to Kalay Docks in order to get to Tolbi. I boarded the boat, but apparently, it was being held up, due to some of the crew members’ concerns about safety of the trip.  One of the crew members decided to sabotage things (sort of) by hiding the captain’s lucky charm so that the captain would not set sail. I acquired the charm after learning where the culprit hid it through mind reading. Afterwards, I went to the ship's quarters and triggered a scene in which two tough-guy members of the Tolbi tour decided to... “persuade” the captain to set sail, as they were tired of waiting. I went after them, and their argument with the captain revealed that monsters on the sea were the cause of their reluctance to set sail.The captain and his 1st mate were able to talk the wannabe thugs down, and I then returned the captain’s charm to him. I was then elected by everyone to protect the oarsmen during the boat’s journey, as my group looked like capable warriors (hell yeah!). After a bunch of dialogue with the oarsmen, during which I learned I would also be tasked with the pointless gimmick of replacing oarsmen with passengers each time one was hurt by monsters, we were off!

After a wee bit of sailing, some monsters attacked. I defeated them no problem, and subsequently learned that the task of replacing injured oarsmen was just as pointless as I had anticipated. After a few repeated rounds of that time wasting crap, the ship was finally attacked by the boss: The Kraken, which turned out to be my challenging battle wish come true. The Kraken had a lot of HP; could make two moves per round; had nasty group attack spells; and could heal itself. It admittedly had me on my toes a bit, and itt managed to take out Vieja right towards the end of the battle. Guess who came out on top, though! ;) Finally, we reached land, and off to Tolbi I went.

A friendly, jaunty tune accompanied Tolbi. Since the weapon & armor shops were right by the front entrance, I immediately upgraded equipment. I then had Vieja revived. After talking to a few townsfolk, it seemed something was afoot. Everyone was talking about this Babi dude, but I couldn’t quite make out what exactly was going on... I FINALLY found another djinni for Dude in town. He was in desperate need of another.

Turned out that all room and board in town was taken, due to the Colosso festival. So, I couldn’t get a much-needed sleep/heal. I found a slot machine above the Inn, which let me play using the game tickets I had been accumulating from shop keepers. I won a pair of Quick Boots on the very first spin, which were a nice armor/agility upgrade for Vieja. Lucky me. ...Had to... play... again. A few more spins, and I won a War Ring. Seemed gambling here netted me special equipment! Me likey that!! This was affirmed when I found the coin tossing game at the town fountain. By tossing in Lucky medals, I could potentially get some nice shit. Which I did, in the form of an Assassin Blade, a much needed weapon upgrade for MyAss.

At that point, I debated whether I should cheat the gambling games by saving my game before each attempt, in order to maximize earnings......... I decided to do so. After all, if they didn’t want me to, they wouldn’t have made it so damn easy. Overall, I netted another Assassin Blade for Dude; a Spirit Armor for Boner; a Ninja Hood for Vieja; and Hyper Boots (boosted defense & critical hit chances!) for Dude. FUN!! No remorse about cheating the system at all. I then found the Lucky Dice game, which could make for sweet cash pay outs, but i didn’t mess with it much. i tried to go to the Coliseum, but it was packed to the teeth.

Bitch.

I decided to save at this point.

EDIT: Cleaned up
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 01:28:44 AM by natros »

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2015, 02:33:49 PM »
*Item management, and menus in general could be simplified in this game, honestly. There’s far worse out there, of course, but it is the type of nuisance that lasts throughout the game. It’s especially annoying when allotted inventory spots fills up, which happens often. As I said though, it could be worse, so it’s not a deal breaker. ...Just felt like I had to whine about it a bit.

