Author Topic: Fallout 4

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
Fallout 4
« on: June 03, 2015, 01:22:51 PM »
C'mon, how is this not a topic?  Accidentally leaked for a few minutes, but highly assumed:

EDIT --- AAaaand the Trailer:
https://youtu.be/GE2BkLqMef4
So colourful (for Fallout)!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 01:33:23 PM by Dice »
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

farley2k

• View Profile
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 01:40:54 PM »
I am on board but I have to say it looks pretty much exactly like Fallout 3 with better graphics.  Not bad but I wish they would have shown something new.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 01:55:13 PM »
I never played fallout 3, wish I did though. Honestly, not something I am jonesing for.

TASTY!

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 02:06:46 PM »
Yeah, I'm kind of just getting bored. Bethesda games haven't really changed since Morrowind. And what makes matters worse is since Boston folks are a bunch of jingoistic nutbags, the local news is probably gonna suddenly be in love with video games. And that's just going to be beyond cringe-worthy. (honestly, the only difference between Texas and Boston is that Texas wants to separate from America and Boston thinks they ARE America.)

Yay for Airships, though.

ScottC

• RPGFan Editor
  • Manderville Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 02:21:24 PM »
I like the Fallout series but I'll wait for more from E3 before getting excited for it.

And what makes matters worse is since Boston folks are a bunch of jingoistic nutbags, the local news is probably gonna suddenly be in love with video games. And that's just going to be beyond cringe-worthy. (honestly, the only difference between Texas and Boston is that Texas wants to separate from America and Boston thinks they ARE America.)

This so hard, the fact that at 1:50 in the video it looks like there is a Fallout version of Fenway Park/Landowne Street makes me throw up a bit.  Boston will eat this up.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 02:27:34 PM by ScottC »

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 02:34:46 PM »
I'm still hoping for a major stat/perk system rework AND cities with actual people in them instead of a barn with 3 people being a 'town'.
The colours are a welcomed addition in this world of brownification. (not the MLP kind)

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 02:38:24 PM »
I too love that they have a good balance of color compared to Fallout 3.

Like Annubis I'm hoping to hear some stuff about what they're doing the stat/perk system. I really, really hope this isn't going to be a case like Skyrim where they decided to remove tons and tons of the RPG elements instead of fixing what didn't work.

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 02:48:46 PM »
I will definitely play this. Even if it does end up feeling like a rehash of 3. I absolutely love 3, and unless there are some real bullshit changes, I'm pretty sure I will feel the same about this one.

To be fair, I will be playing it on PC. Bethesda games suck serious ass on consoles.

Darilon

• Level 5 Spoony Bard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 05:37:36 PM »
Really like the added colour. I wonder will the story be like Fallout 3 or more like New Vegas.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 05:52:57 PM »
Honestly, "More Fallout 3 but with a New Engine and More Color" is all I need to be happy. Because Fallout 3 is so buggy that I can't play it anymore. So if this game doesn't crash on start-up because I saved more than once, this would be the best thing ever as far as I'm concerned.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

bigdeath

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 10:16:12 AM »
After the Witcher 3 (where CDPR had the "innovative" thought to actually give side quests a storyline and choice), another fallout 3 is going to seem disappointing. That said, the trailer did reveal that they are likely going to be using a voiced protagonist. Perhaps they can do more fleshed out sidequest and less fetch quest filler.

Maxximum

• RPGFan Editor
  • Fills you with determiantion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2015, 09:01:30 AM »
Wonder what the odds of an isometric fallout are.
NOW PLAYING:
I can't tell you

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2015, 09:45:32 AM »
Wonder what the odds of an isometric fallout are.

-12% ?

DomLee

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2015, 06:41:27 PM »
Anddd this game will probably not run on my PC.

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2015, 10:21:23 PM »
-12% is about the chance I've got of it running on mine, so PS4 it is!  Yeah, I'll miss out on mods, but I'll live with that like I have in the past.
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut