Author Topic: Fallout 4

ZeronHitaro

• View Profile
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #120 on: November 24, 2015, 08:51:45 AM »
*Side-Quest Related*

Really starting to wonder if Bethesda fired all of its writing staff that knew how to do Horror-themes. It's really, really bizarre because Skyrim had some really good moments in their side-quests that pulled off that kinda distraction gloriously. But between

Code: [Select]
The Museum of Witchcraft and Dunwich Borers
everything's been kind of a let down. The first was a fantastic build-up that (quickly) let to a VERY predictable, almost comedic end due to how poorly that particular thing could be cheesed. The second was a meh build up, promising middle, but as soon as that promise peeks its head out *pop*, it all ends.

In this particular case I'd rather they did nothing than present this half-baked mess. XP

Lard

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 31, 2016, 01:38:03 AM »
I've been playing this recently (Level 19) and the one complaint I don't get is about the dialogue.

I don't understand how it's "dumbed down" compared to the other games.

I'm mostly disappointed they used so much of the same music from the previous games. I was hoping for a fancy new soundtrack to get used to.

As for the setting, I really hope they don't just decide to go East Coast/West Coast every time. They need to shake up the formula a bit.
I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 23, 2016, 07:57:38 PM »
Bumping for the Far Harbor dlc release since bo one has brought it up. Anyone else hanging in the wastelands of massachusetts again?

TASTY!

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 06, 2016, 02:40:06 PM »
My friend was replaying a modded version of this game the other day... how did this turn out really anyway?

My first experience with Fallout was with 2 which I thought was pretty amazing, as well as what I believe to be the underrated Fallout Tactics...

Fallout 3 was also pretty enjoyable, although I didn't like the whole ending sequence, as well as a few of the weapon changes and while VATS was at times fun I felt it was overall an uneven experience.

I kind of skipped Fallout 4 a little bit but it looked like it had some pretty attractive nerdy desirable characters like MacCready, Cait, etc as part of the newfangled Bioware romance routes and other quirks that are kind of shaking up the formula slightly.
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

ZeronHitaro

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 06, 2016, 02:54:43 PM »
I'll still say the best Fallout game out there right now is New Vegas. The core itself it pretty solid, but with the sheer scope of mods out there for it and what they do for it...puts 4 to shame. Although 4 probably is second best; even if the leveling system is utter garbage if you want anything to do with crafting. The original and 2 tie for third. 3 unfortunately sits bottom of the barrel of the main line. Even with mods there's just no salvaging the hallway-shooter problem that plagues virtually 80%+ of its gameplay. (Literally half of it's DLC is nothing more than straight line run and guns. When you get to experience things like Old World Blues it just shows how much better Obsidian does things over Bethesda.)

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 11, 2016, 03:14:55 AM »
I'm super late to the party on this one, but I stumbled across a good deal recently and finally picked it up.  (I love this series, but had just been too swamped with work - paid and site - to play 4 yet.)  Thought I'd share something I made - it should work with all of the modern Fallouts.

To help myself with the hacking minigame, I built a spreadsheet where I can enter the words to choose from, the ones I choose, and it'll tell me how many letters they have in common, so make it easier for me to figure out what the right answer is.  I don't think of it as cheating, because I sitill have to do the mental work - it just saves me from some of the tedium of counting and the frustration of trying to remember which words I've already eliminated.  It works with any word length, and it'll highlight if you've entered a word as a possible choice that doesn't match the length of the word you say you're going to choose.

I put it on Google Sheets, and made it so people can see it if they've got the link.  It should allow you to save your own, editable copy.  The first sheet has instructions, the second has the work space.  If you bookmark it while you're on the second sheet, your bookmark will always take you to that sheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fXileGj91EBJOcR_zWVe4EN4O30Ky-VLl7WJWL5ZCxY/edit?usp=sharing
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2017, 04:23:58 PM »
ARISE FROM YOUR GRAVE

...I mean...Vault...cuz Fallout 4 just got a Game of the Year Edition announced, finally. Personally, I have been waiting for this announcement for too long. And now that this excrutiating wait is over (It came out in 2015), I can eagerly await the next 50% off sale in...probably 2 more years. Yay~

(Literally 30 minutes ago, I was saying to myself, "maybe I should walk into this Gamestop and see if Fallout 4 is on sale, or at least ask if they've heard any news of a GOTY edition" and then my bus arrived early and I decided to look for news online later. Coincidence? I think not!)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 12:59:54 AM by Mickeymac92 »

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 10, 2017, 05:11:24 PM »
Fallout 4 just got a Game of the Year Edition announced, finally. Personally, I have been waiting for this announcement for too long. And that this excruciating wait is over (It came out in 2015), I can eagerly await the next 50% off sale in...probably 2 more years. Yay~

With you 100% on this. The extra 2 years will hopefully give modders ample time to try to perfect any patches.

Nel_Annette

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 10, 2017, 10:31:43 PM »
Fallout 4 just got a Game of the Year Edition announced, finally. Personally, I have been waiting for this announcement for too long. And that this excrutiating wait is over (It came out in 2015), I can eagerly await the next 50% off sale in...probably 2 more years. Yay~

(Literally 30 minutes ago, I was saying to myself, "maybe I should walk into this Gamestop and see if Fallout 4 is on sale, or at least ask if they've heard any news of a GOTY edition" and then my bus arrived early and I decided to look for news online later. Coincidence? I think not!)

Finally. I bought 3 and New Vegas GOTY/Ultimate editions like I do for most AAA games and had been holding out so long for this one.

bigdeath

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 30, 2017, 11:26:28 PM »
Yeah, I too have a habit of buying games way out of date as well. I'd rather buy a game and all DLC for $40 (like I'm going to do soon for the witcher 3) then buy any game at launch. Besides, theres always a never ending backlog of games for me to play. Not much free time as an adult. Much sad. And kids want to grow up fast, lol.

Funny that theres more people like me than I thought. lol
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 11:28:17 PM by bigdeath »

Chronix112

• Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi
  • Unlimited Insomniac Works
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 17, 2017, 03:18:59 AM »
Yeah, I too have a habit of buying games way out of date as well. I'd rather buy a game and all DLC for $40 (like I'm going to do soon for the witcher 3) then buy any game at launch. Besides, theres always a never ending backlog of games for me to play. Not much free time as an adult. Much sad. And kids want to grow up fast, lol.

Funny that theres more people like me than I thought. lol
Unless you just really want support a company/dev there is really no reason to be in a hurry to buy a game at launch that you know that you are not immediately going to play, this is especially true $60. 00 AAA games. I am at point were I almost never buy games with AAA pricing at launch......still waiting for GTA V to have a greater then 50% discount.