*I don’t care how crude I may seem, based on the names I have chosen for the characters. I think they are comedy gold. Especially MyAss:

Anyway, on with the journal:
I wandered into Antmiller Cave after snagging the djinni in the northern side of Kalay docks. It had been a while since I last played the game, so I honestly had forgotten exactly what it was I was supposed to be doing at this point in the game/story. This dungeon’s gimmick was a darkness, of sorts. Certain areas of the screen were lit by torches, and everything else was black. In the blackness were maze-like paths. Obviously, I had to find my way through the latter. I eventually ran into some guy who was paralyzed and invisible (strange combination). Through the inexplicable magic that is psynergy, the party could “see” him. Turned out he needed his “draught” to be right with the world right again, which was of course, deeper in the cave. As he explained it, this could only be accomplished by solving some intricate rock/color puzzle (of course).
I was really limiting my usage of psynergy in the dungeon, in order to let my PP replenish naturally. I wondered if I had missed an opportunity to rest in between Kalay Docks and that point... Anyway, it took me a little while to figure out the puzzle to get to the cave’s djinni. Mainly because I didn’t know I could walk in a certain area. That damn djinni was like the one high up in the Lawnmower Man tree dungeon, in that it kept turning tail and running. That meant that I had to keep redoing the damn puzzle every time. There was no extra danger in doing so, so I handled it just like the aforementioned djinni: Saved and reloaded until I beat his ass. It was a stupid gimmick, so I didn’t feel bad cheating it.
I got to the rock/color puzzle in the cave’s depths. Took care of it and brought the draught back to home boy. He revealed himself and started to tell the party his tale. MyAss however, got the feeling that the dude was withholding key points, and read his mind. Turned out this guy was Babi, whom the party had heard about in Tolbi. He was looking for a psynergy-using people he called Lemurians. No one in the party knew that term. It was revealed that Babi knew of Kraden (old scholarly guy near beginning of game), but the discussion had to be halted at that point, as Tolbi guards came running in, looking for Babi. Babi hid his reason for being in the cave from them. On his way being escorted out, Babi agreed to meet the party later. He then suggested the party enter the damn tournament, which I obviously KNEW was coming. On the way out, I noticed that the top floor of the dungeon got brighter the closer the party got to the exit. ‘Twas a nice touch.

*In a pleasant surprise, the tournament is puzzle-based. You have to pick certain party members to cheer for you in certain spectator sections. If you pick the right combination, said party members can use psynergy to give you an edge. The actual fighting is only the end game, which in itself, is no cakewalk. Took me a few tries to beat the last guy. A very nice arena mechanic overall, if I may say.

Anyway, the tournament wore Boner out (...heh), and he passed the fuck out for days. Finally, he awoke to the rest of the party coming to check on him. After a bunch of “are you sure you’re alright?”s, they were on their way. The party met up with Babi, who rewarded Boner with a Lure Cap, which increased the chance of random encounters (good for grinding, I guess). After a whole lot of verbose wind bagging, it was revealed that Lemuria is an ancient civilization, and Babi had traveled there 100 years ago (he sure as hell didn’t look that old). Apparently, the Draught of Lemuria was a potion that slowed the aging process, and is what kept ol’ Babi (and Lemurians in general) looking so fresh n’ so clean. Turned out Babi’s supply was short, so he’d been rationing himself while trying in vain to find Lemuria again. He almost steered the conversation into evil monologue territory, but then things seemed to settle...
He asked the party to find Lemuria. He said that he was able to escape the Lemurian flood in a Lemurian vessel, and he wanted the party to use it, since they could use psynergy. The conversation also revealed that Babi and the party both had business at Venus Lighthouse, the next major lighthouse in the game. Babi was willing to let the party handle that before helping him with Lemuria, so off towards the lighthouse! I found the Cloak Ball in Babi’s room (I almost didn’t go in there. It pays to thoroughly explore, kiddies!), and one more Lucky medal on the way out of his crib. I used the latter on the fountain game to nab an Earth Shield. Aw yeah!

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2015, 02:33:56 PM »
Arrived at Gondowan Passage, where the party was to meet Babi’s man servant (named Imogen, or something abnormal like that). I then got to Suhalla, a little podunk desert town with a purple stream running through it. The residents complained of sandstorms. Some said they were brought there by said sandstorms... Looked like I’d be dealing with sandstorms - :P. Either way, it was nice to be able to stay at an inn (first time in a while).
Suhalla Desert was the next stop/dungeon on the adventure. I assumed this is the place that had sandstorms that would apparently return people to town (Zelda-stype gimmick). It was indeed the case, and I will admit it took me for-goddamn-ever to figure out what the fuck to do there. Turns out  you’re supposed to use the Douse psynergy on them as they pick you up to throw you. Jesus. It was like one of the stupidly improbable puzzles that plague some computer adventure games. I was pissed by the time I got it. Almost turned the damn game off. The funny part is that someone in the last few towns probably told me the answer to that riddle, and I didn’t pay attention. Had to be the case.... Yeah.
Any-friggin-way, each time a whirlwind was subdued, a fight with a Tornado Lizard ensued. I would consider them mini-bosses, cuz they packed a bit of punch. The regular enemies of the desert were no joke, either. Some of them had some pretty powerful attacks. Experience pay outs were worth it, though. I quickly gained a few levels, netting group attack buff and group healing spells. Along the way, I saw an inaccessible giant pink tornado by itself... Strange.
I came across a gap that looked traversable, but was missing something in the middle. Saw no plants or rocks, so I tried Reveal. WOULDN’T ya fuckin know it!! A hidden stepping log right thar! I couldn’t believe that worked. I rarely find secrets on my own.
Came to a cave opening with a Mars djinni, which Dude needed badly. He was always behind on djinni stock. I decided to check out the rest of the cave, which was pretty straightforward. I came out of an opening right next to the giant pink tornado I saw earlier.... There was obviously some reason that was there, but I was apprehensive as hell. Maybe an optional warp, or boss? Since the game has a save-anywhere feature, I decided to try both methods. First, I played it SMB style and see if the ‘nado took me anywhere. Wasn’t a huge deal if I had to start the dungeon over again.

Sure enough!!!! I got dropped somewhere else! I was striking gold on secret shit!! WOO HOO!!  No kidding. I was giddy as fuck when I stumbled onto that. It was total pay back for the whole desert tornado riddle. I felt like me and Golden Sun were cool again.
So, I came to a dungeon called Crossbone Isle. Immediately, it looked like it was puzzle central. I had a good feeling I stumbled upon an optional dungeon. Sure seemed like it, anyway. I worked my way to a cave, and noticed there were no random encounters in- or outside (at this point, I was saving my game every few minutes in a secondary slot, in case I was getting into something that was going to surprise and destroy me). Went down some steps, and got to a door that ended up with the party in a fight that was playing boss music. It pretty a pretty easy battle, actually, and I walked through the door to a big puzzle room with a treasure chest or two in it.
~After getting through that first puzzle, I descended down another flight of steps, and came to a set of doors just like on the first floor. Seemed this was a repeating pattern.  I won the fight at the second door, which was a bit tougher, but still easy enough. It had another puzzle room behind it. It was a big ass log rolling puzzle, with a bunch of treasure chests peppered throughout. One of which had a weapon called a “Mystery Blade”, which absorbed HP, as it turned out. IMO, an invaluable type of weapon, as long as the attack power is good (which it was, in this case).
This place had several signs of being an optional dungeon. One with increasing difficulty on every floor. As far as I could tell, I could easily go back up the stairs and ride the pink tornado again at any time (sounds excellently dirty).  So, I got through the second puzzle room, and decided to try the third floor/door. Seemed the rewards were getting better on each subsequent floor, so I wanted to see what else was in store. I had the taste!!
~The 3rd door fight was a bit tougher than the last, so by then I was more confident that I was right about the nature of the dungeon. Now, it was just a matter of getting as far as I could. Took me a bit, but I figured out how to solve the third puzzle room, which was a bunch of keys that had to be grabbed with the Catch psynergy.
~Went on to floor/door 4... which a couple of griffons were guarding. They were only marginally more difficult than the door 3 fight. Mainly because they attacked only once per round. If they could have made 2 moves per round, it may have been a different story. The puzzle on this floor... The one with statues pushing you back from advancing... I couldn’t figure out at first. I eventually discovered that I could keep the statues that moved horizontally at bay with the Halt psynergy. As for the statues that moved vertically... I finally figured out that the Cloak (Ball) psynergy turned me into an outline in the shadows (as per it’s description), and the statues couldn’t detect me. Got an awesome armor upgrade for MyAss in the process of making it to the next floor.
~Floor 5: I was getting apprehensive at this point, cuz I knew the fights were just going to get more and more difficult. Thank the gods for this game’s save mechanic. The fight at door 5 was indeed pretty tough. Dude and MyAss were both wiped out in the very first round. Good thing I had some revival items saved up. One of the most devastating attacks was a kamikaze one, which thankfully increased my chances of winning in the end. The main enemy, the Lizard King, had a shit ton of HP, and some fairly strong AOE attacks. I came out the victor, but it was admittedly close. The puzzle room was easy enough to figure out. Didn’t require any special psynergy. It was one of those that had rolling logs in a basin. You flooded or emptied said basin after pushing the logs around, so that you could log-leap from one edge to the other.
~I was even more nervous getting to floor 6‘s door. The fight (2 Griffons) was actually a bit easier than the one on the previous floor, but it did take a bit more strategy. Mainly because the Griffons had strong poison attacks. In the end, the fight was doable for the same reason as floor 5: Enemies only attacked once per round. There was a djinni in floor 6's puzzle room. Easy enough to get at. This puzzle room was also one that didn’t require any special psynergy. Just some good ol’ fashioned puzzle solving skills.
~Went onward, to floor 7. Two Earth Lizards guarded the door. They had some strong AOE attacks that had a side effect of lowering defense, so they had the potential to do some damage. Thankfully, between Dude’s ability to raise the group’s defense, and Vieja’s strong healing psynergys, it was manageable. I tried everything I could think of in the puzzle room, but it seemed like I was missing some psynergy/power that was needed there...  Begrudgingly, I turned around. It’s not like there wasn’t main story stuff to do, anyway.
*I decided to keep a save of the party on the island in the 2nd save slot. Just in case I couldn’t come back, and didn’t yet figure out something I could have done all along.

Hopped onto the pink tornado at the beach, and it dropped the party back at Suhalla Village, just like any of the other tornados. After trekking through the desert again, I saw the pink tornado, and was relieved I could go back and try Crossbone Isle again later. The upgraded equipment I got from there was proving to be effective in battle as it was, so i was happy and proud of myself for getting as far as I did - lol.
On my way out of the southern portion of the desert, a damn giant (regular-colored) tornado started chasing me! I tried to get away, but it snagged me. I didn’t want to potentially go through the damn desert again, and I doubted that a tornado that was actively chasing me was going to take me anywhere special (lol). So, I Doused the sumbitch. Boss fight music, ahoy! It was what looked to be a stronger version of the Tornado Lizards - a Storm Lizard. It was a decent challenge, but nothing worse than what I had already fought back at Crossbone Isle.

Made it out of the desert. Arrived at Suhalla Gate, the next dungeon/pass. Some guards there got knocked-the-fuck-out by Felix & his gang. The party definitely had to hurry to the lighthouse (as if it was at a leisurely pace before).
The enemies here had high defense and attack power, so battles were more fun and challenging than usual. It seemed that battles in the overall game were becoming more challenging at that point. Nothing to get too excited about, but more strategy and consideration was required, so it made me feel more involved, ...which is all anyone ever wants. ;P
Anyway, getting to the djinni here was a game of Fall Off of the Cliff at the Right Spot. In regards to changing battle difficulty, djinni fights had become a cakewalk. In the early game, they were some of the toughest. Maybe it just hand’t scaled yet... I snagged the li’l booger after putting a boot to it’s ass.
Coming out of the other side of the pass through a cave, the party and Imogen[sic] discovered what they thought was Babi’s ship, destroyed in the bay. Imogen tried to get Boner to use the newly revealed Black Orb to control the ship remotely. No dice. All agreed to come back later, after taking care of the lighthouse bizz-nizz.
Coming out of the real exit to the pass, the party pressed on to the Lighthouse. Felix’s crew really roughed up the people there, even the weak-ass scholars. Shit was gettin’ real, yo! Inside, I found puzzles similar to the one with which I had trouble over at CI. Seemed we lacked a psynergy called Carry... I read the engraved wall, which basically said everything short of “use Reveal”. Doing so revealed a doorway. Through said doorway I found the Carry Stone. No explanation needed at this point, I’m sure.
After a few puzzles, the party got to a large statue of a woman, which uttered (in their minds)cryptic words about the real entrance being far away.... Okayyyy... There were lights on the floor that would light up in one of two possible combinations each time the statue was “spoken” to. I had no idea what any of this meant. After trying different things in different rooms of the lighthouse, and eventually getting frustrated, I decided that maybe the statue meant I had to leave through the lighthouse’s other (eastern) entrance and find a far away entrance...? Couldn’t hurt. Still had no idea what the lights on the floor dealie was...

Arrived at the next town, Lalivero. Some injured guards there spoke of some ruins under Babi’s lighthouse. I assumed this was the “far away entrance”. Anyway, Lalivero had some awesome weapons in the artifacts section of the shop. I was able to upgrade everyone’s weapons to some powerful magical ones. They were damn expensive, but I don’t mind saying I had a ton of money at that point. It literally pays to rarely run from fights.
Townsfolk spoke of Sheba, who was apparently some local kid, who was kidnapped by Felix’s party. Apparently, she had great powers, and people were surprised that she could be taken hostage. Interesting... People also spoke of a connection between the aforementioned ruins and the lighthouse. Guess I was headed in the right direction. The town also had a guarded stash house of Babi’s. Of course, I could not enter. Juicy! There was a djinni on a rooftop in the northern section of town, but it looked like it was only accessible from the inaccessible safe house... Dang.

Next Stop: Road to Babi’s Lighthouse. Injured bodies were strewn around here, too. Damn Felix and his boyz weren’t fuckin around! After a few puzzles, I stumbled onto another djinni for MyAss. Further into the ruins, Boner had to prove his synergy power to Faran and his group (people affiliated with Babi, or just locals, I assumed), who were trying to figure out how Felix and his peeps got through what seemed like an impassable door. Using Reveal showed a switch which opened the door. Everyone in attendance was understandably WOWed. The catch was, the door wouldn’t let non-adepts through. Naturally, it was up to Boner’s crew from there.
Went through the door, and into the Tunnel Ruins. Immediately noticeable was a statue just like the one in the Lighthouse. The lights on the floor here corresponded to how I left them in the lighthouse. Guessed they were different paths...?
Some puzzles here were a bit of a bitch. One involved filling a tall fountain with water, moving it, and THEN freezing it to use as a tall stepping stone. That shit took me longer to decipher than I’d care to admit. Another one was the colored statues that have to be put into the correct order. I didn’t think to read their minds nearly soon enough. (The dialogue mentions that “it seems they speak to your soul” when you “talk” to them - obvious clue that I missed,).

I entered Venus Lighthouse through a small path, which confirmed the stupid statue’s riddle. There was a psynergy stone by the entrance that reappeared every time the room was re-entered. This was starting to feel like final dungeon territory to me, based on the aforementioned stone, and the fact that enemies there had words like “King”, “Lord”; and “Mage” in their names. Usually, those are late game type enemies. I wasn’t that close to the end of the game, was I? It felt like there was still a lot to do yet. The music even sounded like final dungeon stuff...
After a whole bunch of fun (and a few frustrating) puzzles, I made it to the top of the lighthouse. Along the way, I gained some nice equipment. Some of which seemed like real endgame items, like the Gaia Blade, which sometimes unleashed the beauty that is Titan Sword in battle.
The 2 main bad guys, Saturos and Menardi, were arguing with Felix about letting the girl Sheba go. Ultimately, it led to Felix challenging them. A fight did not transpire though, as Boner’s party interrupted it. Saturos then struck a deal with Boner’s gang about surrendering the Sham’s Rod for Sheba’s safety. Of course, being an evil bastard, Saturos ultimately did not honor the deal. He and Menardi then attacked Boner’s group. The fight was damn easy. Although, I was sure it was the first of the traditional JRPG multi-stage last battles.
After the baddies fell, Felix would still not give up Sheba, and stated that he was determined to light the lighthouses himself. After a fight almost happens between the two sides, Saturos and Menardi arose to go through the whole “Now face our TRUE power!!!” dealie. Even that scene managed to be long-winded... Felix used the distraction to get away with Sheba. Of course, it all led to the two Wonder Twins merging.. into....

The Fusion Dragon!! Dah-nah-nahhhhhhhhh!!!

It was not much of a final battle, honestly. The dragon had some very strong attacks, and managed to take out MyAss one time, but overall, it was not that challenging. Part of what helped is that I never needed to use my best healing items (included revival; full PP recovery) until then, so I had plenty. Still, I’m sure the fight would have been winnable without that added bonus.
Afterwards, Felix was revealed to be hiding in the sidelines during the battle. He showed himself and mentioned that if Boner’s party could take out the dragon, he (Felix) would be no match for them. As Felix still recklessly insisted on lighting all of the lighthouse beacons, the Venus Lighthouse started crumbling. Sheba fell to her death, even though Felix tried to save her. Felix recklessly dove after her. All that could be assumed is that both were dead..
Mysteriously, the lighthouse fixed itself after Felix’s dive. Weird. That’s some unexplained shit right there (at least as of yet). Anyway, the party eventually made it back to Lalivero. They could not find Jenna after an exhaustive search... In Lalivero, it was revealed that Babi’s special ship was docked in the guarded stash house. Boner’s party was to take the ship to find Lemuria.
So, I used the Black Orb to raise the ship, and then the party got on the ship...

And the fucking credits rolled!!?? Seriously, they leave it on a sort of a cliffhanger like that? I suppose Golden Sun Part Deux was intended from the get-go. Bastards!
A post credit scene showed Jenna and Kraden passed out on a newly created and moving island. Alex (one of the bad guys that I had completely forgot about) walked up, and showed them Felix and Sheba, alive but unconscious on the beach.. then... “To Be Continued”.

Horse shit! Guess what Camelot, I’m not taking the bait and playing GS2!! One GS was enough for me. Sowwee!

***So there you have it, folks. Not really much else I can say at this point, as I revealed my opinions on the game and such as I wrote the journal. The abrupt ending was crap, but I guess I understand if Camelot wanted to play it that way. I sure as hell don’t, though...
Well, I will say one thing: IMO, the game’s battles were too easy. Some of the puzzles were damn challenging, but only a handful of the battles could be considered as such. I guess that’s just how the GS cookie crumbles.

It is a nice, if not simplistic, JRPG.

Thanks for reading!

Hathen

• View Profile
Re: Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun *COMPLETED*
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2015, 11:29:05 AM »
I can only assume they decided to make Golden Sun 2 parts because Shining Force III was in three parts, and that did pretty well (as far as I know). Shining Force III had like a hundred characters and a much larger storyline though. At least in the West Golden Sun actually got both parts released, and it was on a console people actually owned.

I'd say if you ever feel up to it, it's worth trying out The Lost Age. It's doesn't really solve the "easy as piss" issue the first game had, but it's a lot better than the first part in almost every way. It feels a little more "open" and the puzzles are generally speaking more interesting. The Djinn are also a bit more fun to play around with, but you only really get to get the most out of it if you transfer a complete data from the first game, which is kinda lame. Transferring data over is a huge pain in the ass too, it takes forever to enter the password Golden Sun Uno gives out.

Still, if I was ever going to refer someone a RPG with puzzles, I'd probably recommend playing through Lufia II about 3 times before trying Golden Sun. Like I said before, Golden Sun mostly looked impressive for its time- I don't really think it's something you go back and play now and find particularly special. Kinda like playing Phantasy Star II or something, I guess.

Dice

• AMG A GIRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2015, 06:36:33 PM »
It's really disappointing that the third game ends on a similar cliff hanger with no sequel in sight yet (and Camelot often seems busy with everything else in there instead).  You definitely should tough out The Lost Age, as already mentioned it's a superior title in many ways --- even though GS is def a good start.\\

RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2015, 04:50:29 PM »
Thanks for the replies, guys. I may try The Lost Age someday, but it will most likely be a while 'til then. I've been GS-ed out for now, and have so many other games I want to play in the meantime.
One of which is the first Wild Arms. I was thinking of journaling that one, too.. but I'm still on the fence about it. It's a lot of writing - lol.

Also, I love Lufia 2. =D

Dice

• AMG A GIRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2015, 01:49:04 AM »
Thanks for the replies, guys. I may try The Lost Age someday, but it will most likely be a while 'til then. I've been GS-ed out for now, and have so many other games I want to play in the meantime.
One of which is the first Wild Arms. I was thinking of journaling that one, too.. but I'm still on the fence about it. It's a lot of writing - lol.

Also, I love Lufia 2. =D

I'd actually love reading either of those.  I've wanted to replay WA but I haven't had the time. 
I'm definitely one of those people that when I hear an OST I like I wanna pick up the game.... I should take WA tracks off my list.

Lufia 2 was like the longest game ever so I'd love to hear someone else finishing it.xD

RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!